Fermentative Production of White Pepper Using Indigenous Bacterial Isolates
Three Bacillus strains were isolated from soil samples. Morphological and physiological characterization indicated that the isolated strains were B. mycoides, B. licheniformis and B. brevis. White pepper was produced from black pepper by the fermentative method using the isolates in shake flaks as well as in a large-scale fermenter. Volatile oil and piperine contents of the product were $3.2\%$ (v/w) and $4\%$ (v/w) respectively. The moisture content was $15\%$ . The microbial contamination was less than 10 per 100 g. The product also exhibited excellent storage stability.
- Jagella, T. and W. Grosch (1999) Flavor and off-flavor compounds of black and white pepper (Piper nigrum L.): I. Evaluation of potent odorants of black pepper by dilution and concentration techniques. Eur. Food Res. Technol. 209: 16-21
- APHA (1992) Standard Methods for the Examination of Water and Wastewater. American Public Health Association, Washington DC, USA
- American spice trade association (1985) Official Analytical Methods. 3rd ed., American Spice Trade Association, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, USA
- Hayashi, T., S. Todoriki, and K. Kohyama (1994) Irradiation effects on pepper starch viscosity. J. Food Sci. 59: 118-120
- Thankamani, V. and R. Giridhar (2003) Development of laboratory scale process for the bacterial retting of black pepper to white pepper. Proceedings of International Conference on Chemical and Bioprocess Engineering. August 27-29. University Malaysia Sabah, Malaysia
- Jose, A. I., P. P. Suma, P. Prameela, and P. B. Binoo (2002) Package of Practices Recommendations: Crops. 12th ed., pp. 278-280. Kerala Agricultural University, Trichur, India
- Schreiber, G. A., A. Leffke, M. Mager, N. Helle, and K. W. Bogl (1994) Viscosity of alkaline suspensions of ground black and white pepper samples: An indication or identification of high-dose radiation treatment. Radiat. Phys. Chem. 44: 467-472
- Breed, R. S., E. G. D. Murray, and N. R. Smith (1957) Bergey's Manual of Systematic Bacteriology. Williams and Wilkins. Baltimore, MD, USA
- NDSL :
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기