PREDICTING PARAMETERS OF TRANSIENT STORAGE ZONE MODEL FOR RIVER MIXING
Previously developed empirical equations used to calculate the parameters of the transient storage model are analyzed in depth in order to evaluate their behavior in representing solute transport in the natural streams with storage zone. A comparative analysis of the existing theoretical and experimental equations used to predict parameters of the transient storage (TS) model is reported. New simplified equations for predicting 4 key parameters of the TS model using hydraulic data sets that are easily obtained in the natural streams are also developed. The weighted one-step Huber method, which is one of the nonlinear multi-regression methods, is applied to derive new parameters equation. These equations are proven to be superior in explaining mixing characteristics of natural streams with the transient storage zone more precisely than the other existing equations.
- Worman, A. (2000). 'Comparison of models for transient storage of solutes in small streams.' Water Resources Research, Vol. 36, No. 2, pp. 455-468
- White, W. R., Milli, H., and D.Crabbe, A. (1973). 'Sediment transport: An appraisal methods.' Station Report, IT119, Wallingford, U.K.
- Wagner, B. J., and Harvey, J. W. (1997). 'Experimental design for estimating parameters of rate limited mass transfer: Analysis of stream tracer studies.' Water Resources Research, Vol. 33, pp. 1731-1741
- Thackston, E. L., and Karl B. Schnelle, J. (1970) 'Predicting effects of dead zones on stream mixing,' Journal of the Sanitary Engineering Division, Proceedings of the American Society of Civil Engineering, Vol. 96, No. SA2, pp. 319-331
- Wagner, B. J. and Gorelick, S. M. (1986). 'A statistical methodology for estimating transport parameters: Theory and applications to one-dimensional advective-dispersive systems.' Water Resources Research, Vol. 22, No. 8, pp. 1303-1315
- Taylor, G. I. (1954). 'The dispersion of matter in turbulent flow through a pipe.' Proceedings of The Royal Society of London, Series A, Vol 223, pp. 446-468
- Seo, I. W., and Yu, D. (2000) 'Modeling solute transport in pool-and-riffle streams.' Water Engineering Research, Korean Water Resources Association, Vol. 1, No. 3, pp. 171-185
- Seo I. W. and Cheong, T. S. (1998). 'Predicting longitudinal dispersion coefficient in natural streams,' Journal of Hydraulic Engineering, ASCE, Vol. 124, No. 1, pp. 453-465
- Seo I. W. and Cheong, T. S. (2001). 'Moment-based calculation of parameters for the storage zone model for river dispersion.' Journal of Hydraulic Engineering, ASCE, Vol. 127, No. 6, pp. 453-465
- Runkel, R. L. and Chapra S. C. (1993). 'An efficient numerical solution of the transient storage equations for solute transport in small streams.' Water Resources Research, Vol. 29, No. 1, pp. 211-215
- Seo, I. W., and Maxwell W. H. C. (1992). 'Modeling low-flow mixing through pools and riffles.' Journal of Hydraulic Engineering, ASCE, Vol. 118, No. 10, pp. 1406-1423
- Pedersen, F. B. (1977). 'Prediction of longitudinal dispersion in natural streams.' Hydrodynamics and Hydraulic Engineering Series Paper No. 14, Technical University of Denmark
- Okubo, A. (1973). 'Effect of shoreline irregularities on streamwise dispersion in estuaries and other embayments.' Netherlands Journal of Sea Research, Vol. 6, No. 1, pp. 213-224
- Nordin, C. F., and Troutman, B. M. (1980). 'Longitudinal dispersion in rivers: The persistence of skewness in observed data.' Water Resources Research, Vol. 16, No. 1, pp. 123-128
- Nordin, C. F., and Sabol, G. V. (1974). 'Empirical data on longitudinal dispersion.' U.S. Geological Survey Water Resources investigations 20-74, Washington, D. C.
- Mulholland, P. J., Steinman, A. D., Marzolf, E. R., Hart, D. R., and Deangelis, D. L. (1994). 'Effect of periphyton biomass on hydraulic characteristics and nutrient cycling in streams,' Oecologia, Vol. 98, pp. 40-47
- Kim, B. K., Jackman, A. P., and Triska, F. J. (1992). 'Modeling biotic uptake by periphyton and transient hyporrheic storage of nitrate in a natural stream.' Water Resources Research, Vol. 28, pp. 2743-2752
- Hart, D. R. (1995). 'Parameter estimation and stochastic interpolation of the transient storage model for solute transport in streams.' Water Resources Research, Vol. 31, No. 2, pp. 323-328
- Hays, J. R., Krenkel, P. A., and J. Karl B. Schnelle. (1967). 'Mass transport mechanisms in open-channel flow.' Sanitary and Water Resources Engineering Department of Civil Engineering Technical Report 8, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee
- Fischer, H. B. (l968b). 'Method for Predicting Dispersion Coefficients in Natural Streams, with Applications to Lower Reaches of the Green and Duwamish Rivers Washington.' U.S. Geological Survey Professional Paper 582-A
- Godfrey, R. G., and Frederick, B. J. (1970). 'Stream dispersion at selected sites.' U.S. Geological Survey Professional Paper 433-K
- Fernald, A. G., Wigington, P. J. Jr., and Landers, D. H. (2001). 'Transient storage and hyporheic flow along the Willamette River, Oregon: Field measurements and model estimates.' Water Resources Research, Vol. 37, No. 6, pp. 1681-1694
- Fischer, H. B. (1968a). 'Dispersion predictions in natural streams.' Journal of Sanitary Engineering Division, ASCE, Vol. 94, No. 5, pp. 927-944
- D'Angelo, D. J., Webster, J. R., Gregory, S. V., and Meyer, J. L. (1993). 'Transient storage in Appalachain and Cascade mountain streams as related to hydraulic characteristics.' Journal of North America Benthic Society, Vol. 12, pp, 223-235
- Czeruszenko, W., Rowinski, P.-M., and Suk-hodolov, A. (1998). 'Experimental and numerical validation of the dead-zone model for longitudinal dispersion in rivers.' Journal of Hydraulic Research, ASCE, Vol. 36, No. 2, pp. 269-280
- Cbeong, T. S. and Seo, I. W. (2002). 'Parameter Estimation of the Transient Storage Model by Routing Method for River Mixing Processes.' Water Resources Research, accepted
- Cheong, T. S. and Seo, I. W. (2000). 'Predicting Parameters of Storage Zone Model for Water Quality Analysis in Rivers.' Korean Water Resources Association, Vol. 12, No. 2, pp. 667-678
- Chatwin, P. C. (1980). 'Presentation of longitudinal dispersion data.' Journal of the Hydraulics Division, Proceedings of the American Society of Civil Engineering, Vol. 106, pp. 71-83
- Bencala, K. E., McKnight, D. M., and Zellweger, G. W. (1990). 'Characterization of transport in an acidic and metal-rich mountain stream based on a Lithium tracer injection and simulations of transient storage.' Water Resources Research, Vol. 26, No. 5, pp. 989-1000
- Bencala, K. E., and Walters, R. A. (1983) 'Simulation of solute transport in a mountain pool-rime stream: A transient storage model.' Water Resources Research, Vol. 19, pp. 718-724
- Castro, N. M. and Hornberger, G. H. (1991). 'Surface-subsurface water interactions in an alluviated mountain stream channel.' Water Resources Research, Vol. 27, pp. 1613 -1621
- Bahr, J. M. and Rubin, J. (1987). 'Direct comparison of kinetic and local equilibrium formulations for solute transport affected by surface reactions.' Water Resources Research, Vol. 23, No. 3, pp. 438-452
- Bencala, K. E. (1984). 'Interactions of solutes and streambed sediment 2. A dynamic analysis of coupled hydrologic and chemical processes that determine solute transport.' Water Resources Research, Vol. 20, No. 12, pp. 1804-1814
- NDSL :
- 원문이 없습니다.
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기