Non-linear analysis of composite steel-concrete beams with incomplete interaction
The flexibility of the connection between steel and concrete largely influences the global behaviour of the composite beam. Therefore the way the connection is modelled is the key issue in its structural analysis. Here we present a new strain-based finite element formulation in which we consider non-linear material and contact models. The computational efficiency and accuracy of the formulation is proved with the comparison of our numerical results with the experimental results of Abdel Aziz (1986) obtained in a full-scale laboratory test. The shear connectors are assumed to follow a non-linear load-slip relationship proposed by Ollgaard et al. (1971). We introduce the notion of the generalized slip, which offers a better physical interpretation of the behaviour of the contact and gives an additional material slip parameter. An excellent agreement of experimental and numerical results is obtained, using only a few finite elements. This demonstrates that the present numerical approach is appropriate for the evaluation of behaviour of planar composite beams and perfect for practical calculations.
- Girhammar, U.A., Gopu, V.K.A. (1993),"Composite beam-columns with interlayer slip-exact analysis", J. Struct. Eng., ASCE, 119(4), 1265-1282.
- Newmark, N.M., Siess, C.P. and Viest, I.M. (1951),"Test and analysis of composite beams with incomplete interaction", Proc. Soc. for Experimental Stress Analysis, 9, 75-92.
- Ollgaard, J.G., Slutter, R.G. and Fisher, J.W. (1971),"Shear strength of stud connectors in lightweight and normal weight concrete", AISC Eng. Journal, 8, 55-64.
- Planinc, I. (1998),"A quadratically convergent methods of critical points determination of structures", PhD Thesis (in Slovene), University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Civil and Geodetic Engineering.
- Ranzi, G., Bradford, M.A. and Uy, B. (2003),"A general method of analysis of composite beams with partial interaction", Steel and Composite Structures, 3(3), 169-184.
- Razaqpur, A.G. and Nofal, M. (1989),"A finite element for modeling the nonlinear behavior of shear connectors in composite structures", Comput. & Struct., 32(1), 169-174.
- Robinson, H. and Naraine, K.S. (1988),"Slip and uplift effects in composite beams", Proc. of ASCE Engineering Foundation Conference on Composite Construction.
- Salari, R., Spacone, E., Shing, P.B. and Frangopol, D.M. (1998),"Nonlinear analysis of composite beams with deformable shear connectors", J. Struct. Eng., ASCE 124(10), 1148-1158.
- Vratanar, B. and Saje, M. (1998),"A consistent equilibrium in a cross-section of an elastic-plastic beam", Int. J. Solids Struct., 36, 311-337.
- Wegmuller, A.W. and Amer, H.N. (1997),"Nonlinear response of composite steel-concrete bridges", Comput. & Struct., 7(2), 161-169.
- Abdel Aziz, K. (1986),"Modelisation et etude experimentale de poutres mixtes acier-beton a connexion partielle ou espace", PhD Thesis, Institut National des Sciences Appliquees des Rennes.
- Adekola, A.O. (1968),"Partial interaction between elastically connected elements of a composite beam", Int. J. Solids Struct., 4, 1125-1135.
- Aribert, J.M. and Abdel Aziz, K. (1985),"Calcul des poutres mixtes jusqu'a l'etat ultime avec un effet de soulevement a l'interface acier-beton", Constr. Metallique, 4, 3-41.
- Ayoub, A. and Filippou, F.C. (2000),"Mixed formulation of nonlinear steel-concrete composite beam element", J. Struct. Eng., ASCE 126(3), 371-381.
- Ayoub, A. (2001),"A two-field mixed variational principle for partially connected composite beams", Finite Element in Analysis and Design, 37, 929-959.
- Bratina, S., Saje, M. and Planinc, I. (2003),"On materially and geometrically non-linear analysis of reinforcedconcrete planar frames", Int. J. Solids Struct., 41, 7181-7207.
- Cas, B. (2004),"Non-linear analysis of composite beams with interlayer slip", PhD Thesis (in Slovene), University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Civil and Geodetic Engineering.
- Cas, B., Saje, M. and Planinc, I. (2004),"Non-linear finite element analysis of composite planar frames with interlayer slip", Comput. & Struct., accepted for publication.
- Dall'Asta, A. and Zona, A. (2002),"Non-linear analysis of composite beams by displacement approach", Comput. & Struct., 80, 2217-2228.
- Daniel, B.J. and Crisinel, M. (1993),"Composite slab behavior and strength analysis. Part I: Calculation procedure", J. Struct. Eng., ASCE 119(1), 16-35.
- Desayi, P. and Krishnan, S. (1964),"Equation for the stress-strain curve of concrete", J. Am. Concrete Institute, 61, 345-350.
- Fabbrocino, G., Manfredi, G. and Cosenza, E. (1999),"Non-linear analysis of composite beams under positive bending", Comput. & Struct., 70, 77-89.
- Fabbrocino, G., Manfredi, G. and Cosenza, E. (2000),"Analysis of continuous composite beams including partial interaction and bond", J. Struct. Eng., ASCE 126(11), 1288-1294.
- Gattesco, N. (1999),"Analytical modeling of nonlinear behavior of composite beams with deformable connection", J. Constr. Steel Research, 52, 195-218.
- Gattesco, N. and Giuriani, E. (1996),"Experimental study on stud shear connectors subjected to cyclic loading", J. Constr. Steel Research, 38(1), 1-21.
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기