Energy-based seismic design of structures with buckling-restrained braces
A simplified seismic design procedure for steel structures with buckling-restrained braces (BRB) was proposed based on the energy balance concept and the equal energy assumption. The input seismic energy was estimated from a design spectrum, and the elastic and hysteretic energy were computed using energy balance concept. The size of braces was determined so that the hysteretic energy demand was equal to the hysteretic energy dissipated by the BRB. The validity of using equivalent single-degree-of-freedom systems to estimate seismic input and hysteretic energy demand in multi story structures with BRB was investigated through time-history analysis. The story-wise distribution pattern of hysteretic energy demands was also obtained and was applied in the design process. According to analysis results, the maximum displacements of the 3-story structure designed in accordance with the proposed procedure generally coincided with the target displacements on the conservative side. The maximum displacements of the 6- and 8-story structures, however, turned out to be somewhat smaller than the target values due to the participation of higher vibration modes.
- Leger, P. and Dussault, S. (1992),"Seismic-energy dissipation in MDOF structures", J. Struct. Eng., 118(5), 1251-1269.
- Riddell, R. and Garcia, J.E. (2001),"Hysteretic energy spectrum and damage control", Earthq. Eng. Struct. Dyn., 30(12), 1791-1816.
- Saeki, E., Maeda, Y., Nakamura, H., Midorikawa, M., and Wada, A. (1995),"Experimental study on practicalscale unbonded braces", J. Struct. Construct. Eng., 476, 149-158.
- SEAOC (2001),"Recommend provisions for buckling-restrained braced frames", in draft form, Structural Engineers Association of California, Sacramento, CA.
- Somerville, P., Smith, H., Puriyamurthala, S. and Sun, J. (1997),"Development of ground motion time histories for phase 2 of the FEMA/SAC steel project", SAC Joint Venture, SAC/BD-97/04.
- Tremblay, R., Degrange, D. and Blouin, J. (1999),"Seismic rehabilitation of a four-story building with a stiffened bracing system", Proc. of the 8th Canadian Conf. on Earthquake Engineering, Vancouver, 549-554.
- Tsai, K.C. and Li, J.W. (1997),"DRAIN2D+, A general purpose computer program for static and dynamic analyses of inelastic 2D structures supplemented with a graphic processor", Report No. CEER/R86-07, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan.
- Uang, C.M. and Bertero, V.V. (1988),"Use of energy as a design criterion in earthquake-resistant design", Report No. UCB/EERC-88/18, Earthquake Engineering Research Center, University of California at Berkeley.
- Vanmarcke, E.H. and Gasparini, D.A. (1976),"A program for artificial motion generation, user's manual and documentation", Department of Civil Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- Yamaguchi, M., et al., (2000),"Earthquake resistant performance of moment resistant steel frames with damper", Proc. of Behavior of Steel Structures in Seismic Areas, Balkema, Rotterdam.
- Akbas, B., Shen, J. and Hao, H. (2001),"Energy approach in performance-based seismic design of steel moment resisting frames for basic safety objective", The Structural Design of Tall Buildings, 10, 193-217.
- ATC (1996),"Seismic evaluation and retrofit of concrete buildings", ATC-40, Applied Technology Council, Redwood City, California.
- Black, C., Makris, N. and Aiken, I. (2002),"Component testing, stability analysis and characterization of buckling restrained braces", Final Report to Nippon Steel Corporation, Japan.
- Chou, C.C., and Uang, C.M. (2002),"Evaluation of site-specific energy demand for building structures", Seventh U.S. National Conference on Earthquake Engineering, Boston, Massachusetts.
- Estes, K.R. and Anderson, J.C. (2002),"Hysteretic energy demands in multistory buildings", Seventh U.S. National Conference on Earthquake Engineering, Boston, Massachusetts.
- Huang, Y.H., Wada, A., Sugihara, H., Narikawa, M., Takeuchi, T., and Iwata, M. (2000),"Seismic performance of moment resistant steel frame with hysteretic damper", Proc. of the Third Int. Conf. STESSA, Montreal, Canada.
- International code council (2000), 2000 International building code, Int. Conf. Building Officials.
- Iwata, M., Kato, T. and Wada, A. (2000),"Buckling-restrained braces as hysteretic dampers", Proc. of Behavior of Steel Structures in Seismic Areas, Balkema, Rotterdam.
- Leelataviwat, S., Goel, S.C. and Stojadinovic, B. (2002),"Energy-based seismic design of structures using yield mechanism and target drift", J. Struct. Eng., 128(8), 1046-1054.
저자의 다른 논문
- 1998 "점탄성 감쇠기를 설치한 건물의 모드해석" 전산 구조 공학 = Journal of the Computational Structural Engineering Institute of Korea 11 (1): 171~178
- 1998 "부분모드 방법을 이용한 점탄성 감쇠기가 설치된 건물의 고유치 해석" 한국지진공학회논문집 = Journal of the Earthquake Engineering Society of Korea 2 (1): 71~78
- 1998 "Analysis of a Building Structure with Added Viscoelastic Dampers" 한국지진공학회논문집 = Journal of the Earthquake Engineering Society of Korea 2 (3): 27~35
- 1998 "동조질량 감쇠기에 의한 건물 바닥판의 연직진동제어" 한국지진공학회논문집 = Journal of the Earthquake Engineering Society of Korea 2 (4): 103~114
- 1999 "부분구조법에 의한 건축물의 국부진동해석" 한국전산구조공학회논문집 = Journal of the computational structural engineering institute of Korea 12 (1): 57~66
- 1999 "점탄성감쇠기를 설치한 비비례 감쇠 구조물의 풍응답 해석" 한국전산구조공학회논문집 = Journal of the computational structural engineering institute of Korea 12 (4): 649~659
- 1999 "복소모드중첩법을 이용한 점탄성감쇠기를 가진 고층건물의 효율적인 동적해석" 한국전산구조공학회논문집 = Journal of the computational structural engineering institute of Korea 12 (4): 671~679
- 2000 "고층건물의 진동제어를 위한 점탄성 감쇠기의 활용" 한국지진공학회논문집 = Journal of the Earthquake Engineering Society of Korea 4 (1): 77~88
- 2000 "점탄성 감쇠기가 설치된 철골조 건물의 비탄성 해석" 한국전산구조공학회논문집 = Journal of the computational structural engineering institute of Korea 13 (2): 271~278
- 2000 "An efficient modeling technique for floor vibration in multi-story buildings" Structural engineering and mechanics : An international journal 10 (6): 603~619
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기