정보학 교육의 개혁방안 연구
A Study of the Education of Information Specialists
The purpose of this study is to evaluate the information science education provided by the undergraduate courses of the departments of library science of the Korean universities by looking at major topics included in the syllabi distributed to students in the past three years. It is important to determine the evaluation of the professional education for information specialists by the graduates of the departments of library science who have acquired a critical appreciation of their professional studies and speak from experience about the relavance of the programme to their work and careers, and by the managers of information service units where the graduates would eventually make their careers. Specifically, the study addresses the following four questions. (a) To what excent do the information science curricula contribute to advancement of theory and practice of the information profession? (b) To what extent do the information science curricula contribute to students in acquiring the knowledge and skills required of the information specialist? (c) To what extent are the employers' concerns reflected in the information science curricula? (d) What reforms are needed to bring the current information science curricula closer to the present and future needs of the information profession? To answer these questions, the study is conducted in two main parts: an in-depth subject analysis of the articles of three important journals in the field of information science published during the past ten years and of the syllabi used for information science subjects taught in the departments of library science during the past three years and an extensive survey of the graduates of departments of library science and their principal employers. The major findings are as follows. The average number of 4.1 subjects of information science is offered in departments of library science, and the most common subjects offered are introduction to information science, information storage and retrieval, and library automation. Approximately two thirds of the total output of research and development in the field of information science are taught at one or more departments of library science in Korea. Majority of the graduates of the departments of library science comment that their professional education did not offer to them systematic orientation to the specifics of the first job. The employers of the graduates believe that departments of library science should provide sufficient practicums to enable students to understand and apply the theory.
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (1)
- 1995. "Analysis of Practical Utilization of Research Outputs in Librarianship and Information Management" 정보관리학회지 = Journal of the Korean society for information management, 12(2): 193~212
저자의 다른 논문
- 1973 "도서관봉사의 변화를 결정하는 요인에 대한 고찰" 도서관학 = Journal of the Korean Library Science Society 3 (): 83~102
- 1973 "도서관의 정보봉사" 도협 월보 14 (7): 8~14
- 1974 "'도서관법(圖書館法)' 중(中) '공공도서관(公共圖書館)의 목적(目的)'에 대한 비판적(批判的) 고찰(考察)" 한국비블리아 = The journal of library and information science 2 (1): 132~177
- 1974 "사서직의 전문성 고찰" 도협 월보 15 (10): 2~8
- 1975 "운영연구(OR)의 도서관응용 -그 몇가지 잠재적응용분야에 대하여-" 도서관학 = Journal of the Korean Library Science Society 4 (): 43~71
- 1980 "중진국의 정보유통체제 연구" 도서관학 = Journal of the Korean Library Science Society 7 (): 89~195
- 1984 "우리나라의 초록시스템 - 현황, 문제 및 개선방안" 한국비블리아 = The journal of library and information science 6 (1): 133~160
- 1985 "전국색인지간행협동체제 편성방안에 관한 연구" 도서관학 = Journal of the Korean Library Science Society 12 (): 39~86
- 1985 "한국적 도서관학교육과정 연구" 도서관학 = Journal of the Korean Library Science Society 12 (): 269~327
- 1990 "개발도상국의 산업정보정책" 도서관학 = Journal of the Korean Library Science Society 19 (): 3~22
- NDSL :
- DBPia : 저널
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기