Helicobacter pylori의 병원성 비교를 위한 gerbil의 수침구속스트레스 모델
Water-Immersion-Restraint Stress model in Mongolian gerbil forcomparison of pathoaenicity of Helicobacter pylori strains
Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori)-infection is an important pathogen of stomach cancer after chronic gastritis and ulceration in the stomach and duodenum. However, the virulences of H. pylori strains have not been well-defined between clinical isolates. This study was designed to establish water-immersion-restraint stress (WIRS) model in mongolian gerbil for comparison of pathogenicity of H. pylori strains. To determine an optimal duration time for WIRS model in gerbil, 5-week-old Mongolian gerbils were divided into different groups by WIRS duration time. After graded duration of WIRS, the macroscopic ulcer index (UI) was measured with the stomach and duodenum of sacrificed animal. There were no significant differences between male and female in same duration group. However, the UI increased significantly in a time-dependent fashion. The group of 6 hours-WIRS animals showed severe hemorrhage and ulceration in their stomach and duodenum. On the other hand, the very mild lesions induced in 2 hours-treated animals. Therefore, we determined an optimal duration time for WIRS model in gerbil as 4 hours. Thereafter, we evaluated whether this WIRS model in gerbil could be used as an useful tool for in vivo comparison of pathogenicity of H. pylori strains by enhancement of pathological severity in H. pylori-infected gerbils. Mongolian gerbils were divided into H. pyloriinfected and PBS-inoculated groups. Thereafter, they were divided again into 4 hours-WIRS and no WIRS subgroups. After treatment, the severity of pathological changes was evaluated in a same manner with previous duration-determining experiment. When the animals were exposed to WIRS, the UI was significantly higher in the infected group than in the uninfected group. These results suggested that the established gerbil-WIRS model in this study enhanced effectively the severity of pathogenic changes in the H. pylori-infected Mongolian gerbils and could be used as an useful tool for in vivo comparison of pathogenicity of H. pylori strains.
- Figura, N., Guglielmetti, P., Rossolini, A., Barberi, A., Cusi, G., Musmanno, R. A., Russi, M. and Quaranta, S. Cytotoxin production by campylobacter pylori strains isolated from patients with chronic gastritis only. J. Clin. Microbiol. 1989, 27, 225-226
- Honda, S., Fujioka, T., Tokieda, M., Satoh, R, Nishizono, A. and Nasu, M. Development of Helicobacter pylori induced-gastric carcinoma in Mongolian gerbils. Cancer. Res. 1998, 58, 4255-4259
- Marshall, B. J. The future of Helicobacter pylori eradication: a personal perspective. Aliment. Pharmacol. Ther. 1997, 1(Suppl.), 109-115
- Newell, D. G. Virulence factors of Helicobacter pylori. Scand. J. Gastroenterol. Suppl. 1991, 187, 31-38
- Xiang, Z., Censini, S., Bayeli, P. F., Telford, J., Figura, N., Rppuoli, R. and Covacci, A. Analysis of expression of cagA and vacA virulence factor in 43strains of Helicobacter pylori reveals that clinical isolates can be divided into two major types and that cagA is not necessary for expression of the vacuolatingcytotoxin. Infect. Immun. 1995, 63, 94-98
- Hansson, L. E., Nyren, O., Hsing, A. W., Bergstrom, R., Josefsson, S., Chow, W. H., Fraumeni, J. F. and Adami, H. O. The risk of stomach cancer in patientswith gastric or duodenal ulcer disease. N. Engl. J. Med. 1996, 335, 242-249
- Hahm, K. B., Lee, K. M., Kim, Y. B., Han, S. U. and Kim, M. W. Animal models of Helicobacter pylori infection. Korean J. Gastroenterol. 2001, 37, 399-405
- Ito, Y., Azuma, T., Ito, S., Miyazi, H., Hirai, M., Yamazaki, Y., Sato, F., Kato, T., Kohli, Y. and Kuriyama, M. Analysis and typing of the vacA gene from cagA-positive strains of Helicobacter pylori isolated in Japan. J. Clin. Microbiol. 1997, 35, 1710-1714
- Spiegelhalder, C., Gerstenecker, B., Kerstem, A., Schiltz, E. and Kist, M. Purification of Helicobacter pylori superoxide dismutase and cloning and sequencing of the gene. Infect. Immun. 1993, 61, 5315-5325
- Eaton K. A., Morgan, D. R. and Krakowks, S. Essential role of urease in pathogenesis of gastritis induced by Helicobacter pylori in gnotobiotic piglets.Infect. Immun. 1991, 59, 2470-2475
- Ho, S. A., Hoyle, J. A., Lewis, F. A., Secker, A. D., Cross, D., Mapstone, N. P., Dixon, M. F., Wyatt, J. I., Tompkins, D. S., Tayler, G. R. and Quirke, P. Direct polymerase chain reaction test for detection of Helicobacter pylori in humans and animals. J. Clin. Microbiol. 29, 2543-2549, 1991
- Takagi, K. and Okabe, S. The effects of drugs on the production and recovery processes of the stress ulcer. Jpn. J. Pharmacol. 1968, 18, 9-18
- Jung, T. S., Kang, S. C., Choi, Y. J., Jeon, B. S., Park, J. W., Jung, S. A., Song, J. Y., Choi, S. H., Park, S. G., Choe, M. Y., Lee, B. S., Byun, E. Y., Baik, S. C., Lee, W. K., Cho, M. J., Youn, H. S., Ko, G. H. and Rhee, K. H. Two-dimensional gel Electrophoresis of Helicobacter pylori for Proteomic Analysis. J. Korean Soc. Microbiol. 2000, 35, 97-108
- Tummuru, M. K. R., Cover, T. L. and Blaer, M. J. Cloning and expression of a high-molecular-mass major antigen of Helicobacter pylori: evidence for linkage to cytotoxin production. Infect. Immun. 1993, 61, 1799-1809
- Ahn, Y. O., Park, B. J., Yoo, K. Y., Kim, N. K., Lee, J. K., Ahn, H. S., Kang, D. H., Kim, H., Lee, M. S. and Park, T. S. Incidence estimation of stomach cancer among Koreans. J. Korean Med. Sci. 1991, 6, 7-14
- Marshall, B. J. and Warren, J. R. Unidentified curved bacilli in the stomach of patients with gastric and peptic ulceration. Lancet. 1984, 1, 1311-1315
- Baik, S. C., Kim, J. B., Cho, M. J., Kim, Y. C., Park, C. K., Ryou, H. H., Choi, H. J. and Rhee, K. H. Prevalence of Helicobacter pylori infection among normal Korean adults. J. Korean Soc. Microbiol. 1990, 25, 455-462
- Lee, S. H., Lim, C. Y., Lee, K. H., Yeo, S. J., Kim, B. J., Kim, S. J., Cho, M. J., Rhee, K. H. and Kook, Y. H. rpoB Gene analysis of Helicobacter pylori. J. Korean Soc. Microbiol 1999, 34, 401-408
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기