A Feasibility Study on the Application of Safety Assessment to the Fishing Vessels
The current paper deals with the safety of fishing vessels, which needs more speculations than other ship types. The characteristics of accidents of fishing vessels are rather different compared with other commercial vessels. In the context, the methodology of the formal safety assessment, one of the important issues in the maritime world to enhance the safety of marine vehicles, are reviewed and consulted along with other methodologies to see its applicability for fishing vessels. It is anticipated that further effective measures for better safety of fishing vessels can be identified including due considerations of the aspect of human elements, i.e. cultural environment.
- Bell, D. 1996. Towards Rationality in Regulations, SEAWAYS, September
- Choi, H.J. 1996. A study on marine accidents of fishing vessel and those prevention. Proc. of the Annual Autumn Meeting, SNAK, Korean, November
- Helmreich, R.L. and A.C. Merritt. 1998. Culture at Work in Aviation and Medicine: National, Organizational and Professional Influences, Ashgate
- IMO 2002. Guidelines for Formal Safety Assessment (FSA) for Use in IMO Rule Making Process. MSC/Circ.1023, MEPC/Circ.392, April
- IMO 1995. Proceedings of the FSA Seminar. Marine Safety Agency
- Transportation Safety Board(TSB) of Canada, for Risk Mitigation, http://www. Itsasafety.org/data/2002/Glasgow Paper-Rich Text.pdf
- ILO 1999. Safety and health in the fishing industry. Report for Discussion at the Tripartite Meeting on Safety and Health in the Fishing Industry
- Vassalos, D., I. Oestvik and D. Konovessis. 2000. Design for safety: development and application of a formalised methodology. SOTECH, 4, 4, 1-18
- Wiseman, M. 2002. Fishing Vessel Safety, a SARSCENE Presentation. Fisheries and Oceans Canada
- USCG 2000 Risk Based Decision Making Guidelines
- Spitzer, J.D. 1999. Fishing Vessel Causality Task Force Report. USCG
- Yeo, l.C, 1997. On the FSA. Proc. of the Annual Autumn Meeting, SNAK, November(in Korean)
- Ayeko, M. 2002. Integrated Safety Investigation Methodology(ISIM) - Investigating for Risk Mitigation, Transportation Safety Board(TSB) of Canada, http://www. itsasafety. org/data/2002/Glasgow-Papec- Rich Text.pdf
- Pillay, A. 2001. Formal Safety Assessment of Fishing Vessels. PhD thesis, School of Eng., LJMU
- Kwon, Y.S. 1995. A Statistical investigation on the marine accidents in Korea. J. the SNAK, 32,6, 12-18
- Kim, J.E. 1999. An Introduction of FSA; its meaning and effects. The 'Hae-Gi' monthly/association bulletin, Korea Marine Officers Association, 391
- MAIB 2002. Report on the Analysis of Fishing Vessel Accident Data 1992 to 2002, UK
- Kuo, C. 1998. Managing Ship Safety. LLP Reference Publishing
- NDSL :
- 한국학술정보 : 저널
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기