A Quantitative Model of System-Man Interaction Based on Discrete Function Theory
A quantitative model for a control system that integrates human operators, systems, and their interactions is developed based on discrete functions. After identifying the major entities and the key factors that are important to each entity in the control system, a quantitative analysis to estimate the recovery failure probability from an abnormal state is performed. A numerical analysis based on assumed values of related variables shows that this model produces reasonable results. The concept of 'relative sensitivity' is introduced to identify the major factors affecting the reliability of the control system. The analysis shows that the hardware factor and the design factor of the instrumentation system have the highest relative sensitivities in this model. T도 probability of human operators performing incorrect actions, along with factors related to human operators, are also found to have high relative sensitivities. This model is applied to an analysis of the TMI-2 nuclear power plant accident and systematically explains how the accident took place.
- S. R. Welke, B. W. Johnson and J. H. Aylor, 'Reliability Model of Hardware/Software Systems', IEEE Trans. Reliability, vol. 44, pp. 413-418, Sep. (1995)
- K. Vemuri, J. B. Dugan, and K. Sullivan, 'Automatic Synthesis of Fault Trees for Computer-Based Systems,' IEEE Trans. Reliability, vol. 48, pp. 394-402, Dec.(1999)
- M. R. Lyu, 'An Integrated Approach to Achieving High Software Reliability', Proc. 1998 IEEE Aerospace Conf., vol. 4, pp. 123-136,(1998)
- H. S. Son and P. H. Seong, 'Development of a Safety Critical Software Requirements Verification Method with Combined CPN and PVS: A Nuclear Power Plant Protection System Application', Reliab. Eng, Syst. Saf., vol.80, pp.19-32, (2003)
- H. G. Kang and P. H. Seong, 'Information Theoretic Approach to Man-Machine Interface Complexity Evaluation', IEEE Trans. Syst., Man, and Cybern. A, vol. 31, pp. 163-171, May (2001)
- Y. Jung, Y. Shin and I. Park, 'An incremental objective achievement model in computerized procedure execution', Reliab. Eng, Syst. Saf., vol.70, pp. 185-195, Nov. (2000)
- A. D. Swain and H. E. Guttmann, Handbook of Human Reliability Analysis With Emphasis on Nuclear Power Plant Applications Final Report, NUREG-CR-1278, S.N.L, (1983)
- U. S. NRC, Technical Basis andImplementation Guidelines for ATHEANA, NUREG-1624, (1998)
- E. Hollnagel, CREAM : Cognitive Reliability and Error Analysis Method, New York:Elsevier, (1998)
- C. M. Thomson et al., 'The Application of ATHEANA: A Technique for Slip error Analysis', Proc. IEEE Sixth Annual Human Factors Meeting, Orlando, Florida, (1997)
- M. C. Kim and P. H. Seong, 'Incorporating Second Generation Human Reliability Analysis Methods into Current Probabilistic Safety Assessment' Transactions on American Nuclear Society, vol.90, pp.430-431, (2004)
- M. C. Kim and P. H. Seong, 'An Integrated Model For Reliability Estimation of Digital Nuclear Protection System Based on Fault Tree and Software Control Flow Methodologies' Proc. 4th Japan-Korea Seminar on Advanced Reactors, Japan, Oct. (2000)
- J. B. Dugan, S. J. Bavuso, and M. A. Boyd, 'Dynamic fault-tree models for fault tolerant computer systems', IEEE Trans. Reliability, vol. 41, pp. 363-377, Sep. (1992)
- J. G. Choi and P. H. Seong, 'Dependability Assessment of Nuclear Digital Systems using Discrete Function Theory and Fault Injection Experiment', Reliab. Eng, Syst. Saf., submitted for publication, (2004)
- M. Davio, J. -P. Deschamps and A. Thayse, Discrete and Switching Functions, London: Georgi Publishing Company and McGraw-Hill International Book Company, (1978)
- N. G. Leveson, Safeware, New York: Addison-Wesley Publishing Company, (1995)
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (1)
- 2013. "" Journal of the Ergonomics Society of Korea = 大韓人間工學會誌, 32(1): 87~96
저자의 다른 논문
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기