Influence of Cultural Activities on Korean Youth Fashion From 1997 to 2004
This study aims to investigate various cultural activities of the Korean youth including the subcultural and popular cultural activities and their characteristics and influences on the youth fashion during the period 1996-2004. This study employs a qualitative approach based on the previous discussions of relevant literatures dealing with Korean youth culture and their fashion styles. The result of the study shows that the most prominent characteristic in youth fashion of the period was 'bricolage.' The appearance of 'Seotaiji' and the activities of his group laid the cornerstone of youth culture in the early 1990's. The influence of postmodernism changed the conventional sexism and androgynous outfit thrived. The androgynous effect also had strong influence on men's fashion in what turned out to be Metro-Sexual in early 2004. During the period 2000-2004 the postmodernism regained its popularity both in culture and fashion. 'Body' was also an important part of youth culture and has become the most popular and prevalent word of this era. At the same time the 'Well-Being' and sports look were the new trend of youth fashion. Sports look, also known as Caports, is one of these new trends and the most important youth fashion style like mix & match reformation. The youth became more and more aware of the body image and were interested in fashion as well. This trend awareness of their body and Well-Being image as well as their inclination to the fashion in the youth is expected to continue. Therefore the fashion industry, as their marketing strategy, needs to analyze the characteristics of the cultural trends among the youth and to prepare for the future need of youth fashion.
- Kim, Jungyeon (1998). A study on the styles of street fashion in korean youth subculture: Focus on the New Generation of the 1990's. Master thesis of Sookmyung Women's University.
- NamKoong, Younsun (1999). A Study on the Culture of Clothing of Subgroups among Adolescents by Residence. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 23(5)
- Ha, Jisu (2000). Sports look expressed in 20th century fashion. Journal of the Korean Society of Costume, 50(2), p.142
- Lee, Hyungsook (Jul. 23 2002). Sponism+wellness look is now hot. Munhwa Ilbo, p.32
- http://life.joins.com/life/programjlife_article/0,2017,aid %257CI75509%257Cservcode%257C2050101,00.html
- NamKoong, Younsun (2000). The characteristics and symbolic meaning of the appearances of Korean youth subculture styles : Focus on the new generation of the 1990's. Ph. D. Thesis of Sungkyunkwan University, p.9
- Kim, Juae & Heo, Jungran (1998). A study on the characteristics of postmodemism expressed in costume. The International Journal of Costume, 6(4), p.214
- Hebdige, Dick (1998). Subculture; Meaning of style. Seoul: Hyunsilmunhwayongu
- Lee, Eunkyung (1999). A study on political resistance of sub-culture: focusing on youth culture. Master thesis of Incheon University, pp.53-61
- Choi, Heasil (Mar. 22 2004). Kidult creats a new entertainmem. JoongAng Ilbo, p.31
- Kim, Hyungjin (May. 10 2004). Five-working-days a week changes the lifestyle. JoongAng Ilbo, p.35
- Ahn, Hyeree (Jan. 28 2004). Digital image 'Chang' undermine the real world. JoongAng Ilbo, p.1 (appendix section)
- Lee, Dongyeon (Jan. 30 2004). Trap of the thriving momchang. DongA Ilbo, p.30
- Lee, Minhee et al (1999). Perceptive condition of popular culture among korean youth Seoul: Korea Institute for Youth Development
- Hong, Kihyun (1997). A study of postrnodem phenomenon in clothing for German youth. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 21(3), p.106
- Urn, Sohee (1995). A study on the popular music and fashion of youthful subculture. Journal of the Korean Society of Costume, 26(18)
- Dougie Bicket, Raymond Williams, Grossberg, Wartella, & Whitney, (1998). MediaMaking, Retrieved November, 21, 2004 http://www.geneseo.edU/-bicket/panop!author_ W.htrn
- Kang, Myungsuk et al (1997). SeotaiJi: and are there anybody else? Seoul: Premium Books, pp.16-19
- Lee, Jungeun et al (2001). The effect of sex-role change on Men's wear. Journal of Kyungil University, 17, pp.528-530
- Chung, Hyunsook., Yang, Sookhee (1999). British street style as an original text of subculture fashion, Journal of the Korean Society of Costume, 42, p.145
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기