Changes of Organic Acids, Polyphenols, Pigments and Fiber Concentration with a Different Stalk Position and Grade of Korean Flue-cured Leaf Tobacco
This study was carried out to analyze the organic acids, polyphenols, pigments and fiber materials concentration with a different stalk position and grade of korean leaf tobaccos. Eight kinds of flue-cured leaf tobaccos which were different stalk position and grade were used for this study. Three kinds of major organic acids(citric, malic and oxalic), 2 kinds of polyphenols(chlorogenic acid and rutin), 3 kinds of pigments( $\beta$ -carotene, chlorophyll-a and chlorophyll-b), and 2 kinds of fiber components(pectin and lignin) were analyzed. All of these chemical components were changed with a different stalk position. When the citric acid, malic acid, $\beta-carotene$ , chlorophyll-a, and lignin concentration were low in the middle stalk position and high in both bottom and upper position, oxalic acid and chlorogenic acid show the highest concentration in the middle stalk position. All of these chemical components also changed with a different grade of leaf tobaccos. As the citric acid, malic acid, $\beta-carotene$ , chlorophyll-b, and lignin concentration decreased as the grade ascended, the oxalic acid and chlorogenic acid concentration increased as the grade ascended. This results assumed that the quality of korean leaf tobacco was directly proportional to oxalic acid and chlorogenic acid concentration but it was inversely proportional to citric acid, malic acid, $\beta-carotene$ , chlorophyll-b and lignin concentration.
- Court, W. A., J. M. Elliot and J. C. Henel (1982) Influence of applied nitrogen on the nonvolatile organic, fatty, and amino acids of fluecured tobacco. Can. J. Plant Science 62 : 489-496
- Shmuk, A. A. (1953) The chemistry and technology of tobacco. Pishchepromedadat, Moscow
- Weeks, W. W., M. P. Campos and S. Moldoveanu (1993) Biochernical and model chemical reactions for the basis of red pigment influe cured tobacco. J. Agric. Food Chem. 41(8) : 1321-1328
- Penn, P. T. and J. A. Weybrew (1958) Some factors affecting the content of the principal polyphenols in tobacco leaves. Tob. Sci. 2 : 68-72
- Phillips, M. and A. M. Bacot (1953) The chemical composition of certain grades of type 11, American fluecured tobacco. Relation ships of composition to grade characteristics. J. AOAC. 36 : 504-523
Heij, H. T., H. M. Dort, and H. Renes (1992) High pressure oxidation and photo oxygenation of
$\beta$carotene and lutein. Proc.112th Int. Congr. Flavours, Fragrances and Essential Oils, Vienna, 471-490
- Brumagen, D. M., and A. J. Hiatt (1966) The relationslip of oxalic acid to the translocation and utilization of calcium in N.tabacum. PIant & Soil 24 : 239-249
- Goheen, D. W., and C. H. Hoyt (1985) Lignin. :Kirk Othmer concise encyclopedia of chemical technology. John Wiley & Sons New York, 699
- Green, C. R. (1977) Some relationships between tobacco leaf and smoke composition, Rec. Advances in the Chemical Composition of Tobacco and Tobacco Smoke. Proc. Am Soc. Symp., New Orleans, 426-470
- Zbinovsky, V., and R. H. Burris (1952) Metabolism of infiltrated organic acids by tobacco leaves. Plant Physiol. 27 : 240-250
- Tso, T. C. (1990) Production, Physiology and Biochemistry of Tobacco Plant. Ideals Inc., Beltsville, Md
- Leffingwell, J. C. (1999) Basic chemical constituents of tobacco leaf and differences among tobacco types, Tobacco, Production, Chemistry and Technology. Chapter 8, Leaf chemistry, Blackwell Science, 265-284
- Court, W. A., J. C. Henel, and R. Pocs. (1993) Influence of transplanting and harvesting date on the agronomic and chemical characteristics of fluecured tobacco. Can. J.Plant Sci. 73 : 229-232
- Kalianos, A. G. (1976) Phenolics and acids in leaf and their relationship to smoking quality and aroma. Rec. Adv. Tob. Sci. 2 : 61-79
- NDSL :
- 원문이 없습니다.
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기