The Quality Evaluation of Korean Traditional Hanji by Different Sheet-making Processes
It is well known that Korean traditional Hanji have lots of predominant physical and optical properties such as high density, high air permeability, long lasting quality and lightness. The paper-making raw materials of traditional Korean Hanji are the bast fibre cooked from the Korean paper mulberry as a fibrous materials and sticky aqueous material from the root of Hibiscus anihot L. as additives for good dispersion of stock. Additionally, the mechanical properties of Hanji varies according to the cooking methods of bast tissues of Korean paper mulberry, the treatment methods of fibrous raw materials such as bleaching and refining, the wet formation types of sheet-making such as 'Oebal-chiji' and 'Ssangbal-choji', and the finishing treatment like stamping. This study was carried out to investigate and evaluate the quality properties of Korean traditional hand-made Hanji, and compared with commercial machine-made paper and modified prepared sheets. The physical quality comparisons of different kinds of Hanji were focused on the methods of hand-sheet making, the types of raw materials, the treatment of stamping, and the properties of ink reception and spreading.
- Cheon, C., Kim, S. J. and Jin,Y. M. Physical strength comparison of the indigenous Hanji and improved Hanji, J of Life Sci. & Nat. Res., 21: 110 (2001)
- Jeon, C. The effect of papermaking methods and do-chim of handmade korean paper (Hanji) on the strength, Mokchae Konghak, 30(2): 134 (2002)
- Choi, T. R. and Cho, N. S. New Korean traditional papermaking from paper mulberry (J), J of Korea TAPPI 28(1): 49 (1996)
- Cho, N, S, Characteristics of new Hanji (Korean Paper) produced by modified pulping process, J of the Korean Conservation Science for Cultural Properties, 5(1) (1996)
- Seo, Y. B. Choi, C. H. and Jeon, Y. Effect of traditional Hanji manufacturing process on its physical properties, J of Korea TAPPI 33(4): 28 (2001)
- Choi, T. H., Cho, N. S., Cho, J. H. and Jeong, T. S. Comparison of physical properties ofHanjis made by different sheet forming processes. J of Korea TAPPI 33(4): 21 (2001)
- Cho, N, S, A new improvement of traditional Hanji(Korean Paper) manufacturing technology from Paper mulberries, J of the Korean Conservation Science for Cultural Properties, 4(1) (1996)
- Choi , T, H. and Cho, N. S. New Korean traditional papennaking from paper mulbeny (I), J of Korea TAPPI 30(2): (1981)
- NDSL :
- DBPia : 저널
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 이용한 콘텐츠
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기