SOUTH KOREA′S WATER RESOURCES POLICY TOWARD THE 21ST CENTURY: CONFLICTING VIEWS
Issues and problems in formulating South Korea's water resources policy are discussed in terms of water quantity and quality. South Korean needs both water conservation and water supply capability for the growing population and economic activities. The government has attempted to build more large-scale dams to store and supply water for residential, farming and industrial uses, but the environmentalists who emphasize conservation and environmental protection oppose the government. The environmentalists are popular among the general public. Water quality has been deteriorating from point- ad non-point sources. urban and farm runoffs are serious pollutants. All want by preserve water quality. There is no dispute on this matter between the government and the environmentalists. Money is hard to come by to preserve water quality. Economic and financial crises and no self-sufficient local governments' revenue structure are pessimistic. Basic survey on water resources, hydrology and hydraulic is badly needed for the future water resources planning.
- Park, Dae Moon(2000). 'Direction of Environmental Policy in Year 2000.' Journal of Environmental Hi-Technology, Vol. 8, No. pp. 3
- Korea Environment Institute(1998). Environment and Polities: Naktong River and the WIchon Industrial Park, KEI/1998/WO-06
- Ku, Do-Wan(1999). 'The Environmental Consciousness of the Korean People.' Journal of Environmental Policy and Administration, Vol. 7, No.2, pp. 17-33
- Lee, Jong-Jun(1999). 'Demand Control and Effective Water Use.' in Center for Environment and Development, ed., Let's Change Water Policy, CED-98-01, pp. 15-51
- Local Autonomy Monthly(1999). A Special issue on the Naktong River Problem;6 articles are assembled. pp. 42-70
- Ministry of Construction and Transportation(2000). The World Day for Water
- Choi, Yearn Hong (1998). 'From One Captial to Another: Seoul, South Korea, and Washington, D.C., Struggle with Sustainable Development.' Water Environment & Technology, Vol. 10, No. 11, pp. 50-54
- Choi, Yearn Hong (1999). 'Toward A Creative Local Government for Economic Development : From the US Perspective,' in Kangwon National University, ed., Reinventing Local Government and Regional Economy, pp. 165-178
- Choi, Yearn Hong (1999). 'Environmental Management in South Korea: Origin, Policy, Program, Questions,' Korea Observer, Vol. 30, No.2, pp. 269-291
- Kim, Sun-hee(1996). 'Regional Water Conflicts and Water Quality.' Journal of Environmental Policy and Adminsitration, Vol. 4, No. 2, pp. 221-243
- NDSL :
- 원문이 없습니다.
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기