An Experimental Investigation of Yarn Tension in Simulated Ring Spinning
Yarn tension is a key factor that affects the efficiency of a ring spinning system. In this paper, a specially constructed rig, which can rotate a yam at a high speed without inserting any real twist into the yarn, was used to simulate a ring spinning process. Yarn tension was measured at the guide-eye during the simulated spinning of different yarns at various balloon heights and with varying yarn length in the balloon. The effect of balloon shape, yarn hairiness and thickness, and yam rotating speed, on the measured yarn tension, was examined. The results indicate that the collapse of balloon shape from single loop to double loop, or from double loop to triple etc, lead to sudden reduction in yarn tension. Under otherwise identical conditions, a longer length of yarn in the balloon gives a lower yarn tension at the guide-eye. In addition, thicker yarns and/or more hairy yarns generate a higher tension in the yarn, due to the increased air drag acting on the thicker or more hairy yarns.
- H. Stalder, Textile Asia, March 2000, 43 (2000)
- R. Fan, S. K. Singh, and C. D. Rahn, Transactions of the ASME, 68, 332 (2001)
- D. G. Padfield, Proc. R. Soc. Lond. A, (Proceedings: Mathematical and Physical Sciences), 245, 382 (1958)
- W. B. Fraser, Phil. Trans. R. Soc. Lond. A, (Philosophical Transactions: Physical Sciences and Engineering), 342, 439 (1993)
- R. Sharma and C. D. Rahn, J. Text. Inst., 89(4), 621 (1998)
- F. Zhu, R. Sharma, and C. D. Rahn, J. Appl. Mech., 64, 676 (1997)
- J. D. Clark, W. B. Fraser, R. Sharma, and C. D. Rahn, Proc. R. Soc. Lond. A, (Proceedings: Mathematical, Physicol and Engineering Sciences), 454, 2767 (1998)
- L. Chang, Z. X. Tang, and X. Wang, Text. Res. J., 73 (11), 949 (2003)
- F. Zhu, K. Hall, and C. D. Rahn, Int. J. Non-linear Mechanics, 33(1), 33 (1998)
- W. B. Fraser, J. Text. Inst., 84(3), 364 (1993)
- S. K. Batra, T. K. Ghosh, and M. I. Zeidman, Text. Res. J., 59(7), 416 (1989)
저자의 다른 논문
- 2002 "Characterization of Conductive Polypyrrole Coated Wool Yarns" Fibers and polymers 3 (1): 24~30
- 2002 "A Novel Polymer Membrane for Extraction Applications" Fibers and polymers 3 (2): 68~73
- 2002 "Correlating the Fineness and Residual Gum Content of Degummed Hemp Fibres" Fibers and polymers 3 (4): 129~133
- 2003 "An Investigation of Solubility of Aliquat 336 in Different Extracted Solutions" Fibers and polymers 4 (1): 27~31
- 2003 "Comparative Analysis of Two Selective Bleaching Methods on Alpaca Fibers" Fibers and polymers 4 (3): 124~128
- 2004 "Improved Membranes for the Extraction of Heavy Metals" Fibers and polymers 5 (1): 68~74
- 2004 "Effects of Bleaching and Dyeing on the Quality of Alpaca Tops and Yarns" Fibers and polymers 5 (2): 128~133
- 2004 "Compressive and Flexural Properties of Hemp Fiber Reinforced Concrete" Fibers and polymers 5 (3): 187~197
- 2005 "Frictional and Tensile Properties of Conducting Polymer Coated Wool and Alpaca Fibers" Fibers and polymers 6 (3): 259~262
- 2005 "Internal Structure and Pigment Granules in Colored Alpaca Fibers" Fibers and polymers 6 (3): 263~268
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기