지대치 연결고정에 따른 편측성 후방연장 국소의치에서의 응력분포
EFFECTS OF ABUTMENT SPLINTING ON STRESS DISTRIBUTION IN UNILATERAL DISTAL EXTENSION RPD
Statement of problem: In distal extension removable partial denture, the preservation of health of abutment teeth are very important, but they are always subjected to unfavorable stress. Purpose: The purpose of this study was performed to investigate the effects of abutment splinting and design of direct retainer on the stress distribution of abutments in unilateral distal extension removable partial dentures. Material and method: Abutments were splinted by different method. In group 1, autment teeth were not splinted, in group 2, canine and 1st premolar were splinted, and in group 3, canine, 1st and 2nd premolars were all splinted. Three different types of direct retainer such as Akers clasp, RPI clasp, and wrought wire clasp were designed. Strain was measured with Switch & Balance Unit(SB-10, Measurement Group Instruments Division, Raleigh USA) and Strain Indicator(P-3500, Measurement Group Instruments Division, Raleigh, USA) 15kg of vertical and oblique loads was applied at central fossa of missing 2nd molar area. Results : The strain on lingual side of 2nd premolar was the greatest, and abutment splinting induced decrease of strain on buccolingual side of 2nd premolar. The strain of loaded area was decreased by abutment splinting and there was no statistical difference of strain between Group2 and Group 3, and strain on 2nd premolar in wrought wire clasp was the least. Conclusion: Within the limitations of this study, splinting of two distal abutment teeth is enough for stress distribution widely, and wrought wire clasp was more benefitable than others.
- Leupold RJ, Kratochvil FJ. An altered cast-procedure to improve tissue support for removable partial dentures. J Prosthet Dent 1965: 15:672-8
- Frechette A. Influence of partial denture design on distribution of forces on abutment teeth. J Prosthet Dent 1956:6: 195-212.
- Thompson WD, Kratochvil FJ, Caputo AA. Evaluation of photoelastic stress patterns produced by various designs of bilateral distal-extension removable partial dentures. J Prosthet Dent 1977: 38: 261-73
- Preiskel H, Precision retainers for free end saddle prostheses. Br Dent J 1969:127: 462-8
- El Charkawi HG, El Wakad MT. The effect of splinting on load distribution of extracoronal attachment with distal extension prosthesis in vitro. J Prosthet Dent 1996: 76: 315-20
- Levin B. Stressbreakers: A practical ap-proach. Dent Clin North Am 1979:23:7786
- Bickley RW. Combined splint-stress breaker removable partial denture. J Prosthet Dent 1969:21:509-12.
- Steffel VL. Fundamental principles involved in partial denture design. J AmDent Assoc 1951 :42:534
- Berg T, Angelo A, Caputo. Load transfer by a maxillary distal-extension removable partial denture with cap and ring extracoronal attachments. J Prosthet Dent 1992:68:784-9
- Silness J. Periodontal conditions in patients treated with dental bridges. The relationship between the location of crown margin and preiodontal condition. J Periodontal Res 1970:5:225-9
- Igarashi Y. Ogata A. Kuroiwa A. Wang CH. Stress distribution and abutment tooth mobility of distal-extenion removable partial dentures with different retainers: an in vivo study. Journal of Oral Rehabilitation 1999 :26: 111-6
- Chou TM, Eick JD, Moore DJ, Tira DE. Stereophotogrammetric analysis of abutment tooth movement in distal-extension removable partial dentures with intracoronal attachments and clasps. J Prosthet Dent 1991: 66: 343-9
- Itoh. H, Caputo. AA, Wylie. R. Berg. T. Effects of periodontal support and fixed splinting on load transfer by removable partial dentures. J Prosthet Dent 1998:79:465-71
- Picon DCA, Manderson RD. On the biomechanics of complete and partial dentures, in Bates JF, Neill DJ, Preiskel HW (eds): Restoration of the Partially Dentate Mouth, Proceedings of the International Prosthodontic Symposium. Chicago, Quintessence Pub1Co, 1984:27-41
- Kotowicz WE. Fisher RL. Reed RA. Jaslow C. The combination clasp and the distal extension removable partial denture. Dent Clin North Am 1973:17:651-60
- Okazaki M. Studies on retainer's effect on unilateral designs of mandibular unilateral distal extension dentures. Nippon Hotetsu Shika Gakkai Zasshi 1990:34:40-53
- Li M, Xiao M, Li H, Fu Q. Effects of clasp designs of Kennedy Class II RPD on the displacement of alveolar bone around the abutment tooth-an under load hologram. study. Hua Xi Kou Qiang Yi Xue Za Zhi 2001: 19:80-2
- Chou TM, Caputo AA, Moore DJ, Xiao B. Photoelastic analysis and comparison of force-transmission characteristics of intracoronal attachments with clasp distal-extension removable partial dentures. J Prosthet Dent 1989:62:313-9
- Mizukawa K. Mega J. Swinglock removable partial denture and biting forces In partially edentulous patients. Comparison of individual biting forces with and without swinglock removable partial denture. J Nihon Univ. Sch. Dent. 1993:35:204-8
- Pezzoli M. Appendino P. Calcagno L. Celasco M. Midica R. Load transmission evaluation by removable distal-extension partial dentures using holographic interferometry. J Dent 1993:21:312-6
- Kratochvil FJ, Thompson WD, Caputo AA. Photoelastic analysis of stress patterns on teeth and bone with attachment retainers for removable partial dentures. J Prosthet Dent 1981:46:21-8
- Siegel SC, Driscoll CF, Feldman S. Tooth stabilization and splinting before and after periodontal therapy with fixed partial dentures. Dent Clin North Am 1999:43:45-76
- Altay OT, Tsolka P, Preisket HW. Abutment teeth with extracoronal attachments: The effects of splinting on tooth movement. Int J Prosthodont 1990: 3:441-8
- Shohet H. Relative magnitudes of stress on abutment teeth with different retainers. J Prosthet Dent 1969:21:267-82
- Holmes JB. Influence of impression procedures and occlusal loading on partial denture movement. J Prosthet Dent 2001: 86:335-41
- Hochman N, Yaffe A, Ehrlich J. Splinting: a retrospective 17-year follow-up study. J Prosthet Dent. 1992:67:600-2
- Aydinlik E, Dayangac B, Celik E. Effect of splinting on abutment tooth movement. J Prosthet Dent 1983:49:477-80
- Morikawa M. Masumi S. Kido H, Toyoda S. Kozono Y. Chou TM. Analysis of abutment tooth movement utilizing mandibular kinesiography (MKG). Part 2. Effects of clasp design in unilateral free-end denture. Dent Mater J 1989:8:56-64
- Carlsson GE, Hedegard B, Koivumaa KK. Studies in partial prosthesis N. Final result of a 4-year longitudinal investigation of dentogingivally supported partial dentures. Acta Odontal Scand 1965:23:443-69
- Linke BA. Nicholls JI. Faucher RR. Distortion analysis of stone casts made from impression materials. J Prosthet Dent 1985:54:794-802
- Wang HY. Lu YC, Shiau YY. Tsou D. Vertical distortion in distal extention ridges and palatal area of casts made by different techniques. J Prosthet Dent 1996:75:302-8
- Ben-Ur Z. Gorfil C. Shifman A. Designing clasps for the asymmetric distal extension removable partial denture. Int J Prosthodont 1996:9:374-78
저자의 다른 논문
- 2001 "편측후방연장 국소의치에서 인상채득 방법과 클라스프 설계에 따른 지대치의 응력분석에 관한 연구" 대한치과보철학회지 = The journal of Korean academy of prosthodontics 39 (5): 547~555
- 2002 "상아질 지각완화제가 레진시멘트의 전단결합강도에 미치는 영향" 대한치과보철학회지 = The journal of Korean academy of prosthodontics 40 (4): 365~373
- 2003 "반복 사용된 IPS Empress 2의 굽힘강도와 색변화에 관한 연구" 대한치과보철학회지 = The journal of Korean academy of prosthodontics 41 (1): 71~80
- NDSL :
- 대한치과보철학회 : 저널 > http://journal.kap.or.kr/article_view.php?pubyear=2004&volume=42&issue=2&page_s=154
- KCI :
- 원문이 없습니다.
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기