Analysis of Static and Dynamic Frictional Contact of Deformable Bodies Including Large Rotations of the Contact Surfaces
The numerical techniques are presented to solve the static and dynamic contact problems of deformable bodies having large rotations of the contact surfaces. The contact conditions on the possible contact surfaces are enforced by using the contact error vector, and an iterative scheme similar to augmented Lagrange multiplier method is employed to reduce the contact error vector monotonically. For dynamic contact problems using implicit time integration, a contact error vector is also defined by combining the displacement, velocity, and acceleration on the contact surface. The suggested iterative technique is implemented to ABAQUS by using the UEL subroutine UEL. In this work, after the computing procedures to solve the frictional contact problems are explained, the numerical examples are presented to compare the present solutions with those obtained by ABAQUS.
- Vu-Quoc, L. and Olsson, M., 1989, 'A Com-putational Procedure for Iinteraction of High-Speed Vehicles on Flexible Structures Without Assuming Known Vehicle Nominal Motion,' Comput. Meth. Appl. Mech. Engng., Vol. 76, pp. 207-244
Wriggers, P., Krstulovic-Opara, L. and Korelc, J., 2001, 'Smooth
$C^1$-Interpolations for Two-Dimensional Frictional Contact Problems,' Int. J. Numer. Method Engng., Vol. 51, pp. 1469-1495
- Petzold, L., 1982, 'Differential Algebraic Equations Are Not ODEs,' SIAM. J. Sci. Stat. Corn-put., Vol. 3, pp. 367-384
- Taylor, R. L. and Papadopoulos, P., 1993, 'On a Finite Element Method for Dynamic Contact/ Impact problems,' Int. J. Numer. Method Engng., Vol. 36, pp. 2123-2140
- Timoshenko, S. P. and Goodier, J. N., 1970, Theory of Elasticity, McGraw-Hill, New York
- Lee, K., 2002, 'Numerical Analysis of Dynamic Contact with Combined Constraint of Displacement, Velocity and Acceleration on the Contact Surface,' Proc. Instn. Mech. Engrs, Part C, Journal of Mechanical Engineering Science, Vol. 216, pp. 377-382
- Lee, K., 1994, 'A Numerical Solution for Dynamic Contact Problems Satisfying the Velocity and Acceleration Compatibilities on the Contact Surface,' Computational Mechanics, Vol. 15, pp. 189-200
- Lee, K., 1997, 'A Numerical Method for Dynamic Analysis of Vehicles Moving on Flexible Structures Having Gaps,' Int. J. Numer. Method Engng., Vol. 40, pp. 511-531
- Heegaard, J. H. and Curnier, A., 1993, 'An Augmented Lagrangian Method for Discrete Large-Slip Contact Problems.,' Int. J. Numer. Method Engng., Vol. 36, pp. 569-593
- Hughes, T. J. R., Taylor, R. L., Sackman, J. L., Curnier, A., and Kanoknukulchai, W., 1976, 'A Finite Element Method for a Class of Contact-Impact Problem,' Comput. Method Appl. Mech. Engng., Vol. 8, pp. 249-276
- Laursen, T. A. and Simo, J. C, 1993, 'A Con-tinuum-Based Finite Element Formulation for the Implicit Solution of Multibody Large Deformation Frictional Contact Problems,' Int. J. Numer. Method Engng., Vol. 36, pp. 3451-3485
- Lee, K., 1989, 'An Efficient Solution Method for Frictional Contact Problems,' Comput. Struct., Vol. 32, pp. 1-11
- ABAQUS Manual, Hibbit, Karlsson & Sorensen, Inc., Version 6.2, 2001
- Bathe, K. J. and Chaudhary, A. B., 1986, 'A Solution Method for Static and Dynamic Analysis of Three-Dimensional Contact Problems with Friction,' Comput. Struct. Vol. 24, pp. 855-873
- Crisfield, M. A., 1997, Non-linear Finite Element Analysis of Solids and Structures, Vol. 2, John Wiley and Sons, Chichester
- El-Abbasi, N., Meguid, S. A. and Czekanski, A., 2001, 'On the Modeling of Smooth Contact Surfaces Using Cubic Splines,' Int. J. Numer. Method Engng., Vol. 50, pp. 953-967
- Ghosh, S., 1992, 'Arbitrary Lagrangian-Eulerian Finite Element Analysis of Large Deformation in Contacting Bodies,' Int. J. Numer. Method Engng., Vol. 33, pp. 1891-1925
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기