Effective Impulse Impedances of Deeply Driven Grounding Electrodes
This paper presents the characteristics of transient and effective impulse impedances for deeply driven grounding electrodes used in soil with high resistivity or in downtown areas. The laboratory test associated with the time domain performance of grounding piles subjected to a lightning stroke current has been carried out using an actual-sized model grounding system. The ground impedances of the deeply driven ground rods and grounding pile under impulse currents showed inductive characteristics, and the effective impulse ground impedance owing to the inductive component is higher than the power frequency ground impedance. Both power frequency ground impedance and effective impulse ground impedance decrease upon increasing the length of the model grounding electrodes. Furthermore, the effective impulse ground impedances of the deeply driven grounding electrodes are significantly amplified in impulse currents with a rapid rise time. The reduction of the power frequency ground impedance is decisive to improve the impulse impedance characteristics of grounding systems.
- IEEE Std 81.2-1991, 'IEEE Guide for Measurement of Impedance and Safety Characteristics of Large, Extended or Interconnected Grounding Systems', IEEE Inc., pp.17-31, Dec. 1991
- M. Ramamoorty, M. M. Babu Narayanan, S. Parameswaran and D. Mukhedkar, 'Transient Performance of Grounding Grids', IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, Vol.4, pp.2053-2058, No.4, Oct.1989
- R. Kosztaluk, M. Loboda and D. Mukhedkar, 'Experimental Study of Transient Ground Impedances', IEEE Transactions on Power Apparatus and Systems, Vol.PAS-100, No.11, pp.46534660, Nov., 1981
- S. Karaki, T. Yamajaki, K. Nojima, T. Yokota. H. Murase., H. Takahashi and S. Kojima, 'Transient Impedance of GIS Grounding Grid', IEEE Trans., Vol. PD-10, No. 2, pp.723-738, 1995
- T. Takahashi, 'A Part of Grounding for Lightning Protection Technique', J. of the Institute of Electrical Installation Engineers of Japan, Vol.9, pp.671-676, Sep. 1989
- J. H. Bogensperger, J. Frei and S. Pack, 'Resistance of Grounding Systems Stationary and Transient Behavior', Proc. 9th International Symposium on High Voltage Engineering, pp.6715. 1-4, Sep. 1995
- N. Fujimoto, E. P. Dick, S. A. Boggs, G. L. Ford, 'Transient Ground Potential Rise in Gas-Insulated Substations-Experimental Studies', IEEE Trans., Vol. PAS-101, No. 10, pp.3603-3609, 1982
- B. R. Gupta and B. Thapar, 'Impulse Impedance of Grounding Grids', IEEE Transactions on Power Apparatus and Systems, Vol.PAS-99, No.6, pp.214-218, Nov/Dec, 1980
- Z. Stojkovic, M.S. Savic, J.M. Nahman, D. Salamon and B. Bukorovic, 'Sensitivity Analysis of Experimentally Determined Grounding Grid Impulse Characteristics', IEEE Trans., Vol. PD-13, No. 4, pp.1136-1141, Oct. 1998
- B. H. Lee, J. S. Park and S. C. Lee, 'Experimental Investigations of Transient Impedances of Some Grounding Systems', 1997 Japan-Korea Joint Syms. ED & HVE, pp.237-240, Oct. 1997
- W. Xiong and F. P. Dawalibi, 'Transient Performance of Substation Grounding Systems Subjected to Lightning and Similar Surge Currents', IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, Vol.9, No.3, pp.1412 -1417, Jul. 1994
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (5)
- Lee, Bok-Hee ; Lee, Su-Bong ; Lee, Tae-Hyung ; Jung, Hyun-Uk ; Jeong, Dong-Cheol 2006. "Transient Ground Impedances According to Shapes of Grounding Electrodes" 照明·電氣設備學會論文誌 = Journal of the Korean Institute of Illuminating and Electrical Installation Engineers, 20(1): 65~70
- Lee, Bok-Hee ; Lee, Su-Bong ; Jeong, Dong-Cheol 2006. "Effects of the Length of Down Conductors on Transient Ground Impedances" 照明·電氣設備學會論文誌 = Journal of the Korean Institute of Illuminating and Electrical Installation Engineers, 20(4): 72~77
- Choi, Young-Chul ; Choi, Jong-Hyuk ; Lee, Bok-Hee ; Jeon, Duk-Kyu 2009. "Effects of Ac Mutual Coupling According to Location of Auxiliary Electrodes In Measuring the Ground Impedance of Vertically or Horizontally Buried Ground Electrode" 照明·電氣設備學會論文誌 = Journal of the Korean Institute of Illuminating and Electrical Installation Engineers, 23(8): 86~92
- Li, Feng ; Jung, Dong-Chul ; Kim, Jong-Ho ; Yoo, Jae-Duk ; Kim, Dong-Kyu ; Lee, Bok-Hee 2010. "Characteristics of Transient Grounding Impedances of Counterpoises Relevant to the Injected Point of Impulse Currents" 照明·電氣設備學會論文誌 = Journal of the Korean Institute of Illuminating and Electrical Installation Engineers, 24(5): 62~69
- Lee, Kang-Soo ; Lee, Bok-Hee 2011. "Characteristics of Grounding Impedances of Carbon Compound Grounding Electrodes" 照明·電氣設備學會論文誌 = Journal of the Korean Institute of Illuminating and Electrical Installation Engineers, 25(5): 54~60
- NDSL :
- DBPia : 저널
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기