Pressure Drop in Motionless Mixers
A motionless mixer consists of a straight pipe or transfer tube containing the mixing elements that are used to cut, fold, twist, and re-combine the mixing fluid. The number of elements and their shape required in any application depend on the complexity of the mixing process. The objectives of this study are to develop new motionless mixers and to perform the experimental investigation of pressure drop in order to evaluate the performance of the new ones. Glycerin is used as a mixing fluid. Pressure drop is measured using a hydraulic manometer and correlations of friction factor are proposed as a function of Re. The friction factors of Sulzer SMX mixer are in qualitative good agreement with the published data. On the average, the friction factors of SSC and YNU mixers are about 36% lower than and 6% higher than that of the Sulzer one.
- Shah, N. F. and Kale, D. D., 1991, 'Pressure Drop for Laminar Flow of Non-Newtonian Fluids in Static Mixers,' Chem. Eng. Sci., Vol. 46, pp. 2159-2161
- Sir, J. and Lecjaks, Z., 1982, 'Pressure Drop and Homogenization Efficiency of a Motionless Mixer,' Chem. Eng. Commun., Vol. 16, pp. 325-334
- Myers, K. J., Bakker, A. and Ryan, D., 1997, 'Avoid Agitation by Selecting Static Mixers,' Chem. Eng. Prog., Vol. 93, No. 6, pp. 28-38
- Pahl, M. H. and Muschelknautz, E., 1982, 'Static Mixers and Their Application,' Int. Chem. Eng., Vol. 22, No. 2, pp. 197-205
- Rauline, D, Tanguy, P. A., Belvec, J. L. and Bousquet, J., 1998, 'Numerical Investigation of the Performance of Several Static Mixers,' The Canadian J. of Chem. Eng., Vol. 76, pp. 527-535
- Kalbitz, H., 1990, 'Effect of Static Mixer on the Flow, Heat Transfer and Pressure Drop in Tube Heat Exchanger,' Ph. D Thesis of University of Braunschweig (TU), Braunschweig, Germany
- Li, H. Z., Fasol, C. H. and Choplin, L., 1996, 'Hydrodynamics and Heat Transfer of Rheologically Complex Fluids in a Sulzer SMX Static Mixer,' Chem. Eng. Sci., Vol. 51, No. 10, pp. 1947-1955
- Bauman, I., 2001, 'Solid-Soild Mixing with Static Mixers,' Chem. Biochem. Eng., Vol. 15, No. 4, pp. 159-165
- Chandra, K. G. and Kale, D. D., 1992, 'Pressure Drop for Laminar Flow of Viscoelastic Fluids in Static Mixers,' Chem. Eng. Sci., Vol. 47, pp. 2097-2100
- Cybulski, A. and Werner, K., 1986, 'Static Mixers-Criteria for Applications and Selection,' Int. Chem. Eng., Vol. 26, pp. 171-180
- Hobbs, D. M., 1997, 'Characterization of a Kenics Static Mixer Under Laminar Flow Conditions,' Ph. D. Thesis, The State University of New Jersey
- Jaffer, S. A. and Wood, P. E., 1998, 'Quantification of Laminar Mixing in the Kenics Static Mixer : An Experimental Study,' The Canadian J. of Chem. Eng., Vol. 76, pp. 516-521
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (4)
- Park Sang-Kyoo ; Yang Hei-Cheon ; Jeon Jun-Chul 2006. "Pressure Loss and Heat Transfer Characteristics of Heat Exchanger Using Static Mixing Technology" 한국마린엔지니어링학회지 = Journal of the Korean Society of Marine Engineering, 30(1): 65~72
- Yang, Hei-Cheon 2007. "Development and Application of Static Mixer" 한국마린엔지니어링학회지 = Journal of the Korean Society of Marine Engineering, 31(5): 506~513
- Yang, Hei-Cheon ; Park, Jeong-Il 2008. "Characteristics of Pressure Drop in SMX Type Motionless Mixers" 大韓機械學會論文集. Transactions of the Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers. B. B, 32(6): 479~486
- Kim, Dong-Jun ; Park, Sang-Kyoo ; Yang, Hei-Cheon 2014. "Performance characteristics of inline mixing and coagulation system" 한국마린엔지니어링학회지 = Journal of the Korean Society of Marine Engineering, 38(3): 269~275
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기