Taxonomy of Asian Geranium L.(Geraniaceae) based on fruit and seed morphology
Compare to investigate the taxonomic utility of infragenera system and interspecific of Asian Geranium, we examined the fruit and seed morphology from 35 taxa. The fruit shape and seed's dispersal way did so that may divide subgenus or some part section to do could reason evolutionary trends. That is, at seed dispersal, the awns of section Geranium of subgenus Geranium, ramains attached at the top of rostrum, though fairy easily broken off, because seed increases awn's elasticity by diffusive way, it is long characteristic seed\`s dispersal distance, and subgenus Robertium observed that seed dispersal distance is short because it is no awn's elasticity by way that seed dispersal is gone as awn drops with rostrum. Also, section Geranium of subgenus Geranium and subgenus Robertium act role that awn keeps temporarily breed swerving with mericarp instead of bristle because section Tuberosa of subgenus Geranium is not bristled function that keep temporarily breed because mericarp bristled on base at seed dispersal do while. Therefore, is thought that is talon that when consider formation's development and function regarding this seed dispersal function, subgenus Geraniuum evolves more than subgenus Robertium. Seed morphology can divide by 2 subgenera(Geranium, Robertium) according to pattern of seed coat. and Seed's morphology characteristic(whole shape, color, form of seed apical and base, micropyle area, hilum area, chalaza, and position of seed hilum area), can distinguish some species, but is thought that is not reasonable as for discernment characteristic form and nature by repetition of characteristic form and nature. Especially, infrasection do in fruit and seed's morphology that is handling in this research that know to argue classification system and relationship by repetition of characteristic form and nature difficult. To all reliable truth, cytological, ecological, embryology, and molecular genetics research about talon is considered that should be achieved section Geranium that do not handle yet.
- Boissier, E., 1867, Flora Orientalis 2, Georg Basle, Berlin
- Edgeworth, A. L. S. and F. Hook, 1874, Geraniaceae, British and India, London, pp. 426-433
- Lawrence, G. H. M., 1951, Taxonomy of vascular plants, Oxford & McMillan Co., pp. 551
- Hutchison, J., 1909, The Families of flowing plants I, Dicotyledons, McMillan and Co. Ltd., London, pp.494-496
- Core, E. L., 1955, Plant taxonomy., Prentice Hall, INC., Virginia, pp.339-341
- Porter, L. C., 1959, Taxonomy of flowering plant, Prentice-Hall, INC., Sanfrancisco and London, pp.295-300
- Willis, J. C., 1973, A Dictionary of the flowering plants & fern, Cambridge Univ., Cambridge, pp.374-376
- Thomas， G. S., 1960, 'Geranium for ground cover' gardeners chronicle, London, pp.147, 480-481， 504, 508-509
- Forty, J., 1980, A Survey of hardy Geraniums in cultivation, The Plantsman, London, 2, 67-68
- Linnaeus, C. V., 1753, Species Plantarum. Tomus 1, Holmiae, Stockhom, pp.676-683
- Candolle, A. P. De., 1824, Geranium in De Candolle Prodromous, Paris, 24, 639-644
- Koch, A., 1837, Synopsis Flora Germany, Planta, Berlin. 1, 137
- Reiche, K., 1989, Geraniaceae in Pflanzenfamilien, Leipizig, Germany
- Knuth, R., 1912, Geraniaceae, Das Pflanzenreich, Leipizig, Berlin, pp.43-221
- Knuth, R., 1931, Geraniaceae, Das Pflanzemeich. Leipizig, Berlin, pp.43-55
- Bobrov, E. G., 1949, Geraniaceae, Flora of U.S.S.R. Moscow, 14, 3-49
- Yeo, P. F., 1985, Hardy Geranium, Timber Press. Portland, Oregon, pp.1-192
- Park, S. J., 1997, A taxonomy study on the genus Geranium L. in Asia, Ph. D. thesis, Korea University, Seoul(in Korean)
- Murley, M., 1944, Seed key of Geraniaceae, Iwoa Academy Science, pp.241-245
- Tokarski, M., 1972, Morphological and taxonomical analysis of fruits and seeds of the Europian and Caucasian species of the genus Geranium L., Monograpiae Botanicae, p.36
- Boewinkel， I. D. and W. Been, 1979, Development of ovule and testa of Geranium pratense L. and some other representative of the Geraniaceae, Acta Bot. Neerl., 28, 335-348
- Brison, J. D. and R. Peterson, 1976, A critical view of the use of scanning electron microscope in the study of the seed-coat, pp.121-135. New York Co.
- Comer, E. J. H., 1976, The Seed of cotyledons, Cambridge University Press
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기