Numerical Evaluation of Flow and Performance of Turbo Pump Inducers
Steady state flow calculations are executed for turbo-pump inducers of modern design to validate the performance of Tascflow code. Hydrodynamic performance of inducers is evaluated and structure of the passage flow and leading edge recirculation are also investigated. Calculated results show good coincidence with experimental data of static pressure performance and velocity profiles over the leading edge. Upstream recirculation, tip leakage and vortex flow at the blade tip and near leading edge are main sources of pressure loss. Amount of pressure loss from the upstream to the leading edge corresponds to that of whole pressure loss through the blade passage. The viscous loss is considerably large due to the strong secondary flow. There appears more stronger leading edge recirculation for the backswept inducer, and this increases the pressure loss. However, blade loading near the leading edge is considerably reduced and cavitation inception delayed.
- Yoshida, Y., Tsujimoto, Y., Kataoka, D. et al., 2000, 'Effects of Alternate Leading Edge Cutback on Unsteady Cavitation in 4-Bladed Inducers,' FED SM2000-11034
- Tsujimoto, Y. and Yoshida, Y., 1998, 'Flow Field Measurement at Inlet of 4 Bladed Inducer Using LDV,' Domestic Report of Osaka University
- Tsujimoto, Y., Yoshida, Y., Acosta, A. J., Azuma, S. and Laffite, S., 2001, 'Effects of Leading Edge Swept on Unsteady Cavitation in Inducers,' Trans. of JSME, 67(656) B, pp. 903-910
- Yokota, K., Kurahara, K., Kataoka, D. and Tsujimoto, Y., 1999, 'A Study of Swirling Backflow and Vortex Structure at the Inlet of an Inducer,' JSME International Journal, Series B, Vol. 42. No. 3
- Moore, J., Doan, Andrew, W. and Moore, Joan G., 1995a, 'Performance Evaluation of Rocket Pump Inducers Using a Navier-Stokes Flow Code. Part 1 : 3-D Flow and Inlet Recirculation,' FED-Vol. 227, Numerical Simulations in Turbomachinery
- Moore, J., Doan, Andrew, W. and Moore, Joan G., 1995b, 'Performance Evaluation of Rocket Pump Inducers Using a Navier-Stokes Flow Code. Part 2 : Work Contributions and Pump Characteristics,' FED-Vol. 227, Numerical Simulations in Turbomachinery
- Moore, J., Le Fur, T. and Moore, J. G., 1990, Computational Study of 3-D Turbulent Air Flow in a Helical Rocket Pump Inducer,' AIAA Paper 90-2123
- Tanaka, T., 1980, 'An Experimental Study of Backflow Phenomena in a High Specific Speed Propeller Pump,' ASME Paper No, 80-FE-6
- AEA Technology, 1999, CFX-TASCflow user's documentation, version 2.9
- George Bache, 1994, 'Navier-Stokes Computations for The Complex 3D Flow Fields of Inducers and Centrifugal Impellers,' Fifth Int. Symp. on Transport Phenomena and Dynamics in Rotation Machinery, May
- Howard, J. H. G., Tropea, C., Almahroos, H. M. H. and Roeber, T. W., 1987, 'LDV Measurements of the Axial Velocity Field Within and Ahead of an Axial Pump Inducer at Off-Design Flow Rate,' Proceedings of the ASME/JSME Thermal Engineering Conference, Vol. 2, pp. 63-69
- Jackson, E. D. and Cook, R. M., 1983, 'Test of SSME Low Pressure Pump in Liquids at Zero Throughflow,' ASME, Performance Characteristics of Hydraulic Turbines and Pumps, pp. 179-185
저자의 다른 논문
- 2002 "터보펌프 인듀서의 유동 및 성능의 수치적 평가" 유체기계저널 = Journal of fluid machinery 5 (2): 22~28
- 2003 "재생펌프의 유동해석 및 누설유동에 관한 연구" 大韓機械學會論文集. Transactions of the Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers. B. B 27 (8): 1015~1022
- 2004 "소형 재생펌프의 3차원 성능 해석에 관한 연구" 大韓機械學會論文集. Transactions of the Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers. B. B 28 (12): 1600~1607
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기