Adaptive Parallel Decomposition for Multidisciplinary Design
The conceptual design of a rotorcraft system involves many different analysis disciplines. The decomposition of such a system into several subsystems can make analysis and design more efficient in terms of the total computation time. Adaptive parallel decomposition makes the structure of the overall design problem suitable to apply the multidisciplinary design optimization methodologies and it can exploit parallel computing. This study proposes a decomposition method which adaptively determines the number and sequence of analyses in each sub-problem corresponding to the available number of processors in parallel. A rotorcraft design problem is solved and as a result, the adaptive parallel decomposition method shows better performance than other previous methods for the selected design problem.
- Park, H. W. 2003, 'A Parallel Decomposition Method for Multidisciplinary Design Optimization Based on a Multiobjective Genetic Algorithm,' Ph. D. Thesis, Hanyang University, School of Mechanical Engineering
- Rogers, J. L.and Barthelemy, J. -F. M., 1992, 'Enhancements to the Design Manager's Aid for Intelligent Decomposition (DeMAID),' AIAA paper No.92-4809
- Rogers, J. L., and Bioebaum, C. L. 1994, 'Ordering Design Tasks Based on Coupling Strength,' AIAA paper No. 94-4362
- Rogers, J. L., McCulley, C. M. and Bloebaum, C. L. 1999, 'Optimizing the Process Flow for Complex Design Projects,' Design Optimization : International Journal for Product & Process Improvement, Vol. 1, No. 3. pp. 281-292
- Vanderplaats, G. N. 1995, DOT Users Manual Version 4.20, Vanderplaats Research & Development, Inc.
- Kusiak, A. and Wang, J. 1993, 'Decomposition of the Design Process,' ASME Journal of Mechanical Design, Vol. 115, pp. 687-695
- Michelena, N. F. and Papalambros, P. Y. 1994, 'A Network Reliability Approach to Optimal Decomposition of Design Problems,' Advances in Design Automation, ASME, New York Vol. 2, pp. 195-204
- Park, H. W., Kim, M. S., Choi, D. H. and Mavris, D. N., 2002, 'Optimizing the Parallel Process Flow for the Individual Discipline Feasible Method,' 9th AIAA/ ISSMO Symposium and Exhibit on Multidisciplinary Analysis and Optimization, September 4-6
- Park, H. W., Kim, M. S., and Choi, D. H. 2003, 'A System Decomposition Tchnique Using a Multi-Objective Genetic Algorithm,' KSME, Vol. 27, No. 4, pp. 499-506
- Altus, S. S., Kroo, I. M. and Gage, P. J., 1995, 'A Genetic Algorithm for Scheduling and Decomposition of Multidisciplinary Design Problems,' Advances in design automation, ASME Paper 95-141
- Gen, M. and Cheng, R., 1997, 'Genetic Algorithms and Engineering Design, pp. 234-248
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (4)
- 2005. "" Journal of mechanical science and technology, 19(5): 1080~1086
- 2005. "" Journal of mechanical science and technology, 19(5): 1123~1130
- Yum Keun-Chul ; Lee Se Jung 2005. "Benchmarking of Design Optimization Frameworks In View of Excel Interface" 大韓機械學會論文集. Transactions of the Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers. A. A, 29(3): 403~410
- 2016. "" Journal of mechanical science and technology, 30(11): 5051~5062
저자의 다른 논문
- 2001 "Efficient Approximation Method for Constructing Quadratic Response Surface Model" KSME international journal 15 (7): 876~888
- 2001 "An Efficient Dynamic Response Optimization Using the Design Sensitivities Approximated Within the Estimate Confidence Radius" KSME international journal 15 (8): 1143~1155
- 2001 "Efficient Mechanical System Optimization Using Two-Point Diagonal Quadratic Approximation in the Nonlinear Intervening Variable Space" KSME international journal 15 (9): 1257~1267
- 2002 "Augmented D-Optimal Design for Effective Response Surface Modeling and Optimization" KSME international journal 16 (2): 203~210
- 2002 "A New Decomposition Method for Parallel Processing Multi-Level Optimization" KSME international journal 16 (5): 609~618
- 2002 "Kriging Interpolation Methods in Geostatistics and DACE Model" KSME international journal 16 (5): 619~632
- 2002 "Topological Design Sensitivity on the Air Bearing Surface of Head Slider" KSME international journal 16 (8): 1102~1108
- 2004 "Head Slider Designs Using Approximation Methods" KSME international journal 18 (1): 37~44
- 2004 "Shape Optimization of a Plate-Fin Type Heat Sink with Triangular-Shaped Vortex Generator" KSME international journal 18 (9): 1590~1603
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기