The Effect of an Aggressive Cool-Down Following A Refueling Outage Accident in which a Pressurizer Safety valve is Stuck Open
A PSV (pressurizer safety valve) popping test carried out in the early phases of a refueling outage may trigger a test-induced LOCA(loss of coolant accident) if a PSV fails to fully close and is stuck in a partially open position. According to a KSNP (Korea standard nuclear power plant) low power and shutdown PSA (probabilistic safety assessment), the failure of a high pressure safety injection (HPSI) accompanied by the failure of a PSV to fully close was identified as a dominant accident sequence with a significant impact on low power and shutdown risks (LPSR). In this study, we aim to investigate and verify a new means for mitigating this type of accident using a thermal-hydraulic analysis. In particular, we explore the applicability of an aggressive cool-down combined with operator actions. The results of the various sensitivity studies performed there will help reduce LPSR and improve Refueling outage safety.
- Korea Electric Power Corporation, 'Korea Standard Nuclear Power Plant Safety Analysis Report', (1991)
- .KHNP, 'System Description Manual for Korea Standard Nuclear Power Plant', Vol. 1, YongGwang Nuclear Power Plant Training Center, (1996)
- KHNP, 'Probabilistic Safety Assessment for Young Gwang 5&6: Low Power and Shutdown Analysis' , (2002)
- KHNP, 'Yong-Gwang Second Nuclear Power Plant Operation Manual', Vol. 2 (1995)
- Information Systems Laboratories, 'RELAP5/ MOD3.3 Code Manual Vol. I, Code Structure, System Models, and Solution Method', Rockville, Maryland/Idaho Falls, Idaho (2003)
- M. J. Thurgood, J. M. Kelly, T. E. Guidotti, R. J. Kohrt, K. R. Crowell, ' COBRA/TRAC - A Thermal-Hydraulics Code for Transient Analysis of Nuclear Reactor Vessels and Primary Coolant Systems', NUREG/CR-3046, Vol. 1 (1982)
- Jeong, J. -J., Ha, K. S., Chung, B. D., Lee, W. J., 'Development of A Multi-dimensional Thermal-Hydraulic System Code, MARS 1.3.1,' Annals of Nuclear Energy 26(18), 1161-1642 (1999)
- Y. J. Lee, S. W. Bae, B. D. Chung, 'Validation of One-Dimensional Module of MARS 2.1 Computer Code by Comparing with The RELAP5/MOD3.3 Developmental Assessment Results.', KAERI/TR-2411/2003, Daejeon, KAERI (2003)
- W. J. Lee, B. D. Chung, J. -J. Jeong, K. S. Ha, 'Development of a Multi-Dimensional Realistic Thermal-Hydraulic System Analysis Code, MARS 1.3 and Its Validation' KAERI/TR1108/98 Daejeon, Korea(l998)
- RELAP5/MOD3.3 Code Manual Vol. III, Developmental Assessment, Information Systems Laboratories, Inc. Rockville, Maryland/Idaho Falls, Idaho (2003)
- KHNP, UI-Chin Unit 3&4 Emergency Operate Procedure, Korea Hydraulic and Nuclear Power Co. (1997)
- W. E. Burchill, Physical Phenomena of a Small-Break Loss-of-Coolant Accident in a PWR, Nuclear Safety, Vol. 23 (1982)
- Compendium of ECCS (Emergency Core Cooling Systems) Research for Realistic LOCA (Loss-Of-Coolant Accidents) Analysis, NUREG-1230, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission. (1988)
- S. I. Lee, Private Communications (2003)
- Crosby, 'Pressurizer Safety Valve Design Drawing, C-N95471'. (1989)
- S. J. Han, H. G. Lim, J. E. Yang, Thermal Hydraulic Analysis of Aggressive Secondary Cooldown in Small Break Loss of Coolant Accident with Total Loss of High Pressure Injection, 2003, NURETH-10 (2003)
- T. J. Liu, C. H. Lee, C. Y. Chang, 'PowerOperated Relief Valve Stuck-Open Accident and Recovery Scenarios in the Institute of Nuclear Energy Research Integral System Test Facility, Nuclear Engineering & Design 186, 149-176pp (1998)
- Liu, Tay-Jian, Chan, Yea-Kuang, Femg, YuhMing, and Chang, Chien-Yah, Experimental Investigation of Early Initiation of Primary Cooldown by Secondary-Side Depressurization in a PWR Inadequate Core-Cooling Accident, Nuclear Technology, American Nuclear Society, Vol. 129, No.2, pp.187 (2000)
- H. Asaka, Y. Anoda, Y. Kukita, and I. Ohtsu, Secondary-Side Depressurization During PWR Cold Leg Small Break LOCAs Based on ROSA-V /LSTF Experiments and Analyses, J. Nuclear Science and Technology, Vol. 35, pp.905 (1998)
- K. Kawanishi, A. Tsuge, M. Fujiware, T. Kohriyama, and H. Nagumo, Experimental Study on Heat Removal during Cold Leg Small Break LOCAs in PWRs, J. Nucl. Sci. Technol., Vol. 28, pp.555 (1991)
- Y. S. Bang, K. Kim, K. W. Seul, H. J. Kim, Loss of Coolant Accident Analysis During Shutdown Operation of YGN Unit 3/4, journal of the Korean Nuclear Society 31, pp17-28 (1997)
- J. -J. Jeong, K. S. Ha, B. D. Chung, W. J. Lee, A Multi-Dimensional Thermal-Hydraulic System Code, MARS 1.3.1, journal of the Korean Nuclear Society 31, pp17-28 (1999)
- S. S. Choi, S. H. Chang, D. H. Lee, 'Automating Stragegies of Emergency Operation for Optimal Shutdown in Pressurized Water Reactors' . IEEE Transactions on Nuclear Science, Vol. 45 (1998)
- 'Format and Content of Plant-Specific Pressurized Thermal Shock Safety Analysis Reports for Pressurized Water Reactor,' Regulatory Guide 1.154, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (1987)
- K. E. Stahlkopf, 'Pressure Vessel Integrity under Pressurized Thermal Shock Conditions,' Nuclear Engineering and Design, Vol. 80, Pages 171-180 (1984)
- Carlson, K. E., Riemke, R. A., Rouhani, S.Z., Shumway, R. W., and Weaver, W.L.,RELAP5/MOD3 Code Manual Volume 1: Code Structure, System Models, and Solution Methods (draft), NUREG/CR-5535, EGG2596, EG&G Idaho, Inc. (1990)
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기