Calculation of Welding Deformations by Simplified Thermal Elasto-plastic Analysis
Welding deformations injure the beauty of appearance of a structure, decrease its buckling strength and prevent increase of productivity. Welding deformations of real structures are complicated and the accurate prediction of welding deformations has been a difficult problem. This study proposes a method to predict the welding deformations of large structures accurately and practically based on the simplified thermal elasto-plastic analysis method. The proposed method combines the inherent strain theory with the numerical or theoretical analysis method and the experimental results. The weld joint is assumed to be divided into 3 regions such as inherent strain region, material softening region and base metal region. Characteristic material properties are used in structural modeling and analysis for reasonable simplification. Calculated results by this method show good agreement with the experimental results. It was proven that this method gives an accurate and efficient solution for the problem of welding deformation calculation of large structures.
- Framasoft+CSI 1995. SYSWELD Technical Description. Paris, La Defense
- Masubuchi, K. 1980. Analysis of Welded Structures. Pergamon Press, 148-188
- Seo, S.I. and J.G. Noh. 2003. Development of a system for prediction and visualization of welding deformation of stiffened plates. J. of Ship Production, 19, 2, 84-90
- Hibbit, Karlsson and Sorensen Inc. 1993. ABAQUS User's Manual. Farmington Hills, Michigan
- Watanabe, M. and S. Satoh. 1961. Effect of welding conditions on the shrinkage distortion in welded structural materials. Welding J., 40, 377s-384s
- Ueda, Y. and T. Yamakawa. 1973. Analysis of thermal elasto-plastic behavior of metals during welding by finite element analysis method. J. of the Japanese Welding Society, 42,6,567-577
- Fujimoto, T. 1971. Residual stresses in rectangular plates with slit-type butt welded joint. J. of the Japanese Welding Society, 40, 5, 459-473
- Moshaiov, A. and W.S. Vorus. 1987. The mechanics of the frame bending process: theory and applications. J. of Ship Research, 31, 4, 269-281
- Swanson Analysis System Inc. 1992. ANSYS User's Manual. Houston, Pennsylvania
- Jang, C.D. and S.1. Seo. 1995. A simplified method to estimate longitudinal deformations of built-up beams due to welding and heating. J. of Ship Research, 39, 2, 176-183
- Satoh, K. and T. Terasaki. 1976. Effect of welding conditions on welding deformations in welded structural materials. J. of the Japanese Welding Society, 45, 4, 302-308
- Timoshenko, S.P. and S. Woinowsky-Krieger. 1970. Theory of Plates and Shells. McGrawHill, 180-185
- Seo, S.1. and C.D. Jang. 1999. A study on the prediction of deformations of welded ship structures. J. of Ship Production, 15,2, 73-81
- NDSL :
- 한국학술정보 : 저널
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기