A Novel Dead-Time Compensation Method using Disturbance Observer
A new on-line dead-time compensation method for a permanent magnet (PM) synchronous motor drive is proposed. Using a simple disturbance observer without any additional circuit and off-line experimental measurement, disturbance voltages in the synchronous reference dq frame caused by the dead time and non-ideal switching characteristics of power devices are estimated in an on-line manner and fed to voltage references in order to compensate the dead-time effects. The proposed method is applied to a PM synchronous motor drive system and implemented by using software of a digital signal processor (DSP) TMS320C31. Simulations and experiments are carried out for this system and the results well demonstrate the effectiveness of the proposed method.
- Y. Murai, T. Watanabe, and H. Iwasaki, 'Waveform distortion and correction circuit for PWM inverter with switching lag-times', IEEE Trans. Industry Applications, vol. IA-23, no. 5, pp. 881-886, Sep./Oct. 1987
- R.C. Dodson, P.O. Evans, H.T. Yazdi, and S.C. Harley, 'Compensating for dead time degradation of PWM inverter waveforms', lEE Proceedings, vol. 137, pt. B, no. 2, March 1990
- J. W. Choi and S.K SuI, 'Inverter output voltage synthesis using novel dead-time compensation', IEEE Trans. Power Electronics, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 221-227, March 1996
- A. Munoz-Garcia and T. A. Lipo, 'On-line dead-time compensation technique for open-loop PWM-VSI drives', IEEE Appli. Power Elect. Conf Rec., pp. 95-100, Feb. 1998
- J. W. Choi and S.K SuI, 'A new compensation strategy reducing voltage/current distortion in PWM VSI systems operating with low output voltage', IEEE Trans. Industry Applications, vol. 31, no. 5, pp. 1001-1008, Sep./Oct. 1995
- T. Sukegawa, K. Kamiyama, K. Mizuno, T. Matsui, and T. Okuyama, 'Fully digital, vector-controlled PWM VSI-fed ac drives with an inverter dead-time compensation strategy', IEEE Trans. Industry Applications, voL 27, no. 3, pp. 552-559, May/June 1991
- D. Leggate and R. J. Kerkman, 'Pulse-based dead-time compensator for PWM voltage inverter', IEEE Trans. Industrial Electronics, vol. 44, no. 2, pp. 191-197, April 1997
- P. C. Krause, Analysis of Electric Machinery, McGraw-Hill, New York, 1986
- K. Ogata, Discrete-Time Control Systems, Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice-Hall, 1987
- S. G. Jeong and M. H. Park, 'The analysis and compensation of dead-time effects in PWM inverters', IEEE Trans. Industrial Electronics, voL 38, no. 2, pp. 108 -114, April 1991
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (4)
- 2003. "Anti-Slip Control by Adhesion Effort Estimation of 1C-4 Minimized Railway Vehicle using Load Torque Disturbance Observer" 전력전자학회 논문지 = The Transactions of the Korean Institute of Power Electronics, 8(4): 366~374
- 2004. "On-Line Feed-Forward Dead-Time Compensation Method" 전력전자학회 논문지 = The Transactions of the Korean Institute of Power Electronics, 9(3): 267~274
- Kim Hag-Wone ; Youn Myung-Joong ; Kim Hyun-Soo ; Cho Kwan-Youl 2005. "Observation and Compensation of Voltage Distortion of PWM VSI for PMSM using Adaptive Control Method" 전력전자학회 논문지 = The Transactions of the Korean Institute of Power Electronics, 10(1): 52~60
- 2009. "" Journal of power electronics : JPE, 9(3): 438~446
- NDSL :
- DBPia : 저널
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기