Effects of Cricket Extract on Lipid Metabolism and Body Fat Content in High - Fat Diet Fed Rats
The effect of cricket extract on high -fat diet fed rat was observed. It was shown that cricket extract prevented the increment of body weight by high -fat diet. The extract also decreased the value of AST in liver. The most significant effect of the extract was shown on lipid metabolism. The contents of total lipid and total cholesterol in liver and feces were reduced by the extract on dose-dependent. These statistically significant results were clear in $3\%$ extract treated group (HFD3) while were slight in $1\%$ extract treated group (HFD1). The same result was also shown in body fat content.
- Asaoka, K, 1996. Chitin-chitosan-the choice food supplement for over 10,000 physicians in Japan. Vantage Press, Inc., New York, NY
- Bae, K.H., and M.K. Kim, 1997. Effect of chitosan and N,O-carboxyrnethyl chitosan of different sources and molecular weights on cadmium toxicity. Korean J. Nutr. 30(7):751-769
- Ko, C.W., and S.P. Lee, 1997. Obesity and gallbladder disease. In: Bray, G.A, Bouchard, C., James, W.P. (Eds.), Handbook of obesity, Marcel Dekker, New York, NY, pp.709-724
- Koide, S.S., 1998. Chitin-chitosan: properties, benefits and risks. Nutr. Res. 18(6): 1091-1101
- Park, G.T., 2001. Economic entomology. Academy Book, Seoul. (In Korean)
- Hwang, S.Y., J.S. Sin, W. Kwon, H.Y. Chai, J.H. Cho, N.J. Lee, J.B. Park, I. Kim, KS. Ryu, C.Y. Yun, J.K. Kang, and Y.B. Kim, 2004. Repeated-dose toxicity study for the extract of cricket, Gryllus bimaculatus, in rats. Korean J. Lab. Animal Sci. 20(2): 194-199
- Zlatkis, A, and B. Zak, 1969. Study of a new cholesterol reagent. Anal Biochem. 29(1):143-148
- Berscht, P.C., B. Nies, A. Liebendorfer, and J. Kreuter, 1994. Incorporation of basic fibroblast growth factor into methylpyrrolidinone chitosan fleeces and determination of the in vitro release characteristics. Biomaterials 15(8): 593-600
- Kas, H.S., 1997. Chitosan: properties, preparations and application to microparticulate systems. J. Microencapsul. 14(6): 689-711
- Okuda, H., 1995. Blood pressure control and role of chitosan. Gekkan Fudu Kemikaru 11: 33-38
- Moon, C.K., M.Y. Ahn, and J.H. Chung, 1985. Protective effects of some polysaccharides on the acute hepatic damages of ICR-mice induced by administration of carbon tetrachloride and D-galactosamine. Yakhak Hoeji 29:43-49
Ahn, M.Y., Y.W. Lee, K.S. Ryu, H.S. Lee, I. Kim, J.W. Kim, Y.K Lee, E.S. Kim, and Y.S. Kim, 2002. Protective effects of water/methanol extracts of cricket on the acute hepatic damages in the ICR - mice induced by administration of
$CCl_4$Korean J. Food Sci. 34(4): 684-687
- Cui, Z., M.Y. Ahn, Y.B. Lee, and K.S. Ryu, 2002. Materia medica from insects. Shinil Books, Seoul. (In Korean)
- Ahn, M.Y., K.S. Ryu, B.Y. Park, D.W. Kim, I. Kim, and S. H. Kim, 2000. Effect of cricket on the chicken and its egg. Korean J. Poult. Sci. 27: 197-202
- Kwon, W., H.Y. Chai, Y.M. Cho, E.K. Chio, J.S. Sin, T.M. Kim, I. Kim, K.S. Ryu, S.Y. Hwang, Y.B. Kim, J.K. Kang, and C.Y. Yun, 2003. Protective effects of extract of cricket, Gryllus bimaculatus, against hepatotoxicity induced by 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin (TCDD) in rats. Korean J. Lab. Animal Sci. 19(4): 240-246
- Han, L.K, Y. Kimura, and H. Okuda, 1999. Reduction in fat storage during chitin-chitosan treatment in mice feed a high-fat diet. Int. J. Obes. 23: 173-179
- Lee, J.M., and B.K Son, 1998. Effects of chitosan of different molecular weights in lipid metaboism in rats. Korean J. Nutr. 31(2): 143-152
- Biggs, H.G., J.M. Erikson, and W.R. Moorehead, 1975. A manual colormetric assay of triglycerides in serum. Clin. Chem. 21(3): 437-441
- Folch, J., M. Less, and G.H.S. Stanely, 1957. A simple method for the isolation and purification of total lipids from animal tissues. J. Biol. Chem. 226: 497-502
- Bae, KH., H.I. Kim, and M.K. Kim, 1997. Effect of dietary chitin, chitosan and NOCC on cadmium toxicity and lipid metabolism in rats. Korean J. Nutr. 30(6): 622-633
- Ikeyama, H., and R.J. Morton, 1995. Chitin-healing power from the sea. Will Productions, Los Angeles, CA
- Nam, J.H., and Y.I. Ma, 2000. Resource development and utilization of insects. Seoul Natl. Univ. Press, Seoul. (In Korean)
- Razdan, A, and D. Pettersson, 1994. Effect of chitin and chitosan on nutrient digestibility and plasma lipid concentrations in broiler chickens. Br. J. Nutr. 72(2): 277- 288
- Seo, D.H., S.Y. Hwang, J. Han, S.K. Koh, I. Kim, KS. Ryu, and C.Y. Yun, 2004. Immune-enhancing activity screening on extract form two crickets, Gryllus bimaculatus and Teleogryllus emma. Entomol. Res. 34(3): 207-211
- 원문이 없습니다.
- DOI : http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1748-5967.2004.tb00128.x
- Blackwell Publishing_STM : 저널 > 논문
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 이용한 콘텐츠
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기