Development of a 3-D Immersion Type Training Simulator
In the current age of the information oriented society in which we live, many people use PCs and are dependant on the databases provided by the network server. However, online data can be missed during the occurrence of a blackout and furthermore, power failure can greatly effect Power Quality. This has resulted in the trend of using interruption-free live-line work when trouble occurs in a power system. However, 83% of the population receives an electric shock experience when a laborer is performing interruption-free live-line work. In the interruption-free method, education and training problems have been pinpointed. However, there are few instructors to implement the necessary training. Furthermore, the trainees undergo only a short training period of just 4 weeks. In this paper, to develop a method with no restrictions on time and place and to ensure a reduction in the misuse of materials, immersion type virtual reality (or environment) technology is used. The users of a 3D immersion type VR training system can interact with the system by performing the equivalent action in a safe environment. Thus, it can be valuable to apply this training system to such dangerous work as 'Interruption-free live-line work exchanging COS (Cut-Out-Switch)'. In this program, the user carries out work according to instructions displayed through the window and speaker and cannot perform other tasks until each part of the task is completed in the proper sequence. The workers using this system can utilize their hands and viewpoint movement since they are in a real environment but the trainee cannot use all parts and senses of a real body with the current VR technology. Despite these weak points, when we consider the trends of improvement in electrical devices and communication technology, we can say that 3D graphic VR application has high potentiality.
- WorldToolKit Reference Manual, Release9, Engineering animation, Inc. Sense8 Product Line
- 3SPACE FASTRAK User’s Manual, Polhemus, 222.polhemus.com
- 5DT HMD 800 Series User’s Manual, Fifth Dimension Technologies, www.5DT.com
- Charles Petzold, 'Programming Windows',Compeople, 1998. 10.20
- Eder Arroyo, Jose Luis Los Arcos, ‘SRV: A VirtualReality Application to Electrical Substations Operation Training,’ in proc. IEEE International Conf. on Multimedia and Systems, June 1999, vol.1, pp. 07-11
- 5DT Data Glove 16 User’s Manual, Fifth Dimension Technologies, www.5DT.com
- Roland Holm, Erwin Stauder, Roland Wanger, Markus Pringlinger, Jens Volker, ‘ A Combined Immersive and Desktop Authoring Tool for Virtual Environment’, IEEE Virtual Reality Conference 2002, pp. 93-101, March 24, 2002
- A. Okapuu-von Veh, R. J. Marceau(M), A. Malowany (M), P. Desbiens, A. Daigle, E. Garant, R. Gauthier, A. Shaikh, J. C. Rizzi, ‘Design and Operation of a Virtual Operator-Training System,’ IEEE Trans. Power Systems, vol.11, pp. 1585-1591, Aug.1996
- NDSL :
- DBPia : 저널
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기