A Taxonomy of Location Management in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks
Location management is difficult in ad hoc networks due to many features such as the lack of a wired infrastructure, the scarce energy, memory and processing capabilities of nodes, and nodes' movement which leads to a dynamic topology. These characteristics make the location management schemes designed for mobile cellular networks inefficient for ad hoc networks. New solutions for location management have therefore been proposed in the literature in the recent past. In this paper, a taxonomy of location management strategies is presented; some of the more interesting approaches proposed in the literature are critically discussed, highlighting their advantages and disadvantages.
- Z. J. Haas and B. Liang, 'Ad hoc mobility management with randomized database groups,' in Proc. IEEE ICC'99, June 1999
- L. Galluccio, G. Morabito, and S. Palazzo, 'Spontaneous group management in mobile ad hoc networks,' Wireless Networks (WINET). vol. 10, no. 4, July 2004
- T. Camp, J. Boleng, and L. Wilcox, 'Location information services in mobile ad hoc networks,' in Proc. IEEE ICC 2001, June 2001
- C. Maihofer, 'A survey of geocast routing protocols,' IEEE Surveys and Tutorials. vol. 6, no. 2, Apr. 2004
- Z. J. Haas and B. Liang, 'Ad hoc mobility management with uniform quorum systems,' IEEE/ACM Trans. Networking. vol. 7, no. 2, Apr. 1999
- J. P. Hubaux et al., 'Towards self organized mobile ad hoc networks: The terminodes project,' IEEE Commun. Mag., vol. 39, Jan. 2001
- I. F. Akyildiz et al., 'Mobility management in next generation wireless systems,' Proc. IEEE. vol. 87, no. 8, Aug. 1999
- I. Stojmenovic, Location Updates for Efficient Routing in Ad Hoc Wireless Networks, Handbook of Wireless Networks and Mobile Computing. John Wiley & Sons, 2002
- G. Chen and I. Stojmenovic, 'Clustering and routing in mobile wireless networks,' Technical Report TR-99-05, University of Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, June 1999
- J. Li et al., 'A scalable location service for geographic ad hoc routing,' in Proc. 6-th Annual ACM/IEEE Mobile Computing and Networking, Aug. 2000
- K. N. Amouris, S. Papavassiliou, and M. Li, 'A position based multizone routing protocol for wide area mobile ad hoc networks,' in Proc. VTC'99, Apr. 1999
- I. F. Akyildiz, W. Yen, and B. Yener, 'A new hierarchical routing protocol for dynamic multihop wireless networks,' in Proc. IEEE INFOCOM'97, Apr. 1997
- I. Stojmenovic, 'A routing strategy and.quorum based location update scheme for ad hoc wireless networks,' Technical Report TR-99-09, University of Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, Sept. 1999
- S. Capkun, M. Hamdi, and J. P. Hubaux, 'GPS-free positioning in mobile ad hoc networks,' in Proc. HICSS-34, Jan. 2001
- S. Basagni et al., 'A distance routing effect algorithm for mobility (DREAM),' in Proc. ACM/IEEE Mobicom'98, Oct. 1998
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기