Review on Need for Introduction of New Legal Framework of Investigation and Criminal Sanctions for OSH Fatal Accidents
Current OSH system was analyzed in this paper to explain why high fatal incidents and disasters are continuously repeated for recent years in Korea. It was found that we have Dichotomous Perceptional Misconception of prevention before accident and compensation after accident and there is a significant lack of proper feedback reward system for OSH performance. It was assumed that no reduction of accident rate and fatality rate have not been achieved recently despite of a great effort and increased resource allocations. Some statistics for proving weak punishment were analyzed. In the current system, the will of administrative agency would have been very limited particularly in the legal aspects. The Industrial Safety and Health Act is not suitable to after-injury punishment for employer and/or corporate since it is based on a framework for enforcement of prevention. Based on these analyses, it was concluded that there was a need to consider a special law for Corporate Accountability for Fatal Accidents. Because it is necessary to consider seriously for introduction of a new legal system for after injury punishment to repair the current system where it was found lack of proper feedback system. Also, there was no proper sanction measures for corporate with the current OSH legal system, and the most urgent problem in OSH area is the high fatality rate. it is necessary to consider seriously for introduction of a new legal system for after injury punishment. Also, there is no proper sanction measures for corporate with the current OSH legal system, and the most urgent problem in OSH area is the high fatality rate.
- D.Y. Park, BY Kim, DW Park, CS Yoon, Study on the implementing substantial effectiveness measures for prevention of industrial accidents and occupational dis-eases by introductions of workers' rights for 21st cen-tury's socio-political conditions - A final report of research project for KOSHA OSHRI 2003-62-496. 2003
- Supreme Court: Yearbook of Supreme Court for 2000
- R.H. Sand, 'OSHA takes a step forward on preemp-tion and two step back on generic regulation' Employee Relations Law Joumal, Vol. 18, 1992.3
- N. Gunningham, and R. Johnstone, Regulating work-place safety: system and sanctions, Oxford University Press. 1999
- D.A. Ballam, 'The OSHAs preemptive effort on state criminal prosecutions of employers for workplace deaths and injuhes', Am. Business Law Joumal, Vol. 26, 1988
- Supreme Public Prosecutors' Office: Yearbook of Supreme Public Prosecutors' Office for 1986-2001
- Ministry of Labor: Year Book of Statistics for Indus-trial Accidents and Occupational Diseases: 1992-2002
- NDSL :
- 한국학술정보 : 저널
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기