국민건강면접조사를 이용한 한국인의 DALE (Disability-Adjusted Life Expectancy)에 관한 연구
Study of Disability-Adjusted Life Expectancy(DALE) Using National Health Interview Survey in Korea
Objectives : To measure DALE (Disability-Adjusted Life Expectancy) in Korea to find out how long Koreans live in a state of full heath. Methods : DALE was calculated using the life table of 1999 and the disability prevalence from the National Health Interview Survey (NHIS), which was conducted with a sample of 13,523 households in 1998. The disability prevalence was measured using the annual prevalence of the long-term limitation of activities, which were divided into classes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 according to the severity of the limitation. The disability weights were measured for each 6 class by conducting a survey of 16 healthcare professionals. The severity-adjusted disability prevalence was calculated by multiplying the disability prevalence of each class by the disability weights respectively. Healthy life years lost due to disability was calculated by multiplying the life expectancy by the severity-adjusted disability prevalence. Finally DALE was measured as the life expectancy minus healthy life years lost due to disability. Results : DALE for 1999, which refers to the expectation of equivalent years of good health, were 72.5, 69.5 and 75.3 years, for total, for males and for females, respectively. The percentages for DALE out of the life expectancy were 95.8, 96.6 and 94.4% for total, for males and for females, respectively. Conclusions : DALE is a newly developed indicator, which could effectively show the healthy life expectancy of populations. A greater notice and use of DALE would be expected as life expectancies increase and the quality of life changes in Korea.
- Barendregt JJ, Bonneux L, van der Maas, Pl. Health expectancy: from a population health indicator to a tool for policy making. J Aging & Health 1998; 10: 242-258
- 보건복지부. 1998년도 국민건강?영양 조사: 건강면접조사. 1999
- Stouthard MEA. Disability weights for diseases: A modified protocol and results for a Western European region. Euro J Public Health 2000; 10: 24-30
- Nord E. The PTO approach to valuing health care programs. Med Decis Making 1995; 15:201-208
- Van de Water HP, Perenboom RJ, Boshuizen HC. Policy relevance of the health expectancy indicator: an inventory of European Union countries. Health Policy 1996; 36: 117-129
- 이상호. 건강수명지표산출을통해본 서울시민의 삶의 질수준 보건복지포럼 1999; 6: 76-85
- Yoon BJ. A study on Korean health status assessment by health expectancy concept. Seoul National University PhD. thesis. 1995. (Korean)
- Mathers C, Vos T, Stevenson C. The burden of disease and injury in Australia. Australian Institute of Health and Welfare, Canberra: AIHW; 1999
- Mathers C, Sadana R, Salomon J, Murray CJL, Lopez AD. Estimates of DALE for 191 countries: methods and results: GPE discussion Paper No 16. Geneva: WHO; 2000
- Murray ClL, Lopez AD. Regional patterns of disability-free life expectancy and disability-adjusted life expectancy: global burden of disease Study. Lancet 1997; 349: 1347-1352
- Murray CJL, Tandon A, Salomon J. Mathers C. Enhancing cross-population comparability of survey results: GPE discussion Paper No 35. Geneva: WHO; 2000
- Erickson P. Evaluation of a populationbased measure of quality of life: the Health and Activity Limitation Index (HALex). Qual Life Res 1998; 7(2): 101-114
- Murray CJL, Lopez AD. The Global Burden of Disease: A comprehensive assessment of mortality and disability from diseases, injuries, and risk factors in 1990 and projected to 2020, 1996
- Bone MR. International efforts to measure health expectancy. J Epidemiol Community Health 1992; 46: 555-558
- WHO. World Health Report 2000. Geneva: WHO; 2000
- Lopez AD, Salomon J. Ahmad O, Murray CJL. Life tables for 191 countries: data, methods and results: GPE discussion Paper No 9. Geneva: WHO; 2000
- Field Ml, Gold GM, eds. Summarizing Population Health: directions for the Development and Application of Population Metrics. Institute of Medicine, Washington: National Academy Press; 1998
- Yoon SJ, Kwon YD, Kim BI. Estimating the disability weight of major cancers in Korea using Delphi method. Korean J Prev Med 2000; 33(4): 409-414 (Korean)
- 통계청. 1999년 생명표. 2001
- Sullivan DF. A single index of mortalityand morbidity. HSMHA Health Rep 1971; 86(4): 347-354
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (1)
- Yoon, Seok-Jun ; Lee, Jung-Kyu ; Kwon, Young-Hoon ; Lee, Sang-Il ; Kim, Chang-Yup ; Park, Ki-Dong ; Kim, Yong-Ik ; Shin, Young-Soo ; Do, Young-Kyung 2004. "Disability Weights for the Korean Burden of Disease Study : Focused on Comparison with Disability Weights in the Australian Burden of Disease Study" 예방의학회지 = Korean journal of preventive medicine, 37(1): 59~71
저자의 다른 논문
- 2003 "데이터마이닝 기법을 이용한 효율적인 DRG 확인심사대상건 검색방법" 예방의학회지 = Korean journal of preventive medicine 36 (2): 147~152
- 2003 "한국인 질병의 장애가중치 측정 및 신뢰도 평가" 예방의학회지 = Korean journal of preventive medicine 36 (2): 163~170
- 2003 "보건소 정보화시스템의 도입에 영향을 미친 요인" 예방의학회지 = Korean journal of preventive medicine 36 (4): 359~366
- 2004 "한국인 질병의 장애가중치 측정에 관한 연구 : 호주 장애가중치와의 측정 결과 비교를 중심으로 -" 예방의학회지 = Korean journal of preventive medicine 37 (1): 59~71
- NDSL :
- 대한예방의학회 : 저널
- 원문이 없습니다.
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기