Sensitivity Analysis of Fabrication Parameters for Dry Process Fuel Performance Using Monte Carlo Simulations
This study examines the sensitivity of several fabrication parameters for dry process fuel, using a random sampling technique. The in-pile performance of dry process fuel with irradiation was calculated by a modified ELESTRES code, which is the CANDU fuel performance code system. The performance of the fuel rod was then analyzed using a Monte Carlo simulation to obtain the uncertainty of the major outputs, such as the fuel centerline temperature, the fission gas pressure, and the plastic strain. It was proved by statistical analysis that for both the dry process fuel and the $UO_2$ fuel, pellet density is one of the most sensitive parameters, but as for the fission gas pressure, the density of the $UO_2$ fuel exhibits insensitive behavior compared to that of the dry process fuel. The grain size of the dry process fuel is insensitive to the fission gas pressure, while the grain size of the $UO_2$ fuel is correlative to the fission gas pressure. From the calculation with a typical CANDU reactor power envelop, the centerline temperature, fission gas pressure, and plastic strain of the dry process fuel are higher than those of the $UO_2$ fuel.
- Generation 4 Roadmap - Report of the Fuel Cycle Crosscut Group, DOE, FCCG Summary Rpt FR02-00, November 1, (2001)
- H.S. Park, et al.,' The DUPIC Fuel Cycle Alternatives: Status & Perspective,' Proceedings of the 10th PBNC, 1996, Kobe, Japan
- M.S. Yang, et al., 'Characteristics of DUPIC Fabrication Technology,' Proc. Int. Conf. Future Nuclear Systems: Challenge towards Second Nuclear Era with Advanced Fuel Cycles. Gobal' 97, p.535, 1997,Yokohama, Japan
- K.C. Song, et al., Irradiation Tests and Performance Evaluation of DUPIC Fuel, KAERI/RR- 2236/2001, MOST, Korea (2001)
- A. Saltelli, et.al., Sensitivity Analysis, John Wiley & Sons Ltd., (2000)
- C.J. Park, et al., 'Development of an Optimization Method for Fuel Design Parameters Using Sampling Techniques,' Proc. Korean Nuclear Society, Kyung-ju, Korea (2003).(CD-Rom)
- I.E. Oldaker and M. Gacesa, Fuel Design Manual for CANDU 6 Reactor, DM-XX-37000-001, AECL, Canada (1989)
- K.H. Kang, et al., 'The Thermal Conductivity of Simulated DUPIC Fuel,' J. Nucl. Sci. Tech., Suppl, 3, 776 (2002)
- H.C. Suk, et.al., ELESTRES.M11K Program Users' Manual and Description, KAERI/TR-320/92, Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute, (1992)
- K.S. Sim, et.al., Modification of ELESTRES Code with New Database of Flux Depression across the Pellet Radius, KAERI/TR-485/94, Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute, (1994)
- D. Vose, Quantitative Risk Analysis: A Guide Monte Carlo Simulation Method, John Wiley & Sons, New York, (1996)
- D.R. Olander, Fundamental Aspects of Nuclear Reactor Fuel Elements, Technical Information Center, U.S. Department Energy. (1976)
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기