Anti-allergic and Anti-inflammatory Actions of Cimicifuga heracleifolia: Partial Purification of Active Components
Anti-allergic and anti-inflammatory actions of the water extract from Cimicifuga heracleifolia were evaluated in mice and rats. Several criteria were employed to assess the anti-allergic and anti-inflammatory actions of Cimicifuga heracleifolia, such as hyaluronidase activity, mediators-induced vascular permeability changes, 48 hour homologous passive cutaneous anaphylaxis (PCA) histamine release from mast cells, and the carrageenan-induced rat paw edema. To further characterize the active components, the water extract was either extracted with organic solvent or fractionated according to molecular weight, and each fraction was tested for some of anti-allergic parameters. Hyaluronidase activities, both in activating and in activated states, were significantly inhibited by the water extract of Cimicifuga heracleifolia and by some of its subfractions, molecular weight less than 1,000. The water extracts (50~400 mg/kg) significantly inhibited 48 hr homologous PCA and vascular permeability changes induced by chemical mediators (histamine, serotonin, and leukotriene $C_4$ ) in mice. In the case of histamine-induced vascular permeability changes, more extensive studies were conducted; water extract was either fractionated according to molecular weight or extracted with butanol. Anti-histamine actions were observed only from the water layer, and these active components were of the molecular weight less than 1,000. These anti-allergic actions were observed mainly from mice than from rats. On the other hand, anti-inflammatory actions of the water extract from Cimicifuga heracleifolia were significant in rats.
저자의 다른 논문
- 1992 "수종 생약의 항알레르기 작용" 약학회지 = Yakhak hoeji 36 (2): 140~149
- 1992 "수종 생약의 48시간 동종 수동 피부 아나필락시와 화학적 전달물질에 대한 작용" 약학회지 = Yakhak hoeji 36 (4): 357~369
- 1995 "Effects of Panax ginseng on Morphine-induced Immune Suppression" The journal of applied pharmacology : the official journal of the Korean Society of Applied Pharmacology 3 (3): 177~181
- 1999 "Anti-allergic Actions of the Leaves of Castnea crenata and Isolation of an Active Component Responsible for the Inhibition of Mast Cell Degranulation" Archives of pharmacal research : a publication of the Pharmaceutical Society of Korea 22 (3): 320~323
- 1999 "Effects of Morphine and Panax ginseng on the Opioid Receptor-G protein Interactions" The journal of applied pharmacology : the official journal of the Korean Society of Applied Pharmacology 7 (1): 1~6
- NDSL :
- 한국학술정보 : 저널
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기