상호대차(相互貸償) 제도의 이론(理論)과 응용
Theory and practice of the interlibrary loan service
Interlibrary loan has been a very common library service in the developed countries but it is yet to be actualized formerly in Korea. As Korea is moving toward an information society where all the individual user's request in the library should be met, we need to understand, in detail, the theory and practice of interlibrary loan service. As various information technology has been applied to the libraries, the libraries became the open system. Thus, the libraries become more cooperative, form networks, and make interlibrary loan service available. This study is based on the following three hypothesis formulated from the systems theory. 1. If libraries cooperate each other and form some kind of networks by mail, computers or telecommunications, they become the open system. 2. If a library develops as the open system, interlibrary loan becomes available in the library. 3. If the interlibrary loan system works, the role of the librarians will be changed. The research was carried out by analyzing the various studies about interlibrary loan service and by examining the interlibrary loan systerns presently working in the U.S.. The conclusions are reached deductively from the data. Some of the terminology used are defined as follows: System: a network of interrelated procedures that are joined together to perform an activity or to accomplish a specific objective. It is, in effect, all the ingredient which make up the whole. Cooperation: Working together to benefit participant libraries. Network: a much more structured type of cooperation in which definite regions or areas are connected by electronic or other means to promote interlibrary loaning of materials, in-service traing & other sharing of resources. Interlibrary loan: the lending of books between libraries. The model of cooperation or networks was used to be (1) a star type, (2) a hieranchical type, (3) a distributed type or (4) the combination of aforementioned three. However, the development of the telecommunications and computers enables all kinds of libraires cooperate together. Interlibrary loan service starts with the needs of user's information. The information have to be logically accessed through bibliographies, computers, electronic mails and satellite communications. And the logical access requires the information technology and the libraries become cooperative. The physical access to the information follows next but only traditional method of mail and some commercial service are currently available for this purpose. Therefore, researches are needed to develop this physical access. If the libraries form networks, the microaspect of library changes accordingly as the macroaspect changes. If the libraries . cooperate to become one large world library, the librarians plan, organize, control library operations and report the results. And the librarians work inside and outside of the library to cooperate with other libraries. Only the cooperation of the libraries will enhance interlibrary loan and the Korean librarians have to be prepared to accept the new role of librarianship for the interlibrary loan service.
저자의 다른 논문
- 1983 "문화변용이론의 시각에서 본 우리나라 공공도서관의 발전과정" 도서관학 = Journal of the Korean Library Science Society 10 (): 39~70
- 1984 "한국 대학도서관 수서(收書)에 관한 연구" 도서관학 = Journal of the Korean Library Science Society 11 (): 77~116
- 1989 "한국 도서관의 컴퓨터 기술 도입에 관한 연구" 도서관학 = Journal of the Korean Library Science Society 17 (): 161~201
- 1993 "정보사회의 도서관 경영" 한국문헌정보학회지 = Journal of the Korean Society for Library and Information Science 25 (): 151~183
- 1994 "정보사회의 도서관봉사" 한국문헌정보학회지 = Journal of the Korean Society for Library and Information Science 27 (): 161~181
- 1997 "시와 도(道)의 도서관 발전과정과 현황: "한국도서관통계"를 중심으로" 한국문헌정보학회지 = Journal of the Korean Society for Library and Information Science 31 (4): 239~266
- 1998 "공동이용을 위한 국내소장 외국학술잡지자원의 평가 : 문헌정보학을 중심으로" 정보관리학회지 = Journal of the Korean society for information management 15 (3): 175~191
- 2002 "대학도서관 정책의 반성과 과제" 한국도서관 정보학회지 = Journal of Korean Library and Information Science Society 33 (3): 431~444
- 2003 "21세기의 도서관·정보센터 건축에 관한 연구" 한국문헌정보학회지 = Journal of the Korean Society for Library and Information Science 37 (2): 291~301
- 2003 "한국사회의 문자.도서관 이용자에 관한 연구" 한국도서관 정보학회지 = Journal of Korean Library and Information Science Society 34 (4): 271~289
- NDSL :
- DBPia : 저널
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 이용한 콘텐츠
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기