Imparting Disperse and Cationic Dyeability to Polypropylene through Melt Blending
The present paper deals with improvement in disperse dyeablility as well as imparting of cationic dyeablility to difficultly dyeable polypropylene by a melt blending technique. Isotactic polypropylene (PP) was blended with fibre grade polybutylene terephthalate (PBT), cationic dyeable polyethylene terephthalate (CDPET) and polystyrene (PS), individually. The resulting binary blends were spun and drawn into fibres at draw ratio 2, 2.5, and 3. The compatibility of blends, structural changes of fibres in terms of X-ray crystallinity, relative crystallinity, sonic modulus, birefringence and thermal stability were examined. The blended fibres were found to be disperse dyeable by the conventional method of high temperature and high pressure dyeing. And this dye ability increased with increase in the level of substitution. PP/CDPET blend also exhibited dyeablility with cationic dyes in addition to that with disperse dyes. The optimum level of blending was predicted keeping in view of tenacity and thermal stability of melt blend fibres. The wash fastness properties of the dyed fibres were found to be of high rate.
- B. L. Deopura, K. N. Baumik, and S. Mahajan, Ind. J. Fiber and Text. Res., 16(1), 65 (1991)
- B. R. Manjunath, A. Venkatram, and T. Stephan, J. Appl. Polym. Sci., 17, 10191 (1973)
- W. H. Charch and W. Mosley, Text. Res. J., 29, 525 (1959)
- S. R. Karmarkar and H. S. Singh, Colourage Annual, 44, 102 (1997)
- A. M. Sarmadi, T. H. Ying, and Y. Denes, Text. Res. J., 63(12), 697 (1993)
- K. Dimov and J. Georgiev, Faserforsh Textiltech., 26, 479 (1975)
- O. Olabisi, L. M. Robenson, and M. T. Shaw, 'Polymer Miscibility', Academic Press, New York, 1979
- Y. Gin and D. L. Brydon, J. Appl. Polym. Sci., 61, 1287 (1996)
- M. Yukio and N. Satoshi, J. Appl. Polym. Sci., 63, 133 (1997)
- J. Zimmerman, E. M. Pearce, I. K. Miller, J. A. Muzzio, I. G. Epstein, and E. A. Hosegood, J. Appl. Polym. Sci., 17, 849 (1973)
- R. S. Stein, J. Appl. Polym. Sci., 31, 327 (1958)
- E. R. Trotman, 'Dyeing and Chemical Technology of Textile Fibers', 4th Ed., p.596, Griffin, London, 1970
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (5)
- 2007. "" 韓國染色加工學會誌 = Textile coloration and finishing, 19(2): 36~43
- Chang, Young-Min ; Lee, Jin-Ah ; Park, Jong-Ho ; Koh, Joon-Seok ; Jung, Young-Jin ; Kim, Sung-Dong 2008. "Dyeing Properties of PET/Dyeable PP Double Knit Fabric" 韓國染色加工學會誌 = Textile coloration and finishing, 20(2): 53~58
- 2011. "" Fibers and polymers, 12(1): 35~41
- 2011. "" Fibers and polymers, 12(2): 220~225
- 2011. "" Fibers and polymers, 12(6): 789~794
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기