임신 중 살충제 amitraz에 노출된 랫드의 모독성 평가
Evaluation of maternal toxicity in rats exposed to the insecticide amitraz during pregnancy
The present study was carried out to investigate the potential adverse effects of amitraz on pregnant dams after maternal exposure during the gestational days (GD) 1 through 19 in Sprague-Dawley rats. The test chemical was administered orally to pregnant rats at dose levels of 0, 3, 10, or 30 mg/kg/ day. During the test period, clinical signs, mortality, body weights, food consumption, serum biochemistry, gross findings, organ weights and reproductive findings on GD 20 were examined. In the 30 mg/kg group, an increase in the incidence of abnormal clinical signs and death, a suppression in the body weight gain, and a decrease in the food consumption were observed. A decrease in the liver weight and increases in the kidneys, adrenal glands and heart weights were also found. Serum biochemical investigations revealed increases in the aspartate aminotransferase (AST), total bilirubin, and chloride. In addition, an increase in the fetal death and decreases in the litter size and fetal body weight were seen at caesarean section. Inthe 10 mg/kg group, an increase in the incidence of abnormal clinical signs, decreases in the food consumption and liver weight, increases in the total bilirubin and chloride, and a decrease in the fetal body weight were observed. There were no adverse effects on clinical signs, mortality, body weights, food consumption, serum biochemistry, gross findings, organ weights and reproductive findings in the 3 mg/kg group. Based on the results, it was concluded that the 19-day repeated oral dose of amitraz to pregnant rats caused increases in the clinical signs, kidneys, adrenal glands and heart weights, AST, total bilirubin and chloride and decreases in the body weight gain, food consumption and liver weight at the dose levels of above 10 mg/kg/day. Under the present experimental conditions, the no-observed-adverse-effect level (NOAEL) of amitraz was considered to be 3 mg/kg/day.
- Budavari, S. The Merck Index, 11th ed.. Merck and Company Inc, Rathway, NJ. 1989, 522-528
- Cullen, L. K. and Reynoldson J. A. Cardiovascular and respiratory effects of the acaricide amitraz. J. Vet. Pharmacol. Ther. 1987, 10, 134-143
- Grossman, M. R. Amitraz toxicosis associated with ingestion of an acarcide collar in a dog. J. Am. Vet. Med. Assoc. 1993, 203, 55
- National Research Council. Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals, National Research Council. National Academy, Washington DC, 1996
- Thomson, W. T. Agricultural Chemicals. Book II: Herbicides. Thomson Publications, Fresno, 1993
- Yamada, T., Ohsawa, K. and Ohno, H. The usefulness of alkaline solutions for clearing the uterus and staining implantation sites in rats. Exp. Anim. 1998, 37, 325-331
- Fisher, R. A. Statistical Methods: Experimental Design and Scientific Inference. pp. 1-323, Oxford University Press, New York, USA, 1995
- SAS Institute, Inc. SAS/STAT Software: Changes and Enhancements Through Release 6.12. SAS Institute, Cary, 1997
- U. S. Environmental Protection Agency. Health Effects Test Guidelines, OPPTS 870.3700, Prenatal developmental toxicity study, Public Draft, U.S. Government Printing Office, Washington DC, 1996
- Patton, D. S. G. and Sutton, M. M. Acute toxicity studies on BTS 27,419, an acaricide. Unpublished report No. P71544 from The Boots Pure Drug Company, Nottingham, United Kingdom. Submitted to WHO by Schering Agrochemicals Ltd, 1971
- U. S. Environmental Protection Agency. EPA Fact Sheet No. 14 Amitraz. U.S. EPA. Washington DC, 1987
- The Agrochemicals Handbooks. Royal Society of Chemistry Information Systems, 3rd ed. Unwin Brothers Ltd, Surrey, 1994.
- 허정두, 김영길, 이현숙, 김충용, 박승춘, 신진영, 김성호, 신동호, 김종춘. 개에서 진드기 살충제 amitraz의 단회피하투여 독성시험. 한국생명공학회지. 2004, 14, 547-552
- Kim, J. C., Shin, D. H., Ahn, T. H., Kang, S. S.,Song, S. W., Han, J., Kim, C. Y., Ha, C. S. and Chung, M. K. 26-Week oral repeated dose toxicity study of the new quinolone antibacterial DW-116 in Sprague-Dawley rats. Food Chem. Toxicol. 2003, 41, 637-645
- Osano, O., Oladimeji, A. A., Kraak, M. H. S. and Admiraal, W. Teratogenic effects of amitraz, 2,4-dimethylaniline, and paraquat on developing frog(Xenopus) embryos. Arch. Environ. Contam. Toxicol. 2002, 43, 42-49
- Al-Thani, R. K., Al-Thani, A. S., Elbetieha, A. and Darmani, H. Assessment of reproductive and fertility effects of amitraz pesticide in male mice. Toxicol. Lett. 2003, 138, 253-260
- International Conference on Harmonization (ICH). Guideline on detection of toxicity to reproduction for medicinal products, Fed. Regist. 1994, 59, 48746-48752
- Ulukaya, S., Demirag, K. and Moral, A. R. Acute amitraz intoxication in human. Intensive Care Med. 2001, 27, 930-933
- Kruskal, W. H. and Wallis W. A. Use of ranks in one criterion variance analysis. J. Am. Statist. Assoc. 1952, 47, 614-617
- Meister, R. T. Farm Chemicals Handbook. Meister Publishing Company. Willoughby, OH, USA, 1994
- Loeb, W. F. and Quimby, F. W. The Clinical Chemistry of Laboratory Animals. 2nd Ed. Taylor & Francis, Philadelphia, 1999
- Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD). OECD Guidelines for Testing of Chemicals, Guideline 414: Teratogenicity, Paris, 1995
- Hayes, W., Jr. and Laws, E. R., Jr. Handbook of Pesticide Toxicology Volume 1. Academic Press, New York, 1991
- Weil, C. S. Selection of the valid number of sampling units and a consideration of their combination in toxicological studies involving reproduction, teratogenesis or carcinogenesis. Food. Cosmet. Toxicol. 1970, 8, 77-182
- Scheffe, H. A method of judging all contrasts in the analysis of variance. Biometika. 1953, 40, 87-104
- Xavier, F. G., Kogika, M. M. and Spinosa, H. D. S. Common causes of poisoning in dogs and cats in a Brazilian veterinary teaching hospital from 1998 to 2000. Vet. Hum. Toxicol. 2002, 44, 115-116
- 강부현, 손화영, 하창수, 이현숙, 송시환. Ktc: Sprague-Dawley rats의 혈액학 및 혈액생화학치의 자료분석. 한국실험동물학회지. 1995, 11, 141-145
- Leung, V. K., Chan T. Y. and Yeung V. T. Amitraz poisoning in humans. J. Toxicol. Clin. Toxicol. 1999, 37, 513-514
- Filazi, A., Sireli, M. and Kalkan, F. The influence of amitraz on biochemical parameters in mice. Hum. Exp. Toxicol. 2003, 22, 99-101
- Al-Qarawi, A. A., Al-Damegh, M. S. and Adam, S. E. Effect of amitraz given by different routes on rats. Vet. Hum. Toxicol. 1999, 41, 355-357
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (1)
- Yang, Jaehyuk ; Song, Heeeun ; Lee, Kyuong-Kap ; Jee, Youngheun ; Woo, Ho-Choon ; Lim, Yoon-Kyu 2010. "A case of treatment on amitraz toxicosis in a Thoroughbred racehorse" 大韓獸醫學會誌 = Korean journal of veterinary research, 50(3): 253~257
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기