An Experimental Study on Dryout Pattern of Two-Phase Flow in Helically Coiled Tubes
Experimental results are presented for the effects of coil diameter, system pressure and mass flux on dryout pattern of two-phase flow in helically coiled tubes. Two tubes with coil diameters of 215 and 485 mm are used in the present study, Inlet system pressures range from 0.3 to 0.7 MPa, mass flux from 300 to 500 kg/㎡s, and heat flux from 36 to 80 kw/㎡. A partial dryout region exists because of the geometrical characteristics of the helically coiled tube. The length of the partial dryout region increases with coil diameter and system pressure. On the other hand, it decreases with increasing mass flux. The critical quality at the tube top side increases with mass flux, but decreases with increasing system pressure. This tendency is more notable when the coil diameter is larger. When the centrifugal force effect becomes stronger, dryout starts at the top and bottom sides of the tube. However, when the gravity effect becomes stronger, dryout is delayed at the tube bottom side. In some cases when the mass flux is low, dryout occurs earlier at the outer side than at the inner side of the tube because of film inversion.
- Kaji, M., Mori, K., Nakanishi, S., Hirabayashi, K. and Ohishi, M., 1995, 'Dryout and Wall-Temperature Fluctuations in Helically Coiled Evaporating Tubes,' Heat Transfer-Japanese Research, Vol. 24, pp. 239-254
- Styrikovich, M.A., Polonsky, V.S. and Reshetov, V.V., 1984, 'Experimental Investigation of the Critical Heat Flux and Post-Dryout Temperature Regime of Helical Coils,' Int. J. Heat Transfer, Vol. 27, pp. 1245-1250
- Collier, J.G. and Thome, J.R., 1994, Convective Boiling and Condensation 3rd Edition, Oxford science publications
- Guo, L., Chen, X., Xu, C. and Lai, K., 1998, 'Forced Convection Boiling Heat Transfer and Dryout Characteristics in Helical Coiled Tubes with Various Axial Angles,' Proc. 11th IHTC, Vol. 2, pp. 261-266
- Jensen, M.K. and Bergles, A.E., 1981, 'Critical Heat Flux in Helically Coiled Tubes,' J. Heat Transfer, Vol. 103, pp. 660-666
- Chen, T.K., Bi, Q.C. and Chen, X.J., 1993, 'Critical Heat Flux and Post CHF Heat Transfer of Steam Water Two Phase Flow in Helical Coil Tubes,' Experimental Heat Transfer, Fluid Mechanics and Thermodynamics, pp. 1283-1290
- Berthoud, G. and Jayanti, S., 1990, 'Characterization of Dryout in Helical Coils,' Int. J. Heat Mass Transfer, Vol. 33, pp. 1451-1463
- Banerjee, S., Rhodes E. and Scott D.S., 1967, 'Film Inversion of Cocurrent Two-Phase Flow in Helical Coils,' AIChE Journal, Vol. 13, pp. 189-191
저자의 다른 논문
- 2003 "평판에 분사된 분무충돌제트의 냉각특성에 대한 실험적 연구" 大韓機械學會論文集. Transactions of the Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers. B. B 27 (4): 511~517
- 2004 "교류방식 유속 측정법 개발" 大韓機械學會論文集. Transactions of the Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers. B. B 28 (2): 230~237
- 2005 "Local Flow Speed Measurement Using Tunable AC Thermal Anemometry" Journal of mechanical science and technology 19 (7): 1449~1459
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기