UNCERTAINTY IN DAM BREACH FLOOD ROUTING RESULTS FOR DAM SAFETY RISK ASSESSMENT
Uncertainty in dam breach flood routing results was analyzed in order to provide the basis fer the investigation of their effects on the flood damage assessments and dam safety risk assessments. The Monte Carlo simulation based on Latin Hypercube Sampling technique was used to generate random values for two uncertain input parameters (i.e., dam breach parameters and Manning's n roughness coefficients) of a dam breach flood routing analysis model. The flood routing results without considering the uncertainty in two input parameters were compared with those with considering the uncertainty. This paper showed that dam breach flood routing results heavily depend on the two uncertain input parameters. This study indicated that the flood damage assessments in the downstream areas can be critical if uncertainty in dam breach flood routing results are considered in a reasonable manner.
- Morgan, M.G. and M. Henrion (1990). Uncertainty: A guide to dealing with uncertainty in quantitative risk and policy analysis, Cambridge university press, NY
- Moore, D.S. and G.P. McCabe (1993). Introduction to the practice of statistics, W.H. Freeman and Company, 40-46 p.
- National Weather Service (1998). National Weather Service FLDWAV MODEL, Version 1.0. Hydrologic research laboratory, Office of hydrology, National Weather Service(NWS), NOAA
- Palisade Corporation (1996). Guide to using @Risk. Risk analysis and simulation add-in for Microsoft Excel or Lotus 1-2-3. Palisade Corporation, Newfield, NY. 307 p.
- RAC Engineers & Economists and U.S. Army Corps of engineers (1999). Alamo Dam Demonstration Risk Assessment: Summary Report, Draft report, Los Angeles District.
- Stein, M. (1987). 'Large sample properties of simulations using Latin Hypercube Sampling.' Technometrics, 29(2):143-151
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineer (1986). General report flood emergency plan for Alamo Dam, Los Angeles District, 20 p.
- U.S. Department of the Interior Bureau of Reclamation (1989). Policies and procedures for dam safety modification decisionmaking, 269 p.
- Vick, S. and R. Stewart (1996). Risk analysis in dam saftey practice, Uncertainty in the geologic environment: From theory to practice, Geotechnical Special Publication, ASCE. No. 58. 586-603 p.
- Von Thun, J. Lawrence and D.R. Gillette (1990). Guidance on breach parameters, Unpublished manuscript, March 13. 15 p.
- Wahl, T.L. (1998). Prediction of embankment dam breach parameters: A literature review and needs assessment, U.S. Bureau of Reclamation publication, DSO-98-004, 59 p.
- Karl M. Dise (1998). 'Risk analysis of a seepage/piping dam safety issue, Managint the risks of dam porject development, safety and opreation.' Eighteenth annual USCOLD lecture series, Buffalo,New York, August 10-14
- Kung, C.S. and Yang, X.L. (1993). 'Dam-break flood simualtion and river parameter uncertainty.' Royal Institute of technology, Stockholm, Sweden
- Loh, W. L. (1987). 'On Latin Hypercube Sampling.' Annals of Statistics, 24(5):2058-2080
- Lee J.S. (2002). Uncertainty analysis in dam safety risk analysis, Ph.D. Dissertation, Utah State University, Logan, UT.
- Iman, R.L. and M.J. Shortencarier (1984). 'AFORTRAN 77 progrm and user's guide for the generation of Latin Hypercube and random samples for use with computer models.' Sandia National Laboratories, NUREG/CR-3624, SAND 83-2365. 50 p
- Jarret, R.D. (1984). 'Hydraulics of high gradient streams.' Journal of hydraulic engineering, vol. 10, No. 11. 1519-1539 p
- Fread, D.L. (1981). 'Some limitations of dam berak flood routing models.' ASCE Fall Convention, St. Louis, MO. 15 p
- Fread, D.L. (1984). 'DAMBRK: The NWS Dam-Break Flood Forecastion Moel.' National Weather Service(NWS), Maryland.
- Froehlich, D.C. (1995). 'Embankment dam breach parameters revisited.' 1995 ASCE Conference on Water Resources Engineering, San Antonio, TX.
- Hoeg, K. (1996). 'Performance evaluation, safety assessment and risk analysis for dams.' Hydropowr and Dams, Issue 6, 51-58 p
- Iman, R.L. and W.J. Conover (1980). 'Small sample sensitivity analysis techniques for computer models with an application to risk assessment.' Communications in Statistics, A9(17): 1749-1842
- Iman, R.L. and W.J. Conover (1982). 'Senstivity-analysis techniques: Self-teaching curriculum.' Sandia National Laboratories, NUREG/CR-2350, SAND 81-1978. 146 p
- Bohn, M.P., T.A. Whleer, and G.W. Parry (1988). 'Approaches to uncertainty analysis in probabilistic risk assessment.' NUREG/CR-4836, SAND 87-0871
- Bowles, D.S (2000). 'Advances in the practice and use of portfolio risk assessment.' Proceedings of the 2000 Australian Committee on Large Dams (ANCOLD) Annual Meeting, Cairns, Queensland, Australia
- Federal energy regulatory Commission. (1991). 'Engineering guidelines for evaluation of hydropower projects.' Federal Energy regulatory Commission, Office of Hydropower Licensing, Washington, D.C. 378 p
- NDSL :
- 원문이 없습니다.
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 이용한 콘텐츠
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기