Rosin Microparticles as Drug Carriers: Influence of Various Solvents on the Formation of Particles and Sustained-release of Indomethacin
The aim of this study was to formulate a sustained release system for indomethacin (IND) with rosin gum obtained from a pine tree. Rosin microparticles were prepared by a dispersion and dialysis method without the addition of surfactant. In order to investigate the influence of solvents on the formation of colloidal microparitcles, various solvents like ethanol, DMF, DMAc, and acetone were used. The rosin microparticles containing IND were characterized by Xray differactometry (XRD) and differential scanning calorimetry (DSC). The morphologies of rosin microparticles observed by scanning electron microscopy (SEM) were spherical. The solvents used to dissolve rosin significantly affected the drug content and drug release rate of IND. The release behaviors of IND from the rosin microparticles were dependent on the drug content and size of the particles. Rosin micorparticles with a higher drug content and of a larger particle size had a slower drug release rate. Also, the IND release rate from the rosin microparticles could be regulated by the rosin content in the microparticles. From these results, rosin microparticles have the potential of being used as a sustained release system of IND.
- Ramani, C. C., P. K. Puranik, and A. K. Dorle (1996) Study of diabietic acid as matrix forming material. Int. J. Pharm. 137: 11-19
- Yeo, Y., N. J. Baek, and K. N. Park (2001) Microencapsulation methods for delivery of protein drugs. Biotechnol. Bioprocess Eng. 6: 213-230
- Jung, S. W., Y. I. Jeong, and S. H. Kim (2003) Charac-terization of hydrophobized pullulan with various hydro-phobicities. Int. J. Pharm. 254: 109-121
- Wilhelm, M., C. L. Zhao, Y. Wang, R. Xu, M. A. Winnik, J. L. Mura, G. Riess, and M. D. Croucher (1991) Poly (styrene-ethylene oxide) block copolymer micelle formation in water: A fluorescence probe study. Macromolecules 24: 1033-1040
- Jeong, Y. I., J. B. Cheon, S. H. Kim, J. W. Nah, Y. M. Lee, Y. K. Sung, T. Akaite, and C. S. Cho (1998) Clonazepam release from core-shell type microparticles in vitro. J. Control. Release 51: 169-178
- Kown, G. S., M. Naito, M. Yokoyama, T. Okano, Y. Sakurai, and K. Kataoka (1995) Physical entrapment of adriamycin in AB block copolymer micelles. Pharm. Res. 12: 192-195
- Mandaogade, P. M., P. M. Satturwar, S. V. Fulzele, B. B. Gogte, and A. K. Dorle (2002) Rosin derivatives: Novel film forming materials for controlled drug delivery. Reactive Func. Polymers 50: 233-242
- Fulzele, S. V., P. M. Satturwar, and A. K. Dorle (2002) Polymerized rosin: Novel film forming polymer for drug delivery. Int. J. Pharm. 249: 175-84
- Eis, M. J., B. M. Watkins, A. Philip, and R. E. Welling (1998) Non-steroidal-induced benign structures of colon: A case report and review of the literature. Am. J. Gastroenterol. 93: 120-121
- Kim, S. Y., I. G. Shin, and Y. M. Lee (1999) Amphiphilic diblock copolymeric nanospheres composed of methoxy poly(ethylene glycol) and glycolide: Properties, cytotoxicity and drug release behavior. Biomaterials 20: 1033-1042
- La, S. B., T. Okano, and K. Kataoka (1996) Preparation and characterization of the micelle-forming polymeric drug indomethacin-incorporated poly(ethylene oxide)-poly ( -benzyl L-aspartate) block copolymer micelles. J. Pharm. Sci. 85: 85-90
- Joseph, I. and S. Venkatoran (1995) Indomethacin sustained release from alginate-gelatin or pectin-gelatin coacervates. Int. J. Pharm. 126: 161-168
- Jeon, H. J., Y. I. Jeong, M. K. Jang, Y. H. Park, and J. W. Nah (2000) Effect of solvent on the preparation of surfactant-free poly(DL-lactide-co-glycolide) nano-particles and norfloxacin release characteristics. Int. J. Pharm. 207: 99-108
- Gref, R., Y. Minamitake, M. T. Peracchia, V. Trubetskoy, V. Torchilin, and R. Langer (1994) Biodegradable long-cir-culating polymeric nanospheres. Science 263: 1600-1603
- Uzunkaya, G. and N. Bergisadi (2003) In vitro drug liberation and kinetics of sustained release indomethacin suppository. Il Farmaco 58: 509-512
- Khanfar, M. S., N. M. Najib, and G. K. Pillai (1997) Dissolution behaviour of sustained release formulation of indomethacin with Eudragit RS. Acta Pharm. Hung. 67: 235-239
- Puranik, P. K. and A. K. Dorle (1991) Study of a abietic acid-glycerol derivatives as microencapsulating materials. J. Microencapsulation 8: 247-252
- Kam, S. H., E. S. Park, and S. C. Chi (1995) Skin Permeation of indomethacin from Gels. J. Kor. Pharm. Sci. 25: 129-136
- Fulzele, S. V., P. M. Satturwar, and A. K. Dorle (2003) Study of the biodegradation and in vivo biocompatibility of novel biomaterials. Eur. J. Pharm. Sci. 20: 53-61
- Lee, C. M., D. W. Kim, H. C. Lee, and K. Y. Lee, (2004) Pectin microspheres for oral colon delivery: Preparation using spray drying method and in vitro release of indomethacin. Biotechnol. Bioprocess Eng. 9: 191-195
- Flower, R. J. (1994) Drugs which inhibit prostaglandin biosynthesis. Pharm. Rev. 26: 33-67
- Karasulu, E., H. Y. Karasulu, G. Ertan, L. Kirilmaz, and T. Guneri (2003) Extended release lipophilic indomethacin microspheres: Formulation factors and mathematical equations fitted drug release rates. Eur. J. Pharm. Sci. 19: 9-104
- Na, K., Y. E. Kim, and K. Y. Lee, (1999) Preparation of microparticles in drug delivery system using guar derivatives and dialysis method. J. Microbiol. Biotechnol. 9: 50-55
- NDSL :
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 이용한 콘텐츠
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기