PDAODMRP: An Extended PoolODMRP Based on Passive Data Acknowledgement
An ad hoc network is a multi-hop wireless network. Its limited bandwidth and frequently changing topology require that its protocol should be robust, simple, and energy conserving. We have proposed PoolODMRP to reduce its control overhead greatly by its one-hop local route maintenance. However, PoolODMRP still has some shortcomings. In this paper, we propose PDAODMRP (passive data acknowledgement ODMRP) to extend PoolODMRP. Compared with PoolODMRP, PDAODMRP has the following contributions: (1) It knows the status of its downstream forwarding nodes by route information collected from data packets instead of BEACON signal of MAC layer; (2) it max simplifies the route information collected from data packets by pool nodes; (3) it adopts a dynamic local route maintenance to enforce its local route maintenance; (4) it adopts the route evaluation policy of NSMP (neighbor supporting multicast protocol). Compared with PoolODMRP, PDAODMRP has lower control overhead, lower data delivery delay, and lower data overhead.
- T. Clausen et al., 'Optimized link state routing protocol (OLSR),' Internet Draft, IETF, Oct. 2001
- C. Perkins and P. Bhagwat, 'Highly dynamic destination-sequenced distance-vector routing (DSDV) for mobile computers,' in Proc. SlGCOMM' 94, vol. 24, Oct. 1994, pp. 234-244
- J. Broch et al., 'A performance comparison of multihop wireless ad hoc network routing protocols,' in Proc. ACM/IEEE MobiCom '98, Oct. 1998, pp.25-30
- P. Johansson et al., 'Scenario based performance analysis of routing protocols for mobile ad hoc networks,' in Proc. IEEE MobiCom '99, pp. 195-206
- S. Lee, W. Su, and M. Gerla, 'Ondemand multicast routing protocol(ODMRP) for ad hoc networks,' Internet Draft, IETF, July 2000
- S. Lee, W. Su, and M. Gerla, 'On-demand multicast routing protocol,' in Proc. IEEE WCNC99, Sept. 1999, pp. 1298-1302
- S. Ni et al., 'The broadcast storm problem in a mobile ad hoc network,' in Proc. ACM MobiCom'99, Aug. 1999, pp. 151-162
- S. Lee and C. Kim, 'A new wireless ad hoc multicast routing protocol,' Computer Networks, vol. 38, pp. 121-135, 2002
- Mobile Ad Hoc Network (MANET) Working Group, available at http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/manet-charter.html.
- C. W.Wu, Y.C. Tay, and C. K. Toh, 'Ad hoc multicast routing protocol utilizing increasing id-numbers (AMRIS) functional specification,' Internet Draft, IETF, Nov. 1998
- S. Paul, Multicasting on the Internet and Its Application, Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1998
- B. M. Leiner, D. L. Neison, and F. A. Tobagi, 'Issues in packet radio network design,' Proc. IEEE, vol. 75, pp. 6-20, Jan. 1987
- S. Corson and J. Macker, 'Mobile ad hoc networking (MANET) : Routing protocol performance issues and evaluation considerations,' RFC 2501, IETF, Jan. 1999
- S. Cai, X. Yang, and W. Yao, 'The comparison between PoolODMRP and PatchODMRP,' in Proc. IEEE ICON 2003, Sept. 2003, pp. 729-735
- E. Bommaiah et al., 'AMRoute : Ad hoc multicast routing protocol,' Internet Draft, IETF, Aug. 1998
- Wireless Adaptive Mobility Lab. DEPT of Compo. SCI, UCLA, 'GloMoSim: A scalable simulation environment for wireless and wired network system,' available at http://pcl.cs.ucla.edu/projects/domains/glomos im.html.
- C. Perkins, E. M. Royer, and S. R. Das, 'Ad hoc on-demand distance vector(AODV) routing,' Internet Draft, IETF, June 1999
- J. Jubin and J. D. Tornow, 'The DAPAR packet radio network protocols,' Proc. IEEE, vol. 75, pp. 21-32, Jan. 1987
- J. J. Garcia Luna Aceves and E. L. Mdrguga, 'The coreassisted mesh protocol,' IEEE J. Select. Areas Commun., vol.17, pp. 1380-1394, 1999
- M. Lee and Y. K. Kim, 'PatchODMRP : An ad hoc multicast routing protocol,' in Proc.ICIN 2001, 2001, pp. 537-543
- J. Broch, D. B. Johnson, and D. A. Maltz, The Dynamic Source Routing in Ad Hoc Wireless Networks, Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1996
- S. Lee, W. Su, and M. Gerla, 'Ad hoc wireless multicast with mobility prediction,' in Proc.IEEE ICCCN'99, Oct. 1999, pp. 4-9
- S. Cai, L. Wang, and X. Yang. 'An ad hoc multicast protocol based on passive data acknowledgement,' Computer Commun., vol. 27, pp. 1812-1824, 2004
- E. M. Royer and C. E. Perkins, 'Multicast ad hoc ondemand distance vector (MAODV) routing,' Internet Draft, IETF, 2000
- S. Lee et al., 'A performance comparison study of ad hoc wireless multicast protocols,' in Proc. INFOCOM 2000,2000, pp. 751-756
- IEEE Computer Society LAN MAN Standards Committee, Wireless LAN Medium Access Protocol (MAC) and Physical Layer (PHY) Specification, IEEE Std. 802.11, New York, 1997
- S. Cai and X. Yang, 'The performance of PooIODMRP,' in Proc. IEEE/IFlP MMNS 2003, Sept. 2003, pp. 90-101
- V. Park and S. Corson, 'Temporally ordered routing algorithm (TORA),' Internet Draft, IETF, Aug. 1998
- R. Dube, C. D. Rais, and K. Y. Wang, 'Signal stability-based adaptive routing (SSA) for ad hoc wireless network,' IEEE Pers. Commun., vol. 4, pp. 36-47, 1997
- G. Aggelou and R. Tafazolli, 'RDMAR : A bandwidth-efficient routing protocol for mobile ad hoc networks,' in Proc. ACM IWWMM'99, Aug. 1999, pp. 26-33
- C. Chiang, M. Gerla, and L. Zhang, 'Shared tree wireless network multicast,' in Proc. IEEE ICCCN'97, Sept. 1997, pp. 28-33
- S. Murthy and J. J. Garcia-Luna-Aceves, 'An efficient routing protocol for wireless networks,' ACM/Balzer Mobile Networks and Applications, vol. 1, pp. 183-197, 1996
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기