FINITE ELEMENT MODELING FOR HYDRODYNAMIC AND SEDIMENT TRANSPORT ANALYSIS (I) : HYDRODYNAMIC STUDY
In this study, using the numerical model, the flow motion around skewed abutment is investigated to evaluate the skewness effect on the flow distribution. The skewness angle of the abutment which make with main flow direction is changed from $30\circ$ to $150\circ$ with increments of $10\circ$ while the contraction ratios due to the abutment are kept constant. For the investigation of the combined effects on the relationship between the skewness angle and flow intensities, this process will be .repeated fer different types of abutment (single and double) with different flow intensities. The maximum velocities and the velocity distributions, which can be obtained from each angle, are examined and analyzed corresponding to different angles of inclination. Based on successive model applications, an empirical expression, given in a function of contracted ratio and skewness angle, is derived for relating velocity amplifications according to the angle variations.
- Zienkiwicz, O. C. and Taylor, R. L. (1989) 'The finite element method' 4th edition
- Tisdale, T. S., Scarlatos, P. D. and Hamrick, J. M. (1998). 'Streamline upwind finite-element method for overland flow.' Journal of Hydraulic Engineering, ASCE, Vol. 124 (4), pp. 350-357
- Rastogi and Rodi (1978). 'Predictions of heat and mass transfer in open channels.' Journal of Hydraulics Division, ASCE, Vol. 104 (3), pp. 397-420
- Ouillon, S., and Dartus, D. (1997). 'Three Dimensional Computation of Flow Around Groyne' Journal of Hydraulic Engineering, ASCE, Vol. 123 (1), pp. 962-970
- Rajaratnam, N., and Nwachukwu, B. (1983). 'Flow Near Groyne-Like Structures.' Journal of Hydraulics Division, ASCE, Vol. 109 (3), pp. 463-480
- Molinas, A., and Hafez, Y. (2000) 'Finite Element Surface Model for Flow around Vertical wall Abutment.' Journal of Fluids and Structure, Vol. (14), pp. 711-733
- Mayerle, R., Toro, F. M. and Wang, S. S. Y. (1995). 'Verification of a three dimensional numerical model simulation of the flow in the vicinity of spur dikes.' Journal of Hydraulic Research, Vol. (33), pp. 243-256
- Kwan, T F. (1984). 'Study of Abutment Scour.' University of Auckland School of Engineering Report No. 328, Department of Civil Engineering, University of Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
- Heinrich, J.C., Huyakorn, P.S., Zienkiwiewicz, O.C., and Mitchell, A.R., (1977). 'An upwind finite element scheme for two dimensional convective transport equation.' international Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering, Vol. (11), pp. 627-643
- Katopodes, N. D. (1984). 'A dissipative Galerkin scheme for open-channel flow.' Journal of Hydraulics Division, ASCE, Vol. 110 (4), pp. 450-465
- Garmy, H. K., and Steffler P. M. (2002) 'Effect of applying different distribution shapes for velocities and pressure on simulation of curved open channels' Journal of Hydraulic Engineering, ASCE, Vol. 128 (II), pp. 969-982
- Berger, R. C. and Stockstill, R. L. (1995). 'Finite-element model for high-velocity channels.' Journal of Hydraulic Engineering, ASCE, Vol. 121 (10), pp. 710-716
- Brooks, A. N. and Hughes, T.J.R. (1982). 'Streamline Upwind-Galerkin Formulations for Convection Dominated Flows with particular Emphasis on the Incompressible Navier-Stokes Equations,' Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, Vol. 32, pp. 199-259
- NDSL :
- 원문이 없습니다.
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기