ICSID의 투자분쟁 해결구조에 관한 고찰
A Study on Settlement of Investment Disputes under ICSID Mechanism
Settlement of investment disputes is quite different from that of commercial disputes arising from ordinary commercial transactions in view of disputing parties, applicable laws and rules, etc.. Therefore, it is very important to consider the Convention on the Settlement of Investment Disputes between States and Nationals of Other States(Washington Convention) of 1965. The creation of the International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes(ICSID), which was established under the Washington Convention, was the belief that an institution specially designed to facilitate the settlement of investment disputes between governments and foreign investors could help to promote increased flows of international investment. Pursuant to the Washington Convention, ICSID provides facilities for the conciliation and arbitration of disputes between member countries and investors who qualify as nationals of other member countries. Recourse to ICSID conciliation and arbitration is entirely voluntary. However, once the parties have consented to arbitration under the Washington Convention, neither can unilaterally withdraw its consent. Moreover, all Contracting States of the Washington Convention are required by the Convention to recognize and enforce ICSID arbitral awards. Provisions on ICSID arbitration are commonly found in investment contracts between governments of member countries and investors from other member countries. Advance consents by governments to submit investment disputes to ICSID arbitration can also be found in many bilateral investment treaties including the Korea-China Agreement on the Encouragement and Reciprocal Protection of Investments(1992), the Korea-Japan Agreement for the Liberalization, Promotion and Protection of Investment(2003) and the Korea-Chile FTA, the latter was signed as of February 15, 2003 and is still pending in the National Assembly for its ratification. Arbitration under the auspices of ICSID is similarly one of the main mechanism for the settlement of investment disputes under the bilateral treaties on investment. Therefore, it is a problem of vital importance that Korean parties interested in investment to foreign countries should understand and cope with the settlement mechanism of investment disputes under the Washington Convention and bilateral investment treaties.
저자의 다른 논문
- 1991 "국제상사중재제도(國際商事仲裁制度)의 법리(法理)와 전망(展望)에 관한 연구(硏究) -공산권국가(共産圈國家)와의 경제교류(經濟交流)에 따른 상사분쟁(商事紛爭)의 해결대책(解決對策)을 중심(中心)으로-" 仲裁學會誌 = The Korean arbitration review 1 (1): 45~108
- 1997 "대북한(對北韓) 투자분쟁(投資紛爭)의 해결(解決)에 관한 연구(硏究) - 나진·선봉지대를 중심으로 -" 仲裁學會誌 = The Korean arbitration review 7 (1): 447~469
- 1998 "신용상거래분쟁(信用狀去來紛爭)에서의 법원의 Injunction 적용기준(適用基準)" 仲裁學會誌 = The Korean arbitration review 8 (1): 323~352
- 2001 "남북분쟁 해결합의서 체결에 따른 중재협력의 과제" 仲裁學會誌 = The Korean arbitration review 11 (1): 3~35
- 2004 "남북상사중재위원회 운영의 효율화 방안 연구" 중재연구 = Journal of arbitration studies 14 (2): 3~46
- 2005 "상사분쟁 해결촉진을 위한 한-중 중재기관간 협력의 과제" 중재연구 = Journal of arbitration studies 15 (2): 61~91
- 2006 "남북한 상사분쟁의 해결에 관한 연구" 중재연구 = Journal of arbitration studies 16 (2): 3~49
- 2007 "한국에서의 외국중재판정의 승인과 집행" 중재연구 = Journal of arbitration studies 17 (3): 3~30
- 2007 "FTA하에서의 사적 상사분쟁의 해결" 중재연구 = Journal of arbitration studies 17 (1): 3~32
- 2008 "인천경제자유구역 국제중재센터 설립 및 운영방안" 중재연구 = Journal of arbitration studies 18 (1): 121~145
- DBPia : 저널
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 이용한 콘텐츠
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기