Non-absorbable Gas Effects on Heat and Mass Transfer in Falling Film Absorption
Film absorption involves simultaneous heat and mass transfer in the gas-liquid system. While the non-absorbable gas does not participate directly In the absorption process. its pretence does affect the overall heat and mass transfer. An experimental study was performed to investigate the heat and mass transfer characteristics of LiBr-H $_2$ O solution flow ing over 6-row horizontal tubes with the water vapor absorption in the pretence of non-absorbable gases. The volumetric concentration of non-absorbable gas, air, was varied from 0.17 to 10.0%. The combined effects of the solution flow rate and its concentration on the heat and mass transfer coefficients were also examined. The presence of 2% volumetric concentration of air resulted in a 25% reduction in the Nusselt number and 41% reduction in the Sherwood number Optimum film Reynolds number was found to exist at which the heat and mass transfer reach their maximum value independent of air contents. Reduced Nusselt and Sherwood numbers. defined as the ratio of Nusselt and Sherwood numbers at given non-absorbable gas content to that with pure water vapor, were correlated to account for the reduction in the heat and mass transfer due to non-absorbable gases in a falling film absorption process.
- Yang, R. and Wood, B. D. 1993, 'Experimental Study for Heat and Mass Transfer in Wavy Film Absorption with the Presence of Non-absorbable Gas,' Chem. Eng. Comm. Vol. 125, pp. 77-90
- Haselden G. G. and Malaty, S. A. 1959, 'Heat and Mass Transfer Accompanying the Absorption of Ammonia in Water,' Trans. Inst. Chem. Engrs., Vol. 37, No. 10, pp. 136-146
- Hikita, H., Nakanishi, K. and Kataoka, T., 1959, 'Liquid Phase Mass Transfer in Wetted-Wall Columns,' Chem. Eng. Tokyo, Vol. 23, No. 7, pp. 459-466
- Hoffman, L., Greiter, I., Wagner, A., Weiss, V. and Alefeld, G. 1996, 'Experimental Investigation of Heat Transfer in a Horizontal Tube Falling Film Absorber with Aqueous Solutions of LiBr with and without Surfactants,' Int. J. Refrigeration, Vol. 19, No. 5, pp. 331-341
- Kim, B. J. and Lee, C. W., 1998, 'Effects of Non-absorbable Gases on the Absorption Process of Aqueous LiBr Solution Film in a Vertical Tube (1)-Experimental Studies,' Transactions of KSME (B), Vol. 22, No. 4, pp. 489-498
- Kline, S. J. 1985, 'The Purposes of Uncertainty Analysis,' Trans. ASME, J. Fluids Eng., Vol. 107, pp. 153-160
- Vliet, G. C. and Cosenza, F. B. 1992, 'Absorption Phenomena in Water-Lithium Bromide Films,' Proc. Absorption Heat Pump Conf., pp. 53-61
- Ameel, T. A., Kim, K. J. and Wood, B. D. 1997, 'Non-absorbable Gas Effects on Heat and Mass Transfer in Wavy Laminar Falling Film Absorption,' Solar Energy, Vol. 60, No. 6, pp. 301-311
- Ameel, T. A. and Wood, B. D. 1992, 'Non-absorbable Gas Effects on Heat and Mass Transfer in Wavy Laminar Falling Film Absorption,' Solar Engineering, Vol. 1, pp. 219-228
- Burdukov, A. P., Bufetov, N. S., Deriy, N. P., Dorokhov, A. R. and Kazakov, V. I. 1980, 'Experimental Study of the Absorption of Water Vapor by Thin Films of Aqucous Lithium Bromide,' Heat Transfer-Soviet Research, Vol. 12, pp. 118-123
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기