The Degradation of Wood and Pulp by Wood-degrading Fungi
Degradations of pine, yellow poplar and sweet gum by two fungi, Pycnoporus cinnabarinus and Trichophyton rubrum LSK-27 were investigated. P. cinabarinus degraded pine block samples much faster than T rub rum LSK-27, whereas P. cinnabarinus and T rubrum LSK-27 degraded yellow poplar and sweet gum at almost the same rate. In an effort to get a better understanding of how fungi degrade lignin in wood, contents of various functional groups were analyzed. After three-months of degradation of pine flour by these fungi, the following changes were observed: an increase in condensed phenolic OH group and carboxylic acid group content, a decrease in the guaiacyl phenolic OH content, and little change of aliphatic OH group content. Further studies in the degradation of pine flour by P. cinnabarinus indicated that the increase in condensed phenolic OH group content and the decrease in guaiacyl phenolic OH group content occurred in the first month of the degradation. The changes of functional group contents in the degradation of unbleached softwood kraft pulp by P. cinnabarinus had the same trends as those in the degradation of pine flour. That is, structural alteration of lignin due to the kraft pulping process had little effect on how P. cinnabarinus degraded lignin.
- Li, K., Horanyi, P. S., Collins, R., Phillips, R. S. and Eriksson, K. L., Investigation of the role of 3-hydroxyanthranilic acid in the degradation of lignin by white rot fungus Pycnoporus cinnabarinus, Enzyme Microb. Technol. 28:301-307 (2001)
- Harkan Bermek, Hilal Yazici, Hyunchae Jung, Kaichang Li and Feng Xu, Purification and characterization ofmanganese peroxidase from wood-degrading fungus Trichophyton rubrum LSK-27, Enzyme Microbiol. Tech. 35:87-92 (2004)
- Jiang, Z. H. and Argyropoulos, D. S., The steroselective degradation of arylglycerol-beta-aryl ethers during kraft pulping, J. Pulp Paper Sci. 20:183-188 (1994)
- Bermek, H., Li, K. and Eriksson, K.-E. L., Laccase-less mutants of the white rot fungus Pycnoporus cinnabarinus can not delignif)r kraft pulp, J. Biotechnol. 66: 117-124 (1998)
- Eggert, C., Temp, U. and Eriksson, K.-E. L., The ligninolytic system ofthe white rot fungus Pycnoporus cinnabarinus : purification and characterization of the laccase, Appl. Environ. Microbiol. 62: 1151-1158 (1996)
Tohmura, S. and Argyropoulos, D. S., Determination of arylglycerol-
\beta-aryl ethers and other linkages in native and technical Iignins, J. Agric. Food Chern. 49:536-542 (2001)
- Hyunchae Jung, Seurkee Park, Byeongsoo Kim and Chongyawl Park, Screening and evaluating of wood-rotting fungi for lignin degradation and ligninolytic enzyme production (Ⅰ), 한국목재공학회지 23(4):108-116 (1995)
- Eggert, C., Temp, U. and Eriksson, K.-E. L., Laccase is essential for lignin degradation by white-rot fungus Pycnoporus cinnabarinus, FEBS Lett 407:89-92 (1997)
- Bourbonnais, R. and Paice, M. G., Oxidation of non-phenolic substrates: an expanded role for laccase in lignin biodegradation, FEBS Lett. 267:99-102 (1990)
- Granata, A. A. and Argyropoulos, D. S., 2 -chloro-4 ,4, 5,5 -tetramethyl-1, 3, 2 dioxaphospholane a regent for the accurate determination of the uncondenced and condenced phenolic moieties in Iignins, J. Agric. Food Chern. 43:1538-1544 (1995)
- Argyropoulos, D. S., Quantitative phosphorous-31 NMR analysis of lignin, J. Wood Chern. Technol. 14:45-63 (1994)
- Li, K., Helm, R. F. and Eriksson, K-E. L., Mechanistic studies of the oxidation ofa non-phenolic lignin model compound by the laccase/N-hydroxybenzotriazole redox ystem, Appl. Biochem. 27:239-243 (1998)
- Eggert, C., Temp, U. and Eriksson, K.-E. L., A fungal metabolite mediates degradation of non phenolic lignin structures and synthetic lignin by laccase, FEBS Lett. 407:89-92 (1996)
- Eriksson, K-EL., Blanchette, R. A. and Ander, P., Microbiol and enzymatic degradation of wood components, New York: Springer-verlag (1990)
- Geng, X. and Li, K., Degradation ofnon-phenolic lignin by the white-rot fungus Pycnoporus cinnabarinus, Appl. Microbiol. Biotechnol. 60:342-346 (2002)
- Li, K., Xu, F. and Eriksson, K-E. L., Comparison of fungallaccase and redox mediators in oxidation of a nonphenolic lignin model cpmpound, Appl. Environ. Microbiol. 65:2654-2660 (1999)
- NDSL :
- DBPia : 저널
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기