DEVELOPMENT OF ARTIFICIAL NEURAL NETWORK MODELS SUPPORTING RESERVOIR OPERATION FOR THE CONTROL OF DOWNSTREAM WATER QUALITY
As the natural flows in rivers dramatically decrease during drought season in Korea, a deterioration of river water quality is accelerated. Thus, consideration of downstream water quality responding to changes in reservoir release is essential for an integrated watershed management with regards to water quantity and quality. In this study, water quality models based on artificial neural networks (ANNs) method were developed using historical downstream water quality (rm $\NH_3$ -N) data obtained from a water treatment plant in Geum river and reservoir release data from Daechung dam. A nonlinear multiple regression model was developed and compared with the ANN models. In the models, the rm NH $_3$ -N concentration for next time step is dependent on dam outflow, river water quality data such as pH, alkalinity, temperature, and rm $\NH_3$ -N of previous time step. The model parameters were estimated using monthly data from Jan. 1993 to Dec. 1998, then another set of monthly data between Jan. 1999 and Dec. 2000 were used for verification. The predictive performance of the models was evaluated by comparing the statistical characteristics of predicted data with those of observed data. According to the results, the ANN models showed a better performance than the regression model in the applied cases.
- Roman, H. and Sunilkumar, N. (1995). 'Multivariate modeling of water resources time series using artificial neural networks.' Hydrological Sci. J., 40(2), pp. 145-163
- Shamseldin, A.Y. (1997). 'Application of a neural network technique to rainfall-runoff modeling.' J. Hydro., Amsterdam, 199, pp. 272-294
- Zealand, C.M., Burn, D.H., and Simonovic, S.P. (1999). 'Short term streamflow forecasting using artificial neural networks.' J. Hydro., Amsterdam, 214, pp. 32-48
- Lisboa, P.G.J. (1992). Neural networks. Chapman & hall, London, pp. 5-6
- Karunanithi, N., Grenney, W.J., Whitley, D., and Bovee, K. (1994). 'Neural networks for river flow prediction.' J. Comp. in Civ. Engrg., ASCE, 8(2), pp. 201-220
- Kim, J.H., Kang, K.W., and Park, C.Y. (1992). 'Nonlinear forecasting of streamflows by pattern recognition method.' Korean J. of Hydroscience, Korean Ed., Vol. 25, No. 3, pp. 105-113
- Kim, J.H. (1993). A study on hydrological forecasting of streamflows by using artificial neural network. Ph. D. Dissertation, Dept. of Civil Engrg., Inha Univ., Korea
- Hsu, K.L., Gupta, H.V., and Sorooshian, S. (1995). 'Artificial neural network modeling of the rainfall-runoff process.' Water Resources Research, 31(10), pp. 2517-2530
- French, M.N. Krajewski, W.F., and Cuykendall, R.R. (1992). 'Rainfall forecasting in space and time using a neural network.' J. of Hydrology, 137, pp. 1-31
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (1)
- Chug, Se-Woong 2003. "Development of Multiple Regression Models for the Prediction of Daily Ammonia Nitrogen Concentrations" 韓國水資源學會論文集 = Journal of Korea Water Resources Association, 36(6): 1047~1058
- NDSL :
- 원문이 없습니다.
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기