다중 Virtual Hosting Server의 QoS 향상 기법에 관한 연구
A Scheme to Improve QoS in a Multi-Virtual-Hosting Server
Virtual hosting is a typical service to connect each directory of site and domain name. If traffic amounts may increase at one site present in the server, then it affects traffic amounts of other sites as well (including the sites which have flew requests). To overcome this problem, we suggest a simple feedback-control concept for the system by periodically monitoring the traffic and properly actuating traffic dispersions by investigating the log file. Specifically, large files are to be served in a backup server (to reduce the workload of the main server) by changing their own URL's in html format. In other words, it automatically redistributes the workload by using the URL. Furthermore, we also use the redirecting method by just adding html tags to html header. This method efficiently handles the workload and maintains the capability of the server effectively to the varying workload.
- T. F. Abdelzaher, 'Performance guarantees for web server end-system: a control-theoretical approach,' Real-Time Technology and Applications Symposium, Proceedings. Fourth IEEE, pp. 121-130, 1998
- Linux Virtual Server Project http://www.linux-vs.org
- R. Cooley, 'Grouping web page references into transactions for mining world wide web browsing patterns,' IEEE Knowledge and Data Engineering Exchange Workshop. Proceedings, pp. 2-9, 1997
- Colajanni M, Yu P. S, and Dias D. M, 'Scheduling algorithms for distributed Web servers,' Proceedings of the 17th International Conference, pp. 169-176, 1999
- Tarek F. Abdelzher, 'Web server QoS management by adaptive content delivery,' Quality of Service IWQoS'99. Seventh International Workshop, pp. 216-225, 1999
- J. Hani, R. John, Kang G. Shin, 'QGuard : protecting internet service from overload,' Realtime Computing Laboratory, University of Michigan, 2000
- Ludmila Cherkasova, 'FLEX : Load balancing and management strategy for scalable web hosting service,' Computers and Communications,2000. Proceedings. ISCC 2000. Fifth IEEE Symposium, pp. 8-13, 2000
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기