Mitigating the Impact of Mobility on H.264 Real-Time Video Streams Using Multiple Paths
One of the main problems associated with MANETs is that mobility and the associated route discovery and maintenance procedures of reactive routing protocols cause severe interruptions on real-time video streams. Some of these interruptions are too large to be concealed using any sort of video technology, resulting in communications breaks unpleasant for the final end user. We present a solution for enhanced video transmission that increases route stability by using an improved route discovery process based on the DSR routing protocol, along with traffic splitting algorithms and a preventive route discovery mechanism. We also present some video adaptative mechanisms that improve the overall performance of multipath routing in terms of video data replication and video packet splitting strategies. Combining our proposals, we achieve up to 97% less interruptions on communication with high mobility and over 1.2 dB of improvements in terms of video distortion.
- Draft ITU-T Recommendation and Final Draft International Standard of Joint Video Specification (ITU-T Rec. H.264 ISO/IEC 14496-10 AVC), Mar. 2003
- A. Nasipuri, R. Castaneda, and S. R. Das, 'Adaptive multipath source routing in ad hoc networks,' Performance of Multipath Routing for On-Demand Protocols in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks, pp. 339-349, 2001
- S. Lee and M. Gerla, 'Split multipath routing with maximally disjoint paths in ad hoc networks,' in Proc. IEEE ICC 2001, 2001, pp. 3201-3205
- Z. Ye, S. V. Krishnamurthy, and S. K. Tripathi, 'A framework for reliable routing in mobile ad hoc networks,' in Proc. IEEE INFOCOM 2003, San Francisco, USA, Apr. 2003
- C. T. Calafate and M. P. Malumbres, 'Testing the H.264 error resilience on wireless ad-hoc networks,' in Proc. 4-th EURASIP Conference focused on Video / Image Processing and Multimedia Communications, Zagreb, Croatia, July 2003
- C. T. Calafate, M. P. Malumbres, and P. Manzoni, 'Performance of H.264 compressed video streams over 802.llb based MANETs,' in Proc. ICDCSW 2004, Hachioji, Tokyo, Japan, Mar. 2004
- M. Marina and S. Das, 'On demand multipath distance vector routing in ad hoc networks,' in Proc. IEEE ICNP 2001, 2001, pp. 14-23
- L. Wang et al., 'Adaptive multipath source routing in ad hoc networks,' in Proc. ICC 2001, vol. 3, 2001, pp. 867-871
- C. T. Calafate, M. P. Malumbres, and P. Manzoni, 'A flexible and tunable route discovery mechanism for on-demand protocols,' in Proc. 12-th Euromicro Conference on Parallel. Distributed and Network based Processing, La Coruna, Spain, Feb. 2004
- J. Wu, 'An extended dynamic source routing scheme in ad hoc wireless networks,' in Proc. 35-th HICSS 2002, vol. 9, Big Island, Hawaii, Jan. 2002
- K. Fall and K. Varadhan, 'Ns notes and documents,' in The VINT Project, UC Berkeley, LBL, USC/ISI, and Xerox PARC, Feb. 2000
- D. B. Johnson, D. A. Maltz, and Y.-C. Hu, 'The dynamic source routing protocol,' in Internet Draft, MANET Working Group, draft-ietf-manet-dsr-10.txt, July 2004, work in progress
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기