Vehicle Tests of a Longitudinal Control Law for Application to Stop-and-Go Cruise Control
This paper presents the implementation and vehicle tests of a vehicle longitudinal control scheme for Stop and Go cruise control. The control scheme consists of a vehicle-to-vehicle distance control algorithm and throttle/brake control algorithm for acceleration tracking. The desired acceleration of a vehicle for vehicle-to-vehicle distance control has been designed using Linear Quadratic optimal control theory. Performance of the control algorithm has been investigated via vehicle tests. A millimeter wave radar sensor has been used for distance measurement. A stepper motor and an electronic vacuum booster have been used for throttle/brake actuators, respectively. It has been shown that the proposed control algorithm can provide satisfactory performance.
- Yi, K., Lee, S. and Kwon, Y. D., 2001, 'An Investigation of Intelligent Cruise Control Laws for Passenger Vehicles,' Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part D, 2001, Vol. 215, No. D2, pp. 159-169
- Yi, K., Shin, B. and Lee, K. I., June 2000, 'Estimation of Turbine Torque of Automatic Transmissions Using Nonlinear Observers,' ASME Trans. J. of Dynamic System, Measurement, and Control, Vol. 122, No. 2, pp. 276-283
- Yi, K. Lee, S. and Lee, J., 2000, 'Modeling and Control of an Electronic-Vacuum Booster for Vehicle-to-Vehicle Distance Control,' Proceedings of AVEC 2000, 5th International Symposium on Advanced Vehicle Control, 2000, pp. 7-14
- Yi, K., Woo, M., Kim, S. and Lee, S., 1999, 'A Study on a Road-Adaptive CW/CA Algorithm for Automobiles Using HiL Simulations,' JSME International Journal, Series C, Vol. 42, No. 1. pp. 163-170
- Rajamani, R., Choi, S. B., Hedrik, J. K. and Law, B., 1998, 'Design and Experimental Implementation of Control for a Platoon of Automated Vehicles,' Proc. of the ASME Dynamic Systems and Control Division, ASME, pp. 681-689
- Shladover, S. E., 1978, 'Longitudinal Control of Automotive Vehicles in Close-Vehicle Formation Platoons,' JDSMC 100, pp. 302-310
- Venhovens, P., Naab, K. and Adiprasito, 2000, 'Stop and Go Cruise Control,' Seoul 2000 FISITA World Automotive Congress, Seoul, Korea
- Winner, H., Witte, S., Uhler, W. and Litchtenberg, B., 1996, 'Adaptive Cruise Control System Aspects and Development Trends,' SAE paper No. 961010
- Ioannou, P., Xu, Z., Eckert, S., Clemons, D. and Sieja, T., 1993, 'Intelligent Cruise Control : Theory and Experiment,' Proceedings of the 32nd Conference on Decision and Control, volume 2, San Antonio, Texas, pp. 1885-1890
- Muller, R. and Nocker, G., 1992, 'Intelligent Cruise Control with Fuzzy Logic,' In Intelligent Vehicles '92 Symposium, Detroit, IEEE Industrial Electronics Society, pp. 173-178
- Hedrick, J. K., 1993, 'Longitudinal Control and Platooning,' In TOPTEC : Collision Avoidance Systems for Intelligent Vehicles, Washington, D. C., SAE
- Hoess, A., Hosp, W., Doerfler, R. and Rauner, H., 1996, 'Longitudinal Autonomous Vehicle Control Utilizing Access to Electronic Throttle Control, Automatic Transmission and Brakes,' SAE paper No. 961009
- Germann, St. and Isermann, R., June 1995, 'Nonlinear Distance and Cruise Control for Passenger Cars,' Proceedings of the 1995 American Control Conference, Seattle, Washington, pp. 3081-3085
- Hedrick, J. K., McMahon, D., Narendra, V. and Swaroop, D., 1991, 'Longitudinal Vehicle Controller Design for IVHS Systems,' Preceedings of the 1991 American Control Conference, Boston, Massachusetts, pp. 3107-3112
- Choi, S. and Devlin, P., 1995, 'Throttle and Brake Combined Control for Intelligent Vehicle Highway Systems,' SAE paper No. 951897
- Fenton, R. E. and Bender, J. G., 1969, 'A Study of Automatic Car Following,' IEEE Trans. On Vehicle Tech. VT-18(3)
- Fujioka, T., Aso, M. and Baba, J., 1995, 'Comparison of Sliding and PID Control for Longitudinal Automated Platooning,' Systems and Issues in ITS, pp. 61-67
- Chien, C. C., Ioannou, P. and Lai, M. C., 1994, 'Entrainment and Vehicle Following Controllers Disign for Autonomous Intelligent Vehicles,' Proceedings of the 1994 American Control Conference, Baltimore, Marylang, pp. 6-10
- Cho, D. and Hedrick, J. K., 1989, 'Automotive Powertrain Modeling for Control,' ASME Transactions on Dynamic System, Measurements and Control, Vol. 111
- Chang, A. T. S., 1994, 'ADVANCE-F's Car Following Policy on Vehicle Cruise and Automatic Speed Control,' Intelligent Vehicles '94 Symposium, Paris, IEEE Industrial Electronics Society, pp. 498-503
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (2)
- 2004. "" International Journal of Control, Automation and Systems, 2(3): 310~318
- 2005. "" International Journal of Control, Automation and Systems, 3(2): 173~182
저자의 다른 논문
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기