Lateral buckling formula of stepped beams with length-to-height ratio factor
Lateral-torsional buckling moment resistances of I-shaped stepped beams with continuous lateral top-flange bracing under a single point load on the top flange and negative end moments were investigated. Stepped beam factors and a moment gradient correction factor suggested by Park et al. (2003, 2004) were used to develop new lateral buckling formula for beam designs. From the investigation of finite element analysis (FEA), new lateral buckling formula of beams with singly or doubly stepped member changes and with continuous lateral top-flange bracing subjected to a single point load on top flange and end moments were developed. The new design equation includes the length-to-height ratio factor to account for the increase of lateral-torsional buckling moment resistance as the increase of length-to-height ratio of stepped beams. The calculation examples for obtaining lateral-torsional buckling moment resistance using the new design equation indicate that engineers should easily determine the buckling capacity of the stepped beams.
- Helwig, T.A., Frank, K.H. and Yura, J.A. (1997), "Lateral-torsional buckling of singly symmetric I-beams", J. Struct. Engrg., ASCE, 123(9), 1172-1179.
- MSC/PATRAN (2000), Introduction to MSC PATRAN, version 9.0, The MacNeal-Schwindler Corporation, Los Angeles, CA.
- Park, J.S. (2002), "Lateral-torsional buckling of beams with top flange bracing", PhD Dissertation, Auburn University, Auburn, AL.
- Park, J.S. and Stallings, J.M. (2003), "Lateral-torsional buckling of stepped beams", J. Struct. Engrg., ASCE, 129(11), 1457-1465.
- Galambos, T.V. (1998), Guide to Stability Design Criteria for Metal Structures, Wiley, New York, NY.
- Timoshenko, S. and Gere, J. (1961), Theory of Elastic Stability, McGraw-Hill, New York.
- Park, J.S., Stallings, J.M. and Kang, Y.J. (2004), "Lateral-torsional buckling of prismatic beams with continuous top-flange bracing", J. Const. Steel Res., 60(2), 147-160.
- American Institute of Steel Construction (AISC) (1998), Load and Resistance Factor Design (LRFD), 2nd Edition, Chicago, Illinois
- MSC/NASTRAN (1998), Quick Reference Guide, Version 70.5, MacNeal-Schwindler Corporation, Los Angeles, CA.
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기