Proposing a New Method for Calculating Reactive Power Service Charges using the Reactive Power Market
With the advent of electric power systems moving from a vertically integrated structure to a deregulated environment, calculating reactive power service charges has become a new and challenging theme for market operators. This paper examines various methods for reactive power management adopted throughout various deregulated foreign and domestic markets and then proposes an innovative method to calculate reactive power service charges using a reactive power market in a wholesale electricity market. The reactive power market is operated based on bids from the generating sources and it settles on uniform prices by running the reactive OPF programs of the day-ahead electricity market. The proposed method takes into account recovering not only the costs of installed capacity but also the lost opportunity costs incurred by reducing active power output to increase reactive power production. Based on the result of the reactive OPF program, the generators that produce reactive power within the obligatory range do not make payments whereas the generators producing reactive power beyond the obligatory range receive compensation by the price determined in the market. A numerical sample study is carried out to illustrate the processes and appropriateness of the proposed method.
- Shangyou Hao, ‘A Study of Basic Bidding Strategy in Clearing Pricing Auctions’, IEEE Trans. on Power Systems, Vol.15, No.3, pp.975-980, Aug. 2000
- Daoyuan Zhang, Yajun Wang, and Peter B. Luh, ‘Optimization Based Bidding Strategies in the Deregulated Market’, IEEE Trans. on Power Systems, Vol.15, No.3, pp.981-986, Aug. 2000
- Hugh Rudnick, ‘‘Pioneering Electricity Reform in South America’’, IEEE Spectrum, pp.38-44, Aug. 1996
- P. F. Penner, Electric Utility Restructuring; A Guide to the Competitive Era: Public Utilities Reports Inc., Vienna Virginia, 1997
- Fusahuan Wen, and A. Kumar David, ‘Optimal Bidding Strategy and Modeling of Imperfect Information Among Generators’, IEEE Trans. on Power Systems, Vol.16, No.1, pp.15-21, Feb. 2001
- R. W. Ferrero, J. F. Rivera and S. M. Shahidehpour, ‘Application of Games with Incomplete Information for Pricing Electricity in Deregulated Power Pools’, IEEE Trans. on Power Systems, Vol.13, No.1, pp.184- 189, Feb. 1998
- Lance B. Cunningham, Ross Baldick, and Martin L. Baughman, ‘An Empirical Study of Applied Game Theory: Transmission Constrained Cournot Behavior’, IEEE Trans. on Power Systems, Vol.17, No.1, pp.166-172, Feb. 2002
- W. Vickrey, 'Counter Speculation, Auctions, and Competitive Sealed Tenders', Journal of Finance, Vol.16, pp.8-37, Mar. 1961
- M. G. Park, B. H. Kim, J. B. Park, and M. H. Jung, ‘Power Transaction Analysis Using Game Theory’, Trans. KIEE, Vol.49A, No.6, pp.266-271, Jun. 2000
- Xiaohong Guan, Yu-Chi (Larry) Ho, and Fei Lei, ‘An Ordinal Optimization Based Bidding Strategy for Electric Power Suppliers in the Daily energy Market’, IEEE Trans. on Power Systems, Vol.16, No.4, pp.788- 797, Nov. 2001
- F. Nishimura, R. D. Tabors, M. D. Illic, and J. R. Lacalle-Melero, ‘Benefit Optimization of Centralized and Decentralized Power Systems in a Multi-Utility Environment’, IEEE Trans. on PWRS, Vol.8, No.3, pp.1180-1186, Aug. 1993
- Prajit K. Dutta, Strategies and Games: The MIT Press, 1999
- K. H. Lee, ‘Mixed Strategy of Nash Equilibrium in Power Transaction with Constraints’, Trans. KIEE, Vol.51A, No.4, pp.196-201, Apr. 2002
- Allen J. Wood and Bruce F. Wollenberg, Power Generation, Operation, and Control: John Wiley & Sons Inc., 1996
- J. B. Park, B. H. Kim, J. H. Kim, M. H. Jung, and J. K. Park, ‘A Continuous Strategy Game for Power Transactions Analysis in Competitive Electricity Markets’, IEEE Trans. on Power Systems, Vol.16, No.4, pp.847-855, Nov. 2001
저자의 다른 논문
- 2002 "송전요금 결정을 위한 전력조류 추적법의 도입 및 효용성 검증" 전기학회논문지. The transactions of the Korean Institute of Electrical Engineers. A / A, 전력기술부문 51 (2): 53~58
- 2002 "계통연계 풍력발전 시스템의 최대출력 제어를 위한 PI 제어기의 성능 분석" 전기학회논문지. The transactions of the Korean Institute of Electrical Engineers. A / A, 전력기술부문 51 (8): 391~397
- 2004 "전력산업의 경쟁체제에서 유효전력 손실을 부하에 배분하는 방법" 照明·電氣設備學會論文誌 = Journal of the Korean Institute of Illuminating and Electrical Installation Engineers 18 (6): 114~120
- 2004 "Simulink에서 계통연계 풍력발전시스템의 전압변동 시뮬레이션" 전기학회논문지. The transactions of the Korean Institute of Electrical Engineers. A / A, 전력기술부문 53 (11): 589~595
- 2006 "무효전력시장을 이용한 무효전력서비스 요금 산정방법의 비교 및 새로운 방안" 照明·電氣設備學會論文誌 = Journal of the Korean Institute of Illuminating and Electrical Installation Engineers 20 (5): 78~84
- 2007 "배전계통의 보호협조측면에서 본 분산전원 연계용량 검토" 照明·電氣設備學會論文誌 = Journal of the Korean Institute of Illuminating and Electrical Installation Engineers 21 (3): 107~116
- 2008 "MATLAB/Simulink에서 계통연계 풍력발전시스템의 특성해석에 대한 시뮬레이션" 照明·電氣設備學會論文誌 = Journal of the Korean Institute of Illuminating and Electrical Installation Engineers 22 (8): 18~25
- 2011 "역률요금제도 개선 방향" 전기의 세계 = The proceedings of KIEE 60 (5): 27~33
- NDSL :
- DBPia : 저널
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기