연안복합지형에서 바람폭풍의 진화
Evolution of Wind Storm over Coastal Complex Terrain
As prevailing synoptic scale westerly wind blowing over high steep Mt. Taegulyang in the west of Kangnung coastal city toward the Sea of Japan became downslope wind and easterly upslope wind combined with both valley wind and sea breeze(valley-sea breeze) also blew from the sea toward the top of the mountain, two different kinds of wind regimes confronted each other in the mid of eastern slope of the mountain and further downward motion of downlsope wind along the eastern slope of the mountain should be prohibited by the upslope wind. Then, the upslope wind away from the eastern slope of the mountain went up to 1700m height over the ground, becoming an easterly return flow in the upper level of the sea. Two kinds of circulations were detected with a small one in the coastal sea and a large one from the coast toward the open sea. Convective boundary layer was developed with a thickness of about 1km over the ground in the upwind side of the mountain in the west, while a thickness of thermal internal boundary layer(TIBL) form the coast along the eastern slope of the mountain was only confined to less than 200m. After sunset, under no prohibition of upslope wind, westerly downslope wind blew from the top of the mountain toward the coastal basin and the downslope wind should be intensified by both mountain wind and land breeze(mountain-land breeze) induced by nighttime radiative cooling of the ground surfaces, resulting in the formation of downslope wind storm. The wind storm caused the development of internal gravity waves with hydraulic jump motion bounding up toward the upper level of the sea in the coastal plain and relatively moderate wind on the sea.
- Choi, H., 1996. Numerical modelling for air flows in the eastern mountainous coastal seas of Korea, La Mer., 34, 133-148.
- Choi, H. and J. Kim, 1997, Three-dimensional numerical prediction on the evolution of nocturnal thermal high (tropical night) in a basin, Korean J. Geophy, Res., 25(1), 57-81.
- Deardoff, J. W., 1978, Efficient prediction of ground surface temperature and moisture with inclusion of a layer of vegetation. Geophys, Res., 38, 659-661.
- Takahashi, S., 1997, Manual of LAS model reviced by Dr. J. Sato, 50pp.
- Orlanski, I., 1976, A simple boundary condition for unbounded hyperbolic flows, J. Comp. Phys., 21, 251-269.
- Kimura, F. and S. Takahashi, 1991, The effects of land-use and anthropogenic heating on the surface temperature in the Tokyo metropolitan area: numerical experiment, Atmos. Envir., 25, 155-164.
- Businger, J. A, 1973, Turbulence transfer in the atmospheric surface layer, In Workshop on Micrometeorology(D. A. Haugen, ed), Amer. Meteor. Soc., 67-100.
- Yamada, T., 1983, Simulation of nocturnal drainage flows by a q2-l turbulence closure model, J. Atmos. Sci., 40, 91-106.
- Bluestein, H. B., 1993, Synoptic-dynamic meteorology in midlatitudes, Oxford Univ., 594pp.
- Segal, M., C. H. Yu, R. W. Arritt, and R. A. Pielke, 1988, On the impact of valley/ridge thermally induced circulations on regional pollutant transport, Atmos. Environ., 22, 471-486.
- Katayama, A., 1972, A simplified scheme for computing radiative transfer in the troposphere, Technical report No. 6, Dept. of Meteorol., U.C.L.A., 77pp.
- Monin, A. S., 1970, The atmospheric boundary layer. Annual Review of Fluid Mechanics, 2, 225-250.
- Raynor, G. S., S. SethuRaman, and R. M. Brown, 1979, Formation and characteristics of coastal internal boundary layer during onshore flows, Boundary Layer Meteor., 16, 4587-4604.
- Klemp, J. B. and D. R. Durran, 1983, An upper condition permitting internal gravity wave radiation in numerical mesoscale models, Mon. Wea. Rev., 111, 430-440.
- Yamada, T. and G. L. Mellor, 1983, A numerical simulation of the BOMEX data using a turbulence closure model coupled with ensemble cloud relations, Q. J. R. Meteor. Soc., 105, 925-944.
- Holton, J. R., 1992, Introduction to dynamic meteorology, Academic Press., 1-510.
- Arya, S.P.S., 1988, Introduction to micrometeorology, Academic Press, 1-307pp.
- Pielke, R. A., 1984, Mesoscale meteorological modeling, Academic Press, 612pp.
- Kimura, F. and S. Arakawa, 1983, A numerical experiment of the nocturnal low level jet over the Kanto plain, J. Meteor. Soc. Japan, 61, 848-861.
- Palmer, T. N., G. J. Smith, and R Swinbank, 1986, Alleviation of a systematic westerly bias in general circulation and NWP models through and orographic gravity wave drag parameterization, Q. J. R Meteor. Soc., 112, 1001-1039.
- Whiteman, C. D. 1990, Observations of thermally developed wind system in mountainous terrain. Atmospheric Processes over complex terrain, Meteor, Monogr., No. 40, Amer. Meteor. Soc., 5-42.
저자의 다른 논문
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기