Dynamic Headspace Analysis of Volatile Constituents of Swiss Cheese Whey Protein Concentrate
Volatile flavor compounds in the headspace of swiss cheese whey protein concentrate (WPC) were analyzed by dynamic headspace analyzer, gas chromatography, and mass spectrometer. Sixty one compounds were detected from the headspace of dry WPC and 23 compounds from the headspace of an aqueous solution of WPC. The major components were propanol, hexanal, 2-butanone, 2-pentanone, 2,3-butanedion, 2-propanol, acetic acid, dimethyl disulfide and benzothiazole. An external dynamic headspace sampler, devised for this study, effectively collected volatiles from the headspace of dry WPC and aqueous WPC solutions.
- Watanabe K, Sato Y. 1971. Gas chromatographic and mass spectral analysis of heated flavor compounds of beef fats. Agr Bilo Chem 35: 756-763
- Selke E, Rohwedder WK, Dutton HJ. 1975. Volatile components from tristearin heated in air. J Am Oil Chem Soc 232-235.
- Vejaphan W, Hsieh TCY, Williams SS 1988. Volatile flavor components from boiled crayfish (Procambarus clarkii) tail meat. J Food Sci 53: 1666-1670.
- Sable S, Cottenceau G.1999. Current knowledge of soft cheese flavor and related compounds. J Agric Food Chem 47: 4825-4836.
- Kamath SR, Morr CV. 1997. Recovery and composition of Swiss cheese whey lipid-containing fraction. J Agric Food Chem 45: 4271-4274.
- Lee YB, Ha EYW, Morr CV, Min DB. 1992. The changes and identification of volatile compounds of Cheddar and Swiss cheeses during ripening. 52nd Annual meeting of IFT. New Orleans, LA. June, 1992.
- Flath RA, Sugisawa H, Teranishi R. 1982. Problems in flavor research. In Flavor research: Recent advances. Teranishi R, Flath RA, Sugisawa H, eds. Marcel Dekker, Inc., New York.
- Matiella JE, Hsieh TCY. 1990. Analysis of crabmeat volatile compounds. J Food Sci 55: 962-966.
- Damodaran S, Kinsella JE. 1980. Flavor protein interactions. Binding of carbonyls to bovine serum albumin: thermodynamic and conformational effects. J Agric Food Chem 28: 567-571.
- Williams SS, Hsieh TCY, Vejaphan W. 1988. An off-line method for water removal in high moisthre food samples to improve dynamic headspace analysis. Proc. 39th Pittsburgh Conf. and Expo. on Anal. Chem. and Appl. Spectro., New Orleans, LA.
- Hill LM, Hammond EG, Carlin AF, Seals RG. 1969. Oranoleptic evaluation of the effectiveness of antioxidants in milk fat. J Dairy Sci 52: 1917-1921
- Hammond EG. 1989. The flavor of dairy products. In Flavor chemistry of lipid foods. Min DB, Smouse TH, eds. American Oil Chemist's Society, Champaign, IL. p 222-236
- Morr CV, Ha EYW. 1991. Off-flavors of whey protein concentrates: a literature review. Int Dairy J 1: 1-11
- Hugunin AG. 1987. Applications of U.F. Whey protein: Developing dew markets. In Bulletin 212, Trends in whey utilization. Int Dairy Fed Brussels, p 135-144
- Ferretti A, Flanagan VP. 1971. Volatile constituents of whey powder subjected to accelerated browning. J Dairy Sci 54: 1764-1768
- Ferretti A, Flanagan VP. 1971. Non-enzymatic browning in edible spray-dried whey. Identification of some volatile components. J Dairy Sci 54: 1769-1771
- Ferretti A, Flanagan VP. 1972. Steam volatile constituents of stale nonfat dry milk. The role of the Maillard reaction in staling. J Agric Food Chem 20: 695-698
- Mills OE, Solms J. 1984. Interaction of selected flavor compounds with whey proteins. J Lebensm Wiss u -Technol 17: 331-334
- Mills OE. 1986. A headspace sampling method for monitoring flavor volatiles of protein products. NZJ Dairy Sci Technol 21: 49-56
- Benkler KF, Reineccius GA. 1980. Flavor isolating from fatty foods via solvent extraction and membrane dialysis. J Food Sci 45: 1084-1085
- Badings HT, de JC. 1983. Headspace analysis for the study of aroma compounds in drinking juices. In Analysis of volatiles: Methods and Applications. Walter de Gruyter, New York
- Heath HB, Reineccius G. 1986. Flavor chemistry and technology. AVI, Westport, CT
- Tanchotikul U, Hsieh CY. 1989. Volatile flavor components in crayfish waste. J Food Sci 54: 1515-1520
- Teranishi R. 1989. Development of methodology for flavor chemistry past, present and future. In Flavor Chemistry of lipid foods. Min DB, Smouse TH, eds. American Oil Chemist's Society, Champaign, IL. p 13-25
- Perkins EG. 1989. Gas chromatography and gas chromatography-mass spectrometry of odor/flavor components in lipid foods. In Flavor chemistry of lipid foods. Min DB, Smouse TH, eds. American Oil Chemist's Society, Champaign, IL. p 35-56
- Reineccius GA. 1989. Isolation of food flavors. In Flavor Chemistry of lipid foods. Min DB, Smouse TH, eds. AOCS Champaign, Illinois. p 26-34
- Vandeweghe P, Reinesscius GA. 1990. Comparison of flavor isolation techniques applied to Cheddar cheese. J Agric Food Chem 38: 1549-1552
- Manning DJ, Moore C. 1979. Headspace analysis of hard cheeses. J Dairy Res 46: 539-545
- Wellnitz-Ruen W, Reineccius GA, Thomas EL. 1982. Analysis of the fruity off-flavor in milk using headspace concentration capillary column gas chromatography. J Agric Food Chem 30: 512-514
- Price J, Manning DJ. 1983. A new technique for the headspace analysis of hard cheese. J Dairy Res 50: 381-385
- Lin JCC, Jeon IJ. 1985. Headspace gas sampling/GC method for the quantitative analysis of volatile compounds in cheese. J Food Sci 50: 834-844, 846
- Dunn HC, Lindsay RC. 1985. Comparison of methods for the analysis of higher boiling flavor compounds in Cheddar cheese. J Dairy Sci 68: 2853-2858
- Ha EYW, Morr CV, Seo A. 1992. Isoflavone aglucones and volatile organic compounds in soybeans: Effects of soaking treatments. J Food Sci 57: 414-417, 436
- Garcia EF. 1996. Use of headspace sampling in the quantitative analysis of artical Spanish cheese aroma. J Agric Food Chem 44: 1833-1839
- Dupuy HP, Rayner ET, Wadswoth JI, Legendre MG. 1973. Analysis of vegetable oils for flavor quality by direct gas chromatography. J Am Oil Chem Soc 50: 340-342
- Westendorf RG. 1985. Automated analysis of volatile flavor compounds. In Characterization and measurement of flavor compounds. Bills DD, Mussinan CJ, eds. Amer Chem Soc, Washington DC. p 138-153
- Ferretti A, Flanagan VP, Ruth JM. Nonenzymatic browning in a lactose-casein model system. J Agric Food Chem 18: 13-18
- Mongenot N, Charrier S, Chalier P. 2000. Effect of ultrasound emulsification on cheese aroma encapsulation by carbohydrate. J Agric Food Chem 48: 861-867
- MacLeod G, Ames JM. 1986. Comparative assessment of the artefact background on thermal desorption of Tenax GC and Tenax TA. J Chromatogr 355: 393-398
- Narain N, Hsieh TC-Y, Johnson CS. 1990. Dynamic headspace concentration and gas chromatography of volatile flavor components in peach. J Food Sci 55: 1303-1307
- Sensel KA, Griffiths JE. 1990. The use of summa canisters for air sampling on an automatic thermal desorber. Presented at the 41st Pittsburgh Conference, New York
- Van den Dool H, Kratz P. 1963. A generalization of the retention index system including linear temperature programmed gas-liquid partition chromatography. J ChromⅡ 463-471
- Franzen KL, Kinsella JE. 1974. Parameters affecting the blinding of volatile flavor compounds in model food systems. I. Proteins. J Agric Food Chem 22: 675-678.
- Endress JG, Bhalerao VR, Kummerow FA. 1962. Thermal oxidation of synthetic triglycerides. Analysis of the volatile condensable and noncondensable phases. J Am Oil Chem Soc 39: 159-162.
- Ramanathan VT, Sakuragi T, Kummerow FA. 1959. Thermal oxidation of methyl esters of fatty acids. J Am Oil Chem. Soc 36: 244-248.
- Habu T, Flath RA, Mon TR, Morton JF. 1985. Volatile components of rooibos tea (Aspalathus linearis). J Agric Food Chem 33: 249-254.
- Buttery RG, Ling LC, Chan BG. 1978. Volatiles of cornkernels and husks: possible corn ear worm attractions. J Agric Food Chem 26: 866-873.
- Crain WO.Jr., Tang CS. 1975. A research note. Volatile components of roasted macadamia nuts. J Food Sci 40: 207-208.
- MacLeod AJ, Cave SJ. 1975. Volatile flavor components of eggs. J Agric Food Chem 26: 351-360.
- Umano K, Hagi Y, Shoji A, Shibamoto T. 1990. Volatile compounds formed from cooked whole egg, egg yolk and egg white. J Agric Food Chem 38: 461-464.
- Heyns K, Stute R, Paulsen H. 1966. Browning reaction and fragmentation of carbohydrates. 1. Volatile products from thermal degradation of D-glucose. Carbohydr Res 2: 132-149.
- Umano K, Shibamoto T. 1978. Analysis of headspace volatiles from overheated beef fat. J Agric Food Chem 35: 14-18.
- NDSL :
- 한국식품영양과학회 : 저널
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기