Early and Uniform Maturation in Silkworm Bombyx mori L. by Phytoecdysteroid Extracted from a Plant of Family Caryophyllaceae
One of the biggest problems encountered during the last phase of silkworm rearing is non-uniform maturation of the silkworms especially during cooler months. Phytoecdysteroid (20-hydroxy ecdysone) was extracted in large-scale from a plant belongs to Caryophyllaceae and fed to silkworm larvae to test the effect of phytoecdysteroid. About 80% of the silkworms were ready for mounting by 18 hrs after treatment (when the treatment is done for uniform spinning), whereas in control batch only 37% worms were ready for mounting by the same time.
- Banerjii, A., G. J. Chintalwar, N. K. Joshi and M. S. Chadha(1971) Isolation of ecdysterones from Indian plants. Phy-tochemistry 10, 2225-2226
- Grieneisen, M. L. (1994) Recent advances in our knowledge ofecdysteroid biosynthesis in insects and crustaceans. InsectBiochem. Molec. Biol. 24, 115-132
- Maribashetty, V. G., M. V. Chandrakala and H. K. Jyothi(1997) Phytoecdysteroid and their application in sericulture.Bull. Seric. Res. 8, 43-47
- Sehnal, F. (1989) Hormonal role of ecdysteroids in insect lar-vae and during metamorphosis; in Ecdysone from Chemistryto Mode of Action. Koolman, J. (ed.), pp. 271-278, ThiemeMedical Publishers, New York
- Novak, V. J. A. (1975) Insect hormones. Chapman and Hall, London
- Shivkumar, G. R., K. V. Anantharaman, S. B. Magadum, R. K.Datta, S. S. Hussain, A. Banerji and S. K. Chowdhary (1996)Effect of phytoecdysteroids on the spinning, cocoon andreeling parameters of the silkworm, Bombyx mori L. Allelop-athy J. 3, 71-76
- Slama, K., N. K. Abubakirov, M. B. Gorovits, U. A. Baltaevand Z. Saatov (1993) Hornonal activity of ecdysteroids fromcertain Asiatic plants. Insect Biochem. Molec. Biol. 23, 181-185
- Hoffmann, J. A. and C. Hetru (1983) Ecdysone; in Endocrinol-ogy of insects. Downer, R. G. H. and H. Laufer (eds.), pp. 6588, Alan R. Liss Inc., New York
- Li, X., J. Zhu and S. Hui (1992) Studies on improving themounting rate of partitioner cocooning frame by usingecdysone. Bull. Seric. 23, 23-26
- Shirai, Y., Y. Aizono, T. Iwasaki, A. Yanagida, H. Mori, M.Sumida and F. Matsubara (1992) Prothoracicotropic hor-mone is released five times in 5th larval instar of silkworm,Bombyx mori. J. Insect Physiol. 39, 83-88
- Shivkumar, G. R., K. V. Ananthraman, S. B. Magadum, R. K.Datta, S. S. Hussain, A. Banerji and S. K. Chowdhary (1995)Effect of phytoecdysteroid on larval maturation and eco-nomic parameters of the silkworm, Bombyx mori L. Indain J.Seric. 34, 46-49
- Chou, W. S. and H. S. Lu (1980) Growth regulation and silkproduction in Bombyx mori L. from Phytogenous ecdys-teroids; in Progress in ecdysone research. Hoffmann, J. A.(ed.), pp. 281-297, Elsevier/North Holland BiomedicalPress, New York
- Krisnaswamy, S. (1978) New technology of silkworm rearing.Bull. Cent. Seric. Res. Training Institute India 2, 1-24
- Chandrakala, M. V., V. G. Maribashetty and H. K. Jyothi(1998) Application of phytoecdysteroids in sericulture. Curr.Sci. 74, 341-346
- Anantharaman, K. V., G. R. Shivakumar and R. K. Datta(1996) Phytoecdysteroid effect on maturation in silkworm, Bombyx mori L. Insect Envt. 2, 21-22
- Trivedy, K., K. S. Nair and P. K. Chinya (1998) Use Of phyto-ecdysteroid for synchronization of spinning activities in Silk-worm. Annual Report, CSRTI, Mysore, pp. 60-61
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (1)
- 2007. "" International journal of industrial entomology, 14(1): 63~68
- 한국학술정보 : 저널
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기